1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Nov '19 13:18
    Money is power.....those with it have it, those without out it don't!

-VR
  2. Houston, TX
    Moves
    28 Nov '19 13:561 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    It's soo nice put on a jacket/coat/pair of pants that you haven't worn in a while and there, in one of the pockets are a few $100 bills you forgot to take out when last you wore the item.

🙂
    Mine usually has a receipt for a very expensive dinner, and I realize it probably wasn't worth it. 🙁
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Nov '19 14:00
    @great-big-stees said
    It's soo nice put on a jacket/coat/pair of pants that you haven't worn in a while and there, in one of the pockets are a few $100 bills you forgot to take out when last you wore the item.

🙂
    I haven't done that since back in the 70's to impress people....In todays world I deal mainly with plastic cards. You know you can't even rent a car around here anymore without a Credit Card, they will not accept cash!!!

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '19 14:06
    @very-rusty said
    I haven't done that since back in the 70's to impress people....In todays world I deal mainly with plastic cards. You know you can't even rent a car around here anymore without a Credit Card, they will not accept cash!!!

-VR
    I only have a few grand in cash on me at any one time and that's only when I collect "rent". 🤔
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Nov '19 14:161 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I only have a few grand in cash on me at any one time and that's only when I collect "rent". 🤔
    I always had my renters do post dated checks for 12 months. People know you are carrying a few grand on your person could be dangerous. People have been known to kill for a lot less.

-VR
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 09:24
    @mister-moggy said
    ( send me some. i know it is only paper but it smells nice when it is new and it doesn't crumble in the wash ).
    Actually I like coins more than paper money. They tend to be decorated nicely. I have also some old coins, which have no monetary worth but still look nice 🙂
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 09:29
    @ponderable said
    Actually I like coins more than paper money. They tend to be decorated nicely. I have also some old coins, which have no monetary worth but still look nice 🙂
    The new coins however in Sweden and other Europe are difficult to tell apart - almost same size and colour.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 16:38
    @torunn said
    The new coins however in Sweden and other Europe are difficult to tell apart - almost same size and colour.
    Perhaps it is just me but I find our nickels and quarters close to the same size.

-VR
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 09:27
    @torunn said
    Well the 10,20 and 50 EuroCent are somewhat similar, but still nicely distinguishible I think. I normally don't really bother about the copper ones...though the 5 cent is the biggest of those by far.
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 10:00
    @ponderable said
    Well the 10,20 and 50 EuroCent are somewhat similar, but still nicely distinguishible I think. I normally don't really bother about the copper ones...though the 5 cent is the biggest of those by far.
    Most shops in Gothenburg's most frequented street. 'Avenyen', do not accept cash anyore, only cards. They have a sign saying 'No cash'. An elderly man behind me queueing for tickets at the cinema, who I understood was making a rare visit with his wife to Gothenburg city to see the film 'Van Gogh', got extremely annoyed, shouting: "Why the - - - - do we waste money on making new cash if we cant use it...???" Somebody offered his help to use his card instead.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 11:07
    @torunn said
    Most shops in Gothenburg's most frequented street. 'Avenyen', do not accept cash anyore, only cards. They have a sign saying 'No cash'. An elderly man behind me queueing for tickets at the cinema, who I understood was making a rare visit with his wife to Gothenburg city to see the film 'Van Gogh', got extremely annoyed, shouting: "Why the - - - - do we waste money on making new cash if we cant use it...???" Somebody offered his help to use his card instead.
    He's got a point.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 11:16
    @mister-moggy said
    ( send me some. i know it is only paper but it smells nice when it is new and it doesn't crumble in the wash ).
    I would like to send some money to my family in austrailia , but money laundering laws and greedy bankers make it very expensive £50 per transaction. anyone got any legitamate methods of sending money at a reasonable cost.
  13. Green Boots Cave
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 12:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It rarely happens with money, but for me, it frequently happens with mints.
    mints pies?
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 13:53
    @very-rusty said
    I always had my renters do post dated checks for 12 months. People know you are carrying a few grand on your person could be dangerous. People have been known to kill for a lot less.

-VR
    I carry "heat", but don't tell anyone...OK?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '20 15:192 edits
    @mister-moggy said
    When converted to tax dollars it solves all our ills but the more of our own money we have of it the worse we become.

LOL.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree