say something nice about money

say something nice about money

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jan 20
1 edit

@badradger said
I would like to send some money to my family in austrailia , but money laundering laws and greedy bankers make it very expensive £50 per transaction. anyone got any legitamate methods of sending money at a reasonable cost.
Australia Has a fire the size of our Province of Ontario one of our bigger Provinces. So far the amount burnt is the size of Nova Scotia and growing bigger. It will take a lot of Money when it is all over for sure!!!

EDIT: I believe we have a site member from Australia who could tell us more if they are still on line.

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
05 Jan 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Australia Has a fire the size of our Province of Ontario one of our bigger Provinces. So far the amount burnt is the size of Nova Scotia and growing bigger. It will take a lot of Money when it is all over for sure!!!

EDIT: I believe we have a site member from Australia who could tell us more if they are still on line.

-VR
I see Canada has sent firefighters to Oz. I am really surprised Australia isn't getting more international help, especially from the US

Don't take me wrong, the US may be involved, I don't know. But if they are, it is not terribly visible.

EDIT: https://abcnews.go.com/International/us-sends-additional-support-australia-battle-apocalyptic-wildfires/story?id=68066360

I'm wrong LOL, happily

Moves
05 Jan 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I see Canada has sent firefighters to Oz. I am really surprised Australia isn't getting more international help, especially from the US
Their solution would be, as in Iraq, to fire-bomb the enemy into submission. Not really helpful in either case, but hey, brain-damaged does as brain-damaged is.

Moves
06 Jan 20

@shallow-blue said
Their solution would be, as in Iraq, to fire-bomb the enemy into submission. Not really helpful in either case, but hey, brain-damaged does as brain-damaged is.
I have contacted a concrete contractor and he will begin construction of my Nuclear" bomb shelter tomorrow morning and assures me that it will be completed in 5 days. Sure hope nothing happens in the meantime.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 20

@great-big-stees said
I have contacted a concrete contractor and he will begin construction of my Nuclear" bomb shelter tomorrow morning and assures me that it will be completed in 5 days. Sure hope nothing happens in the meantime.
Don't even concern yourself you'll be gone without ever knowing anything happened if you're one of the lucky ones!!! 😉

-VR

Moves
06 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
Don't even concern yourself you'll be gone without ever knowing anything happened if you're one of the lucky ones!!! 😉

-VR
Are you suggesting that money can't buy protection? I remember going to the pharmacy and paying money for it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Are you suggesting that money can't buy protection? I remember going to the pharmacy and paying money for it.
No, money can certainly buy you protection but it can't guarantee your safety.

Even what you bought at the pharmacy for protection could have a tiny hole in it someone stocking the shelves thought would be a great joke!

EDIT: On the positive side your swimmers may have become weak over the years. 😉

-VR

k

Moves
06 Jan 20

@suzianne said
Actually, paper money in the US is more akin to cloth than paper. That's why it endures.
Actually it's made from recycled denim. And it ain't worth the denim it's printed on. Fiat money backed by nothing. Except your faith in the govt. of which I have none. When the pyriamid scheme called the Fed and the stock market collapse the house of cards comes down. Better have some guns.

k

Moves
06 Jan 20

@mister-moggy said
@Suzianne

when counterfieters want to "age money" they put it in a pillowcase with some dirt and a few small rocks and then put it in the clothes dryer for a bit.

comes out looking like the bills have been around awhile.
Actually they use poker chips not rocks

k

Moves
06 Jan 20
1 edit

@very-rusty said
Why on earth would have a $100.00 in your pants pocket?

-VR
I keep $1000 in mine. Computers crash and there go the ATMs. You see what happened awhile back when poor people couldn't use their benefit cards? Wasn't pretty. Started looting. And was only accouple hrs.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 20

@kquinn909 said
I keep $1000 in mine. Computers crash and there go the ATMs. You see what happened awhile back when poor people couldn't use their benefit cards? Wasn't pretty. Started looting. And was only accouple hrs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BproXw33NFc
I think it is silly to keep $1000.00 in your pants pocket...Now a few thousand in a safe place in your house would be much smarter in my humble opinion. 😉

-VR

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
06 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
I think it is silly to keep $1000.00 in your pants pocket...Now a few thousand in a safe place in your house would be much smarter in my humble opinion. 😉

-VR
Better yet, gold bullion

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jan 20

@earl-of-trumps said
Better yet, gold bullion
Certainly but not in your pants pocket! 😉

-VR

Moves
07 Jan 20

@great-big-stees said
Be glad you live in Canada, and not in the UK: at least you can still afford a Polish builder.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
08 Jan 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
It rarely happens with money, but for me, it frequently happens with mints.
Old contaminated tissues for me 😟