20 Feb '16 16:10
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Alas, too close.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:14
    Originally posted by Startreader
    That's not what the thread is about. It was very much in the context of Maslow, not the very worthy efforts of a disadvantaged community improving their own lives.
    The thread is about "Self-Actualization". You didn't even know what the term meant on page 1. Now you're telling me we have to talk about Maslow? You're trying a wee bit too hard to be contrary. 😀
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    The thread is about "Self-Actualization". You didn't even know what the term meant on page 1. Now you're telling me we have to talk about Maslow? You're trying a wee bit too hard to be contrary. 😀
    Gosh, you're not on form today, are you?

That wasn't what I said and you know it. You are so very predictable and tedious.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:22
    Gosh, you're not on form today, are you?

That wasn't what I said and you know it. You are so very predictable and tedious.
    There are people self-actualizing here who don't need to know who Maslow was or what he thought. The reason I have explained this to you is because you didn't seem to know what self-actualization meant.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are people self-actualizing here who don't need to know who Maslow was or what he thought. The reason I have explained this to you is because you didn't seem to know what self-actualization meant.
    Keep trying!

If you were as intelligent as you claim to be you wouldn't be on here every hour of every day, as Ghost Hunter has so perceptively observed, and you wouldn't be puyying so
    Much effort into trying to put me and some others down.

You're a fraud. You've been rumbled! Get over it!

😀
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 18:18
    😵
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 18:35
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Life is meant to be participated in, not watching.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:213 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Seriously, I found contentment the day I realized one should not expect absolutely
    nothing from life.

I do what I can and keep on moving without looking back. If good stuff happens, I
    enjoy it. If bad stuff happens then I am never disappointed.

There is no purpose to life, to be honest.
    "There is no purpose to life, to be honest."

You, Sir, have just spoken your own perception of human life for which your mother's womb provided the viable fetus to which God Himself imparted soul life to biological life the moment you inhaled your first breath. No, my Almost Friend, you are not being "honest" at all .Rather, you are the victim of self deception, self justification, self absorption and self induced misery as the consequences of making a series of multiple sets of wrong decisions from an abject position of weakness during your adult life. In doing so you may have also violated your family's near and longer term best interests; and possibly have caused irreparable damage to their nervous systems and psyches. This OP evidences subliminal suicidal tendencies fueled by the high grade octane of guilt on a trip to nowhere you or any other member of the human race would ever wish to go. You, Sir, are far more to be pitied than scorned. Kind Regards, Bob
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Life is meant to be participated in, not watching.
    Amen ["We / I agree" in the Koine Greek of the New Testament]
  11. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"There is no purpose to life, to be honest."

You, Sir, have just spoken your own perception of human life for which your mother's womb provided the viable fetus to which God Himself imparted soul life to biological life the moment you inhaled your first breath. No, my Almost Friend, ...[text shortened]... race would ever wish to go. You, Sir, are far more to be pitied than scorned. Kind Regards, Bob[/b]
    Eh ?
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:55
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You, Sir, have just spoken your own perception of human life for which your mother's womb provided the viable fetus to which God Himself imparted soul life to biological life the moment you inhaled your first breath. No, my Almost Friend, you are not being "honest" at all .Rather, you are the victim of self deception, self justification, self absorption ...[text shortened]... race would ever wish to go. You, Sir, are far more to be pitied than scorned. Kind Regards, Bob
    Seitse takes life as it comes.

"If good stuff happens, I enjoy it," says he. "If bad stuff happens then I am never disappointed."

Where is the self-deception?
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 21:07
    Ignore the troll, guys. He's on his way out anyway.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 21:27
    Keep trying!

If you were as intelligent as you claim to be you wouldn't be on here every hour of every day, as Ghost Hunter has so perceptively observed, and you wouldn't be puyying so
    Much effort into trying to put me and some others down.

You're a fraud. You've been rumbled! Get over it!

😀
    And you are here to observe him being here every hour. What does that make you?
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 21:29
    Ignore the troll, guys. He's on his way out anyway.
    The troll is losing the little bit of wits he had very fast, isn't he?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree