Shooting tragedy

Shooting tragedy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Doward

what a load of horse hockey. capital punishment has proven to not be a deterrent in any way shape or form. States with capital punishment laws have far higher murder rates. Perhaps the idea of sanctity of life needs to begin with our justice system
Heart bleed much? Having laws on the books is a joke if the justice system is too blind, weak willed or confused to enforce them.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
Fluently. 🙂

I also speak pseudo intellectual and arrogant bastard.
Cool, I have the Rosetta Stone course for grumpy old geezer now.
Whipperschnapper. 😛

D

St. Peter's

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Heart bleed much? Having laws on the books is a joke if the justice system is too blind, weak willed or confused to enforce them.
your banal answer aside, my point still stands, death penalties are not a deterrent.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Dec 12

your banal answer aside, my point still stands, death penalties are not a deterrent.
Not at all? I would have to think it might stop some. But then I wouldn't know, I'm still trudging through rice paddies with my M50. 😕

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
18 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Wow, they want $35 for that. Pity; I was interested in reading it.
Send me your e-mail in PM and you can have a copy for free!

-m.

Edit: It is still known and referred to as the APA!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Dec 12

Always liked the word 'banal'. Reminds me of its baby brother, 'anal'. The baby brother reminds me of an experienced anal surgeon,

I once knew in Chicago, whose colleagues nicknamed her "The Rear Admiral". Words that fit context are nifty, don't you think?
-

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by mikelom
Send me your e-mail in PM...
I think I'd rather pay the $35. 😕

t

Moves
18 Dec 12

What the hell is it then?

t

Moves
18 Dec 12

"When a dude's gettin' bullied and shoots up his school. And they blame it on Marilyn and the heroin. Where were the parents at? And look at where it's at middle America. Now it's a tragedy Now it's so sad to see An upper class city having this happening"

-Eminem

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I'm a gun advocate. Perhaps more than that I'm an advocate of personal freedom. Having said this, I'm also an advocate personal responsibility. I expect people to be held accountable for their actions and/or inactions. This is part of how I would expect a free society to work. However, with today's shocking murder of children I can't help but won ...[text shortened]... pathies go out to the families of those affected by this senseless slaughter of innocents.
Well put HoH. It's been a while since I've been on the site. It's not the guns. It's the people with mental problems. I'm not a real big gun enthusiast but do I have a rifle and a handgun. What we really need is treatment centers and hospitals for the mentally ill. Let's put some tax money into these instead of all the senseless endeavours we do now.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
"When a dude's gettin' bullied and shoots up his school. And they blame it on Marilyn and the heroin. Where were the parents at? And look at where it's at middle America. Now it's a tragedy Now it's so sad to see An upper class city having this happening"

-Eminem
Marshall Mathers is a prime candidate to unload on someone at any time.

t

Moves
21 Dec 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Marshall Mathers is a prime candidate to unload on someone at any time.
Really? I don't think he has shot anybody in his life. Even if he was it doesn't take away from the point being made. If it happens in a first world country its a huge problem but places where the total shootings in one day match a whole year in America are ignored.

p

Moves
21 Dec 12

Originally posted by Frank Burns
Well put HoH. It's been a while since I've been on the site. It's not the guns. It's the people with mental problems. I'm not a real big gun enthusiast but do I have a rifle and a handgun. What we really need is treatment centers and hospitals for the mentally ill. Let's put some tax money into these instead of all the senseless endeavours we do now.
Have you ever wondered why the mentally ill in Britain dont go around shooting people ? ,its because they can't get their hands on a gun thats why !
Untill you admit that guns are THE problem you will be wasting a hell of a lot of tax payers money on the biggest senseless endeavour .

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Dec 12

Originally posted by phil3000
Have you ever wondered why the mentally ill in Britain dont go around shooting people ? ,its because they can't get their hands on a gun thats why !
Untill you admit that guns are THE problem you will be wasting a hell of a lot of tax payers money on the biggest senseless endeavour .
How would you go about getting rid of the millions of weapons already out there?

My bet is making laws that people can't have them isn't going to work.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
21 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
Really? I don't think he has shot anybody in his life. Even if he was it doesn't take away from the point being made. If it happens in a first world country its a huge problem but places where the total shootings in one day match a whole year in America are ignored.
Don't you know by now if it doesn't happen in the U.S.A. it really DOESN'T MATTER!!!