1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 11:01
    Originally posted by Seitse
    It varies. In one of my prior incarnations the firm classified HNWI as over €1M in liquid assets. Underline liquid.
    Well, I don't know what € 1m even means. Haven't you noticed how stupid I am? 🙄

The last I heard 10% of the American population controlled 90% of the wealth.

Seems lop sided to me. I think greed, and not hard work, has a lot to do with the disparity.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 11:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, I don't know what € 1m even means. Haven't you noticed how stupid I am? 🙄

The last I heard 10% of the American population controlled 90% of the wealth.

Seems lop sided to me. I think greed, and not hard work, has a lot to do with the disparity.
    Sorry. That's 1 million and liquid assets are cash, stock and bonds.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 15:35
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Sorry. That's 1 million and liquid assets are cash, stock and bonds.
    Well, it's all I can do just to keep the IRS's hands off of my stash. I wish I had a lawyer that knows how to hide money. Of course I still pay my fair share of taxes. In today's economy taxes are a large share of the profits. And what are they doing with it? They sure ain't fixin' anything.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    22 Jun '16 15:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, it's all I can do just to keep the IRS's hands off of my stash. I wish I had a lawyer that knows how to hide money. Of course I still pay my fair share of taxes. In today's economy taxes are a large share of the profits. And what are they doing with it? They sure ain't fixin' anything.
    It is not hard to find a lawyer who is able to do that. It all depends how
    much you wish to hide and how safe you want to be, you know? In these
    matters, you get what you pay for. And if you are careless, you end up
    in the Panama papers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree