Signs of jealousy

Signs of jealousy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
128d

Recognizing jealousy in others can sometimes be challenging, but there are several signs that can indicate someone is experiencing this emotion.

For instance. Overchecking Social Media: Constantly checking someone's social media to see what they're doing can be a sign of jealousy.

What do you look for to recognize jealousy?

F

Moves
128d

@pettytalk said
I don't think the word "jealousy" is apt. However, I think an inferiority complex is something similar.

People who type out reams and reams of evasive pretentious drivel are usually exhibiting either [1] completely insincere 'interest' in conversing, or [2] an inferiority complex.

There have been numerous posters here over the years whose posting has been tainted by an inferiority complex. If you want to label it "jealousy", that's a matter for you.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
128d

I am jealous of FMF getting people banned from the Yakuza.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
128d

@pettytalk said
Recognizing jealousy in others can sometimes be challenging, but there are several signs that can indicate someone is experiencing this emotion.

For instance. Overchecking Social Media: Constantly checking someone's social media to see what they're doing can be a sign of jealousy.

The great thing about being an only child is that you’ll never have to experience sibling rivalry nor revisit it during the bereavement of a sibling.

F

Moves
128d

@the-gravedigger said
I am jealous of FMF getting people banned from the Yakuza.
Yeah, you have to go through me to do it.

Moves
128d

@fmf said
I don't think the word "jealousy" is apt. However, I think an inferiority complex is something similar.
Ah, so it was an inferiority complex that had you claim to be the poster of the year, despite not getting past the first round of voting?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
128d

@drewnogal said
The great thing about being an only child is that you’ll never have to experience sibling rivalry nor revisit it during the bereavement of a sibling.
I have 2 sisters and there is no rivalry. I want the best for both of them.

F

Moves
128d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Ah, so it was an inferiority complex that had you claim to be the poster of the year, despite not getting past the first round of voting?
No. It was not an inferiority complex. It was an ironic sense of humour.

Moves
128d

@the-gravedigger said
Even when you were growing up?

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
128d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Even when you were growing up?
Growing up yes. But when we became adults we put away childish things. The last thing I will be thinking about if one of them dies is sibling rivalry.

Moves
128d

@fmf said

People who type out reams and reams of evasive pretentious drivel are usually exhibiting either [1] completely insincere 'interest' in conversing, or [2] an inferiority complex.

There have been numerous posters here over the years whose posting has been tainted by an inferiority complex. If you want to label it "jealousy", that's a matter for you.
Not Happy About Success: Healthy competition can be good, but when you're feeling unhappy when others achieve success or feel the need to constantly one-up their accomplishments, you may be experiencing envy. Signs of envy include not being happy for others when they achieve success, another person's success making you feel unhappy, feeling the need to diminish someone else's success, judging others negatively, and being happy when others face setbacks.

Envy is another sign of jealousy.

F

Moves
128d

@the-gravedigger said
I learnt how to box with my two sisters. I often beat them, too.

F

Moves
128d

@pettytalk said
Not Happy About Success: Healthy competition can be good, but when you're feeling unhappy when others achieve success or feel the need to constantly one-up their accomplishments, you may be experiencing envy. Signs of envy include not being happy for others when they achieve success, another person's success making you feel unhappy, feeling the need to diminish someone else ...[text shortened]... g others negatively, and being happy when others face setbacks.

Envy is another sign of jealousy.
"Feeling unhappy when others achieve success"?

Here on this forum?

In 'real life', I am self-employed, I don't get to measure the success of others, nor is there anyone to measure mine.

In my social life - among my friends - I cannot think of any jealousies that are in play. Social interaction doesn't seem to stray into areas where deeds might be measured or compared. Money, for example: I cannot remember talking about it with friends here.

Moves
128d

@fmf said
"Feeling unhappy when others achieve success"?

Here on this forum?

In 'real life', I am self-employed, I don't get to measure the success of others, nor is there anyone to measure mine.

In my social life - among my friends - I cannot think of any jealousies that are in play. Social interaction doesn't seem to stray into areas where deeds might be measured or compared. Money, for example: I cannot remember talking about it with friends here.
What makes you think I had you in mind? These are just general discussions on signs.

You should not feel as being the center of attention automatically. I was presenting another example of jealousy to make of it what I wanted, as you suggested. I was confirming what signs constitute jealousy.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
128d

@the-gravedigger said
Ever met a twin?