General Forum

General Forum

1. YNWA
    Moves
    03 Jun '20 21:51
    Just watching T.V. and it occurs to me everybody is getting their hair cut/styled. I do my own with clippers, don't have much anyway. My wife has long hair probably cut every 4 months or so, but what's really been going on out there in the world of people with more complex hair situations??
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '20 22:06
    Right now I look like Kevin Keegan in the 80s.
  3. YNWA
    Moves
    03 Jun '20 22:10
    @trev33 said
    Right now I look like Kevin Keegan in the 80s.
    Make sure Fergie doesn't see you, "I'd love it..."
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Jun '20 22:20
    @petewxyz said
    Make sure Fergie doesn't see you, "I'd love it..."
    Poor Kevin, all the good he did during his career and that's what people remember, it was hilarious though. That Liverpoo 4-3 match is still probably the best PL game ever.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    03 Jun '20 22:40
    i haven't cut my hair for about four years

thanks for reminding me
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 00:23
    My daughter is a hair stylist. She says:

“I can fix your box dye job”

“Be safe”

“Whatever you do, don’t cut your own bangs”
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 06:42
    @hakima said
    My daughter is a hair stylist. She says:

“I can fix your box dye job”

“Be safe”

“Whatever you do, don’t cut your own bangs”
    I go to the hairdresser, and the dentist too, both appointments next week. They take great care in keeping their customers and themselves safe.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 06:552 edits
    @petewxyz said
    Just watching T.V. and it occurs to me everybody is getting their hair cut/styled. I do my own with clippers, don't have much anyway. My wife has long hair probably cut every 4 months or so, but what's really been going on out there in the world of people with more complex hair situations??
    Pete, in case I croak this summer I would like to say that I appreciate your literacy, sense of humor, and kindness. I also trim my hair with the clippers. This spring I intended to grow my hair out, but when it came time for a trim it became apparent that a second person would do a better job of it, so I just used the clippers again, with a one-inch attachment.

(You can read that in David Lynch's voice if you like [because that's who I heard as I wrote it], but I am not him, and I wrote it sincerely.)
  9. YNWA
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 08:09
    @caesar-salad said
    Pete, in case I croak this summer I would like to say that I appreciate your literacy, sense of humor, and kindness. I also trim my hair with the clippers. This spring I intended to grow my hair out, but when it came time for a trim it became apparent that a second person would do a better job of it, so I just used the clippers again, with a one-inch attachment.

(You ...[text shortened]... if you like [because that's who I heard as I wrote it], but I am not him, and I wrote it sincerely.)
    Thank you for these kind words. Great words in 'Will to Lose' by The Bevis Frond in the other thread too. Excellent, thank you.
  10. Bolton
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 08:28
    There is no shame in clipping off your nut. I'm growing a beard & it's coming along beautifully🚬
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 08:34
    @hells-caretaker said
    There is no shame in clipping off your nut. I'm growing a beard & it's coming along beautifully🚬
    I only trimmed me bonce, if I do not misunderstand the term.
  12. YNWA
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 09:01
    @torunn said
    I go to the hairdresser, and the dentist too, both appointments next week. They take great care in keeping their customers and themselves safe.
    I have a young and enthusiastic dentist who sets the bar very high and takes a dim view of less than pristine teeth. Having been left in charge of my own mouth for some 9 months now I am a little scared to go back.

She is the only dentist I have known who pauses and takes the kit out of your mouth if she says something she feels you really ought to get to answer for yourself. I haven't decided whether that means she is less into the power and control than most dentists are whether it is a subtle demonstration of who is in charge.
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 09:37
    @Hells-Caretaker

Now that our nuts and bonces are trimmed, let's invite the aliens round for drinks. 😉
  14. Bolton
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 10:00
    @petewxyz
    Ear plugs, shut your eyes & open up🚬 Oh, don't forget to gag...
  15. YNWA
    Moves
    04 Jun '20 10:091 edit
    @hells-caretaker said
    @petewxyz
    Ear plugs, shut your eyes & open up🚬 Oh, don't forget to gag...
    Special glasses now, but I think that's just to heighten the feeling of isolation. Maybe floatation tank inspired?

Are the swirly patterns built into the glasses or is that just the anaesthetics?