1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 10:24
    We've just had our hottest year on record - 2019. It replaced the hottest-year record set in 2018. Once means nothing, two could be coincidence. We've already had new hottest-ever months in January an February. Are you sure there couldn't possibly be a trend emerging?
    It's not only warming, there's a large increase in "adverse weather effects" here and around the world. It's not just wider reporting either. Open your eyes.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 10:36
    @executioner-brand said
    And you're are the one calling people names.
    I have not called anyone names on this thread.
  3. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 10:38
    @kewpie said
    We've just had our hottest year on record - 2019. It replaced the hottest-year record set in 2018. Once means nothing, two could be coincidence. We've already had new hottest-ever months in January an February. Are you sure there couldn't possibly be a trend emerging?
    It's not only warming, there's a large increase in "adverse weather effects" here and around the world. It's not just wider reporting either. Open your eyes.
    So why is there no heatwave next door in NZ?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 10:38
    @executioner-brand said
    I claimed it was haarp. Did you miss that.
    I did not reply to that post.

I replied to your post that there were no fires in NZ which we both agree is UNTRUE.

And your incredulity at snow in Iraq which has ski resorts.

Did you miss that?
  5. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 10:443 edits
    @wolfgang59 said
    I did not reply to that post.

I replied to your post that there were no fires in NZ which we both agree is UNTRUE.

And your incredulity at snow in Iraq which has ski resorts.

Did you miss that?
    This is what you are comparing.

11,000,000 hectares compared to 16 hectares.

16 × 100 ÷ 11000000 =
    0.00014545454percent (~0)

It has snowed twice in Baghdad in over 100 years... both times were after the Iraq war started. The ski resorts you keep talking about are in northern Iraq in mountainous areas, not Baghdad(which is the snowing video I posted).
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:00
    @executioner-brand said
    NZ has different climatic influences, because it's mainly exposed to the Pacific Ocean. Australia's climate influences are mainly Indian Ocean. Our current extreme weather events followed on a failure of the monsoon in India.
    If you seriously wish to understand climatic patterns, I suggest you do some research at places like Meteorological Departments in the relevant countries.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:16
    @executioner-brand said
    Next door?

The centre of Oz to the centre of NZ is over 4,000 km.
    Canada to Mexico is 3600 km.
  8. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:191 edit
    The shortest distance from New Zealand territory to Australian territory is from Auckland Island to Macquarie Island - a distance of approximately 617 kilometres (383 mi).

Baghdad to Kurdistan 411.8 km

Australia is approximately 3860 kilometres long from its most northerly point to its most southerly point in Tasmania, and is almost 4000 kilometres wide, from east to west.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:21
    @petewxyz said
    Breaks my heart. Little moment of hope yesterday when an old friend visited in their new electric car. I think there is increasing realisation things are getting serious. The repeated storms and floods in the UK and the Australian fires have been horrendous for all involved, but they do seem to have opened a number of people's eyes.
    Can the state tax us enough to save the planet?

LMAO!!
  10. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:30
    @whodey said
    Can the state tax us enough to save the planet?

LMAO!!
    Seems to me the human race survives by taking a look over the edge and then realising not to go further. It takes a Cuban missile crisis before the realisation that nobody wins a nuclear war becomes mainstream. Not sure we've had our Climate Cuban Missile Crisis quite yet but I hate to think what its gonna look like!
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:35
    @executioner-brand said
    The shortest distance from New Zealand territory to Australian territory is from Auckland Island to Macquarie Island - a distance of approximately 617 kilometres (383 mi).
    You really are clutching at straws now.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 11:37
    @executioner-brand said
    The shortest distance from New Zealand territory to Australian territory is from Auckland Island to Macquarie Island
    Australia s southerly point in Tasmania,
    BTW
    You cite Tasmania as Australia's most southerly point.

And in the same post talk about Macquarie Island.

Do you have a fukkin clue?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 12:541 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    I have not called anyone names on this thread.
    I don’t think you realise when you’re doing it.
    Sorry to butt in.

PS I’m with you on the topic btw.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 14:30
    @petewxyz said
    Seems to me the human race survives by taking a look over the edge and then realising not to go further. It takes a Cuban missile crisis before the realisation that nobody wins a nuclear war becomes mainstream. Not sure we've had our Climate Cuban Missile Crisis quite yet but I hate to think what its gonna look like!
    How high to taxes have to go before we are saved?
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    21 Feb '20 14:43
    @whodey said
    How high to taxes have to go before we are saved?
    Sticking taxes on air flight would certainly make a big difference. As important as it is for people to fly to Ibiza for a week in the sun drinking...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree