Stay on a Topic

Stay on a Topic

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

Peace in the world. How long can you people stay on this topic before it changes? I am betting it will not get past first page, perhaps even first post! 😉

-VR

Moves
17 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
Peace in the world. How long can you people stay on this topic before it changes? I am betting it will not get past first page, perhaps even first post! 😉

-VR
If peace in the world is the object of this post then I’d say that this thread will be around a loooooong time.

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Jun 20

@great-big-stees said
If peace in the world is the object of this post then I’d say that this thread will be around a loooooong time.
I would say it won't stay on page one unless somebody goes off-topic. 🙂

Moves
17 Jun 20

@torunn said
I would say it won't stay on page one unless somebody goes off-topic. 🙂
Why would they do that? 😉

SRB

Moves
17 Jun 20

What about 'stay on topic' as a concept. Is it the function of a thread on a social site to stay on topic or is it to provide a vehicle for social interaction which is by it's nature meandering? You should stay on topic in a debate, but why have a debates forum if you want all the other forums to be the same. Sometimes people's random and witty tangents are what make a thread enjoyable. So why stay on topic if it is not a debate and there is no task or game to be completed? Why make rules that stifle creative posting?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@trev33 said
Why would they do that? 😉
Peace to you my brother from another Mother! 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
17 Jun 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
What about 'stay on topic' as a concept. Is it the function of a thread on a social site to stay on topic or is it to provide a vehicle for social interaction which is by it's nature meandering? You should stay on topic in a debate, but why have a debates forum if you want all the other forums to be the same. Sometimes people's random and witty tangents are what make a threa ...[text shortened]... a debate and there is no task or game to be completed? Why make rules that stifle creative posting?
Agree! Sometimes the topic is very interesting and you want it to go a bit further with the help of new posters. But, as you say, it's an open forum and we are all welcome to contribute.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
What about 'stay on topic' as a concept. Is it the function of a thread on a social site to stay on topic or is it to provide a vehicle for social interaction which is by it's nature meandering? You should stay on topic in a debate, but why have a debates forum if you want all the other forums to be the same. Sometimes people's random and witty tangents are what make a threa ...[text shortened]... a debate and there is no task or game to be completed? Why make rules that stifle creative posting?
There you go, point I was making!

There are really no rules to stay on Topic, people just expect everyone to stay on the said topic/title of the post.

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
17 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
There you go, point I was making!

There are really no rules to stay on Topic, people just expect everyone to stay on the said topic/title of the post.
Was world peace the announced theme of this thread?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Was world peace the announced theme of this thread?
It was used to make a point Andy that no thread stays on topic, thanks for helping! 😉

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
17 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
It was used to make a point Andy that no thread stays on topic, thanks for helping!
Is that a "yes" or a "no"?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@handyandy said
Is that a "yes" or a "no"?
I proved my point didn't I Andy! 😛 😉

-VR

Read a book!

Moves
17 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
I proved my point didn't I Andy!
What was your point?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Jun 20

@handyandy said
What was your point?
What were we talking about anyways? 😉 😛

-VR

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jun 20

@very-rusty said
I proved my point didn't I Andy! 😛 😉

-VR
Most threads in this forum go off topic for ONE reason.

To accommodate your monstrous ego.