1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 13:22
    @very-rusty said
    I know what his real name was and it wasn't Gambrel, he can refer to himself by what ever name he wishes, I know what it is!!! You do understand people use fictional names on here of course.

-VR
    I know what his real name is from previous conversations. I think Gambrel may be an account he is using now.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 13:251 edit
    @torunn said
    I only knew him as Chess Praxis, a witty, clever man. He joined the FOC club when I had just been introduced there. Those were fun days, Kewpie!
    We've lost touch with a few of those good guys, and it's a thing about online relationships that you don't always get to find out if they've died, left the site, or just started using a different username. Both you and I are reincarnations who stuck around.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 13:42
    @kewpie said
    We've lost touch with a few of those good guys, and it's a thing about online relationships that you don't always get to find out if they've died, left the site, or just started using a different username. Both you and I are reincarnations who stuck around.
    Those were good days.
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 13:57
    @kewpie said
    I have been GBS for, almost, 16.5 years now. 🤔
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 14:15
    @great-big-stees said
    I have been GBS for, almost, 16.5 years now. 🤔
    I've always stuck to Very Rusty, I could have changed it but would have lost the stats I had worked so hard to acquire so passed on that one. I guess that makes 14 years for me.

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 14:43
    @very-rusty said
    I've always stuck to Very Rusty, I could have changed it but would have lost the stats I had worked so hard to acquire so passed on that one. I guess that makes 14 years for me.

-VR
    Maybe I should try changing my name, rather than sticking with GBS so as to abandon my stats. 🤔
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 14:52
    @great-big-stees said
    Maybe I should try changing my name, rather than sticking with GBS so as to abandon my stats. 🤔
    Only if you are concerned about them, which I don't think you really are if we want to stick to being honest about it. Do you think they would improve from where they are?

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 18:31
    @very-rusty said
    Only if you are concerned about them, which I don't think you really are if we want to stick to being honest about it. Do you think they would improve from where they are?

-VR
    🤔 Nope, but hey, I could change my MO and stick it to some folks...nah, that’s just not me.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 18:53
    @great-big-stees said
    🤔 Nope, but hey, I could change my MO and stick it to some folks...nah, that’s just not me.
    Just be yourself and have a good time, and all is well.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 21:141 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Nah, you're just too nice a guy to that, although you have stuck it to me here and there along way.....You try too hard to stay in with everyone at the same time in my humble opinion.

-VR
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 01:06
    @very-rusty said
    Nah, you're just too nice a guy to that, although you have stuck it to me here and there along way.....You try too hard to stay in with everyone at the same time in my humble opinion.

-VR
    We need to have a mixture of people, no type should have a monopoly. I think Stees should stick to his present practice of being nice to everyone.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 07:041 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    For Stees I think it would take a lot of energy to quarrel and dispute with people, and I speak for myself too. That energy is useful when dealing with real problems that may need attention.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 12:16
    @torunn said
    For Stees I think it would take a lot of energy to quarrel and dispute with people, and I speak for myself too. That energy is useful when dealing with real problems that may need attention.
    I'm going to stick with who I am and be nice to everyone. My first recollection of my inclusiveness was back in grade school. Our class got a new student (if you can believe it I still, to this day, remember his name, though the spelling is likely not right). His name was Osama el Karmoudy. His father was attached to the Egyptian Consulate in Montreal and he arrived wearing what must have been traditional Egyptian "garb". The other kids made fun of this making him feel very much out of place. I, made friends with him and he said that he really appreciated my friendship. From that day on I seemed to have made an unconscious decision to befriend the "different". As a result my list of friends is...well as one of them said recently, eclectic.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 12:241 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I'm going to stick with who I am and be nice to everyone. My first recollection of my inclusiveness was back in grade school. Our class got a new student (if you can believe it I still, to this day, remember his name, though the spelling is likely not right). His name was Osama el Karmoudy. His father was attached to the Egyptian Consulate in Montreal and he arrived w ...[text shortened]... nd the "different". As a result my list of friends is...well as one of them said recently, eclectic.
    Stick to that, I help those being picked on out in the real world to this day. It also gives you a feeling of doing something for somone. I've had kids from school I didn't even recognize anymore come up to me and thank me for helping them when they were being picked on by a group of other kids. Of course I had long forgotten it. People don't forget when you've done something nice for them EVER!!! Just the way I was brought up, we helped each other out back in those days.

-VR
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 12:26
    @great-big-stees said
    I'm going to stick with who I am and be nice to everyone. My first recollection of my inclusiveness was back in grade school. Our class got a new student (if you can believe it I still, to this day, remember his name, though the spelling is likely not right). His name was Osama el Karmoudy. His father was attached to the Egyptian Consulate in Montreal and he arrived w ...[text shortened]... nd the "different". As a result my list of friends is...well as one of them said recently, eclectic.
    Everyone's a potential friend until they show you otherwise. As you stick to your philosophy I am sure you notice the people who have shown you otherwise or are you super forgiving of whatever they do?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree