Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia

Moves
14 Aug 20

Dip the thread in honey, then weave it through your hair - sticky!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Aug 20

@kewpie said
Dip the thread in honey, then weave it through your hair - sticky!
I may stick my posts just in the STG for a while. 😉

-VR

Moves
14 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
Name me ONE! 😉

-VR
Well, sticking on my thinking cap, the first to come to mind is Eddy Shack. 🤔 😲 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Aug 20
2 edits

@great-big-stees said
Well, sticking on my thinking cap, the first to come to mind is Eddy Shack. 🤔 😲 😉
There are subtle hockey players VR.

You are going to stick with Eddy Shack, there was absolutely nothing subtle about him. Remember the song "Clear the Track here comes Shack"? In what way did you find him subtle.....LOL....That is a funny one Stees!!!!

He was a great guy in person though, just so long as you didn't get on the wrong side of him! 😉

-VR

Moves
15 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
There are subtle hockey players VR.

You are going to stick with Eddy Shack, there was absolutely nothing subtle about him. Remember the song "Clear the Track here comes Shack"? In what way did you find him subtle.....LOL....That is a funny one Stees!!!!

He was a great guy in person though, just so long as you didn't get on the wrong side of him! 😉

-VR
He was subtly unsubtle. A very difficult thing to achieve, but stick a beer in front of him and he was anything but subtle. 😲

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Aug 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
He was subtly unsubtle. A very difficult thing to achieve, but stick a beer in front of him and he was anything but subtle. 😲
Lets stick to the hockey playing. They didn't make that song up clear the track here comes Shack because he didn't go around players he went through them! 😉 Nice guy off of the ice though, and I don't think he was too bad with a few drinks in him, ever sit and have a beer with him?

-VR

Moves
15 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
Lets stick to the hockey playing. They didn't make that song up clear the track here comes Shack because he didn't go around players he went through them! 😉 Nice guy off of the ice though, and I don't think he was too bad with a few drinks in him, ever sit and have a beer with him?

-VR
Nope, but I knew a couple of guys who did and they say he was a fun guy to stick around with.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Aug 20

@great-big-stees said
Nope, but I knew a couple of guys who did and they say he was a fun guy to stick around with.
Yup just not a lot of fun to play against! Tough as nails too!

-VR

Moves
16 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
Yup just not a lot of fun to play against! Tough as nails too!

-VR
I once, by accident, stuck a nail in my foot. Talk about tough. 😲

Australia

Moves
16 Aug 20
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
I once, by accident, stuck a nail in my foot. Talk about tough. 😲
I was working in an engineering office right next to a CNC steel drilling machine when its operator touched the wrong pedal and drilled straight through his hand with a half-inch bit. A week later he was back at work with full use of his hand. How he managed to stick it through without touching a single nerve, tendon or bone is completely beyond me.

Moves
16 Aug 20

@kewpie said
I was working in an engineering office right next to a CNC steel drilling machine when its operator touched the wrong pedal and drilled straight through his hand with a half-inch bit. A week later he was back at work with full use of his hand. How he managed to stick it through without touching a single nerve, tendon or bone is completely beyond me.
I hope he stuck some money on a "long shot" at the horse races. 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Aug 20

@kewpie said
I am going to stick with the possibility that someone from the spirit world was watching over him. 😉

-VR

Moves
17 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
I am going to stick with the possibility that someone from the spirit world was watching over him. 😉

-VR
"Spirit World" can be a sticky subject, to some...kinda like religion and politics. 😏

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
17 Aug 20

@great-big-stees said
"Spirit World" can be a sticky subject, to some...kinda like religion and politics. 😏
Agreed those conversations can get sticky. How would you explain he missed getting anything vital hit? "lucky"!

-VR

Moves
19 Aug 20

@very-rusty said
Agreed those conversations can get sticky. How would you explain he missed getting anything vital hit? "lucky"!

-VR
He obviously was a master driller and knew that if and when something like that happened he'd know exactly where not to drill, so I'll stick with skilled, not lucky.