1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 15:321 edit
    @kewpie said
    This is why thumbs are pointless. They don't reflect the content, they only show that you have a stalker. I wish we'd stuck with recommendations instead of kowtowing to bluidy facebook.
    Kewpie I agree with you about thumbs as it just becomes a popularity contest in my opinion. Look at how your harmless thread turned into an insult flinging contest. You probably noticed I didn't even participate in the thread, as was suggested my one of my Clanmates, who was right on the money.

If you haven't noticed if you're not with the little group or say anything to disagree with them then you are insulted at every chance they get. Personally I don't care, but new people on here figure I better get with that group and say something nasty about Very Rusty. What kind of an example is that to be setting for new people who are possible paying subscribers. I believe some would leave and not bother joining this Site because of that.

-VR
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:10
    @very-rusty said
    Kewpie I agree with you about thumbs as it just becomes a popularity contest in my opinion. Look at how your harmless thread turned into an insult flinging contest. You probably noticed I didn't even participate in the thread, as was suggested my one of my Clanmates, who was right on the money.

If you haven't noticed if you're not with the little group or say anything ...[text shortened]... ing subscribers. I believe some would leave and not bother joining this Site because of that.

-VR
    I think people may play for a long time here without ever visiting the forums. I didn't even know what forums were until after some time, and then I took a while before I dared to contribute.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:171 edit
    @torunn said
    I think people may play for a long time here without ever visiting the forums. I didn't even know what forums were until after some time, and then I took a while before I dared to contribute.
    You almost proved my point actually torunn as you were concerned about sticking in a comment as to what would be said. What if you hadn't been a paying subscriber?

You had to get a feel for how everything was going what was being said and to whom. On the other hand I believe the reason people don't come into the forums is for the very reason you mentioned.

I also believe this could turn people away from being Paying Subscribers to the site. Remember the non-sub-scum thing that we use to say that is not permitted anymore. Perhaps goad was correct and that was the reason some didn't join.

Kind of like when you start a new job, got to get the feel of the place and see who you should get along with. I think it has the same affect on people who come to this site.

-VR
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:21
    @very-rusty said
    You almost proved my point actually torunn as you were concerned about sticking in a comment as to what would be said.
    You had to get a feel for how everything was going what was being said and to whom. On the other hand I believe the reason people don't come into the forums is for the very reason you mentioned.
    I also believe this could turn people away from being Pay ...[text shortened]... ho you should get along with. I think it has the same affect on people who come to this site.

-VR
    The non-sub scum thing was particularly repellant. Good to hear you have regrets about that.

Stick to being friendly.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:28
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The non-sub scum thing was particularly repellant. Good to hear you have regrets about that.

Stick to being friendly.
    I didn't say I had regrets about that goad you did. I said it is possible it could have chased people away from the site and made them feel unwelcome.

I do unto others as they do unto me, sometimes I do unto others before they do unto me! 😉 I believe I will stick to that, it does make things interesting at times, if only people didn't go over the line and get their posts removed, sometimes the whole thread! You did note of course I didn't participate in that thread. By the time I got to it many alerts were already up. Not my fault people crossed the line on a harmless thread kewpie started which she said didn't think it would go the way it did.

-VR
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:30
    @very-rusty said
    You almost proved my point actually torunn as you were concerned about sticking in a comment as to what would be said. What if you hadn't been a paying subscriber?

I also b ...[text shortened]... ho you should get along with. I think it has the same affect on people who come to this site.

-VR
    The only reason I follow this forum is because I have come to know who the posters are a bit - not in real life of course but as characters here. I believe I started in our club forum, helped by Kewpie.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:33
    @very-rusty said
    I didn't say I had regrets about that goad you did. I said it is possible it could have chased people away from the site and made them feel unwelcome.

I do unto others as they do unto me, sometimes I do unto others before they do unto me! 😉 I believe I will stick to that, it does make things interesting at times, if only people didn't go over the line and get their po ...[text shortened]... on a harmless thread kewpie started which she said didn't think it would go the way it did.

-VR
    Well, for my first couple of years on the site you repeatedly called me scum. If you have no regrets about that, fine.

And 'yes', it was unwelcoming, and 'yes' it was over the line, and 'yes' I would probably be kinder to you now if you hadn't done that.

Still, let's stick to the future.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:381 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Well, for my first couple of years on the site you repeatedly called me scum. If you have no regrets about that, fine.

And 'yes', it was unwelcoming, and 'yes' it was over the line, and 'yes' I would probably be kinder to you now if you hadn't done that.

Still, let's stick to the future.
    Wow......goad graces us with two appearances in one day! That has to be a record. Visit more often goad you're always welcome.

As I explained to you back some time ago it was something everyone said non-sub-scum to new members not just me and was actually started by one of the Moderators of that era. Thought to be funny back in that time. It wore itself out long ago.

It is not important to me if you are kind to me or not, what is done is done. I am certainly willing to move on if you are. If you try sticking it to me though I will have to return the favour! 😉

-VR
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:42
    @torunn said
    The only reason I follow this forum is because I have come to know who the posters are a bit - not in real life of course but as characters here. I believe I started in our club forum, helped by Kewpie.
    I stick drawings of forum regulars on my fridge to remember who they are.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 18:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I stick drawings of forum regulars on my fridge to remember who they are.
    Wow yet a 3rd appearance in the same day aren't we fortunate!

Now, you do know I am joking around with you and not serious.

The stick drawing would be all in your imagination goad as you certainly don't have any idea what I look like, so far you been so far off the mark it really makes me laugh which is a good thing!

Part of the reason for the "Silly goad"! 😉

-VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 19:551 edit
    @torunn said
    Sorry I missed this before bantering with goad! Kewpie is always very helpful to new people on the site. The thread she stuck in wasn't suppose to go the way it went. She didn't realize for some reason that it would go that way. It was obvious to me when I read the first post how it would go, and most likely get removed when I saw all the alerts. The thing is she meant no malice toward me.

-VR
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 23:321 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Sorry I missed this before bantering with goad! Kewpie is always very helpful to new people on the site. The thread she stuck in wasn't suppose to go the way it went. She didn't realize for some reason that it would go that way. It was obvious to me when I read the first post how it would go, and most likely get removed when I saw all the alerts. The thing is she meant no malice toward me.

-VR
    I have no malice towards anyone, until someone shows malice toward me. Then I mentally label them as someone I wouldn't want to know, and ignore them thereafter. I don't try to change their attitude because that just screws up the thread.

Having said that, I enjoy banter threads which exist for no other purpose, so long as they don't become too repetitive. Example: deliberately misspelling a username, once is clever, two is ok, three is boring, four or more is just irritation.

I've stuck around these forums for a long time, and seen some pretty nasty characters come and go. But I've also made a number of good new friends.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Aug '20 23:461 edit
    @kewpie said
    I have no malice towards anyone, until someone shows malice toward me. Then I mentally label them as someone I wouldn't want to know, and ignore them thereafter. I don't try to change their attitude because that just screws up the thread.

Having said that, I enjoy banter threads which exist for no other purpose, so long as they don't become too repetitive. Example: deli ...[text shortened]... and seen some pretty nasty characters come and go. But I've also made a number of good new friends.
    I stick to not putting a label on anyone even if it may seem like I did in a post. I mean really how can we label a perfect stranger ok even an imperfect stranger we've never met?

I only have one poster on ignore on this entire site and that is only because they would send me a nasty P.M. then when I went to answer it found I was put on ignore, so courage to send the P.M. but no courage to take the feedback from it. One only does that to me one time.

I've been in a lot of banter sessions on here and some have stuck it to me and I have stuck it to some, it all evens out in the end. What I've found is take what is said to you with a grain a salt as they say. Would that person tell you the same thing to your face.
    The odds are pretty good only a few would.

I've been known to irritate probably why you had me on the ignore and forgot about as it was years ago. We may have been bantering back in forth in the P.M.'s, I really don't know your reason and it really doesn't matter. I rarely if ever hold anything against anyone.

I know back years ago we use to have some pretty long P.M. sessions. I think I know you as well as someone can without ever having met them. You can be a kind warm hearted helpful person when you want to be. You always are kind and helpful to new comers on the site. I really don't have anything bad to say about you.

Can I get under someone's skin? You bet I can and have!

-VR
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 07:421 edit
    @very-rusty said

I only have one poster on ignore on this entire site and that is only because they would send me a nasty P.M. then when I went to answer it found I was put on ignore, so courage to send the P.M. but no courage to take the feedback from it. One only does that to me one time.
    That is blatantly untrue. I 'replied' bluntly to an unwanted and unpleasant message from yourself and then put you on ignore. I would do exactly the same thing again.

I'm sticking you back on the GB away script. Laters.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 11:471 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That is blatantly untrue. I 'replied' bluntly to an unwanted and unpleasant message from yourself and then put you on ignore. I would do exactly the same thing again.

I'm sticking you back on the GB away script. Laters.
    Thank you for sticking to your guns and admitting to being the one who sent me the nasty post. Mine was quite nice compared to yours. I didn't even say who the poster was you did that your self.

In 14 years you are the only one I have on ignore, because you like to send a nasty message then put the person on ignore because you can't handle what the reply might be.

You stick me on the GBaway script as if you ever had me off my ignore list of one either....I'll not be taking you off it in the near future. Thanks for showing your nasty side to everyone so they can see the TRUE GOAD COLOURS!!! 🙂

Have A Great Day, Sunshine!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree