Seriously threatens unstickiness
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 May '19 17:52
    @great-big-stees said
    What? VR stuck on some issue? No way José . He must be pulling our legs. 😲
    It can be a very sticky situation, could go either way. It would of course depend on circumstances I would assume. 😉

-VR
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 May '19 18:02
    @very-rusty said
    It can be a very sticky situation, could go either way. It would of course depend on circumstances I would assume. 😉

-VR
    Either way? No, stick to it, one way or the other.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 May '19 18:30
    @billyray said
    Either way? No, stick to it, one way or the other.
    Impossible to stick to something that could go two ways, looking at it one way!!! 😉

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 May '19 18:32
    I have heard and read about strange situations following divorcing in US - a man can be stuck with an allemony for many years, actually until his former wife marries again. If she doesn't, she may enter a new relationship without marrying and keep the money she receives on a regular basis from her ex-husband. That is why I asked.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 May '19 18:45
    @torunn said
    I have heard and read about strange situations following divorcing in US - a man can be stuck with an allemony for many years, actually until his former wife marries again. If she doesn't, she may enter a new relationship without marrying and keep the money she receives on a regular basis from her ex-husband. That is why I asked.
    Yes, I've heard of that type of thing happening here too. Also the man having to pay for a babysitter long after the child doesn't need a babysitter anymore. In one case the child actually took a course for looking after younger children and the mother was still getting money from the husband for the child. Lots of sticky things happen, only way to fix it is back to court and lawyers get more money.

-VR
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    23 May '19 18:50
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, I've heard of that type of thing happening here too. Also the man having to pay for a babysitter long after the child doesn't need a babysitter anymore. In one case the child actually took a course for looking after younger children and the mother was still getting money from the husband for the child. Lots of sticky things happen, only way to fix it is back to court and lawyers get more money.

-VR
    We don't seem to have the same legal procedure with divorces here. I don't know any among my friends or acquaintances having to consult a lawyer for that purpose and being stuck in a long legal process. We separate pretty easily here.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 May '19 19:44
    @torunn said
    We don't seem to have the same legal procedure with divorces here. I don't know any among my friends or acquaintances having to consult a lawyer for that purpose and being stuck in a long legal process. We separate pretty easily here.
    It even gets more sticky, the laws can vary from province to province here.

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 May '19 12:02
    @very-rusty said
    It even gets more sticky, the laws can vary from province to province here.

-VR
    That's probably why some Canadians, who try and shirk their legal obligations, don't stick in the same province in which they were divorced hoping that the authorities won't find them. 😲
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 May '19 15:142 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    That's probably why some Canadians, who try and shirk their legal obligations, don't stick in the same province in which they were divorced hoping that the authorities won't find them. 😲
    Yup, I know a woman who had to pay support in Nova Scotia and took off to BC, they couldn't do anything about it be cause she was in a different province. I suppose men could do the same thing, unless that law has since been changed.
    Sticky from one province to the other for sure.

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 May '19 13:17
    @very-rusty said
    Yup, I know a woman who had to pay support in Nova Scotia and took off to BC, they couldn't do anything about it be cause she was in a different province. I suppose men could do the same thing, unless that law has since been changed.
    Sticky from one province to the other for sure.

-VR
    In my life, here in Canada, I have stuck to two provinces (as places to live). One next to the other.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 May '19 14:50
    @great-big-stees said
    In my life, here in Canada, I have stuck to two provinces (as places to live). One next to the other.
    I've stuck to one province to live in, but have done some travelling. I am not much into travelling though. It is ok for a week or two but then I got get back home!!! 😉

-VR
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 May '19 21:44
    @Very-Rusty
    I feel the same. I prefer to be in my own home and spend the nights in my own bed. When I travel, it is usually not for more than a week - happy to go away, happy to come home. I stick to habits pretty much.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 May '19 21:55
    @torunn said
    @Very-Rusty
    I feel the same. I prefer to be in my own home and spend the nights in my own bed. When I travel, it is usually not for more than a week - happy to go away, happy to come home. I stick to habits pretty much.
    Sound like we are alike in that way. Longest period of time I've stuck it out on a trip was 2 weeks!

-VR
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 May '19 11:20
    @very-rusty said
    Sound like we are alike in that way. Longest period of time I've stuck it out on a trip was 2 weeks!

-VR
    On my travels through Europe, back in the mid 60s, I got stuck (ran out of money) in Belgium and had to get my parents to sell some of my meager assets and wire the money to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree