1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 16:47
    Well I'd like to take the time to stick this one in. Merry Christmas to all including those who don't really celebrate it, have happy Holidays. All the best to everyone in 2020!!!

-VR
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 18:56
    @very-rusty said
    Well I'd like to take the time to stick this one in. Merry Christmas to all including those who don't really celebrate it, have happy Holidays. All the best to everyone in 2020!!!

-VR
    Thank you VR. We will have a good new year, I'm sure. Just stick around.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 13:40
    @torunn said
    Thank you VR. We will have a good new year, I'm sure. Just stick around.
    I got stuck with a bunch of get-togethers but I'm back.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 14:41
    I'm making a sticky New Year's resolution to be patient and stop obsessively leaping into action prematurely and thus not thinking things through to their full consequences which should have a positive secondary benefit of attenuating my tendency to over do while erring as a result.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 15:021 edit
    @coquette said
    I'm making a sticky New Year's resolution to be patient and stop obsessively leaping into action prematurely and thus not thinking things through to their full consequences which should have a positive secondary benefit of attenuating my tendency to over do while erring as a result.
    I play on 3 different chess sites as many of you know by now. Having too many games going at the same time can be a sticky situation at times, making one move faster in each game than you would under other circumstances. I've found you have to find a good number for you that you can play well in all of them...It has taken me years and I still don't know if I have the correct amount, still making the same fast silly(bad) moves. It is a difficult habit to break. I do much better in over the board games. You have already accomplished what few have managed to do on this site. Feel good about what you've done! I've seen you develope and get better over the years.

-VR
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 15:10
    @coquette said
    Sounds like a tall order but hey....stick to your guns.
  7. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 15:14
    @very-rusty said
    I play on 3 different chess sites as many of you know by now. Having too many games going at the same time can be a sticky situation at times, making one move faster in each game than you would under other circumstances. I've found you have to find a good number for you that you can play well in all of them...It has taken me years and I still don't know if I have the corre ...[text shortened]... site. Feel good about what you've done! I've seen you develope and get better over the years.

-VR
    As I see it, the number of games in progress must be in proportion to the time I have available. Overthinking is not good either. I think I should stick to a maximum of ten games.
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 15:18
    @torunn said
    As I see it, the number of games in progress must be in proportion to the time I have available. Overthinking is not good either. I think I should stick to a maximum of ten games.
    I notice when I stick in a certain number regarding the most games I'm willing to play someone else offers a game and I just can't say no.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 15:30
    @great-big-stees said
    I notice when I stick in a certain number regarding the most games I'm willing to play someone else offers a game and I just can't say no.
    If you play friendly games, a loss may not matter. But when you play clan games you should do your best to win and if you are challenged in a game, say 1/3, I would say no. I need time to at least try.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 15:31
    @great-big-stees said
    With me it is completely different I am talking clan/team challenges which makes it more sticky, I certainly can't say no too...I can of course cut down on my torunament and one on one games. Agreed, it is hard to say no!

-VR
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 13:15
    @very-rusty said
    With me it is completely different I am talking clan/team challenges which makes it more sticky, I certainly can't say no too...I can of course cut down on my torunament and one on one games. Agreed, it is hard to say no!

-VR
    I have stuck a limit number concerning my games. Let's see if that helps. 🤔
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 14:421 edit
    @torunn said
    If you play friendly games, a loss may not matter. But when you play clan games you should do your best to win and if you are challenged in a game, say 1/3, I would say no. I need time to at least try.
    Friendly or rated a loss shouldn't matter so long as you've learned something from your mistake. Trouble is I keep making the same mistakes over and over! 😉 I seem to have an issue sticking to one plan in a game, and still taking on too many.

-VR
  13. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 15:401 edit
    I never make mustakes

oops, had to stick a edit in there
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 15:49
    @billyray said
    I never make mustakes

oops, had to stick a edit in there
    LOL....I am sure you meant to spell 'mistakes' 'mustakes for the humour value! 😉

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 17:06
    @very-rusty said
    Friendly or rated a loss shouldn't matter so long as you've learned something from your mistake. Trouble is I keep making the same mistakes over and over! 😉 I seem to have an issue sticking to one plan in a game, and still taking on too many.

-VR
    To start with, I think Stees should claim wins in timeout games - it's not unsportsmanlike or unfriendly, it's part of the game. Unless of course your opponent has asked for your permission to wait. If it doesn't matter if you win or lose, then it's not an interesting game, to me anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree