1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 18:03
    @very-rusty said
    This is turning into my daily walk routine report so may as well stick with it untill I'm as bored with it as the rest of you are. -4C today with windchill factor -11, that north west wind is getting very raw. Going to have to move up to my lined joggers! 😉

-VR
    I bet you look adorable in your short shorts
    pray for the sun and you spindly white legs
    it's still raining hard here
    as soon as I finish my coffee I'll be in it
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 19:23
    Just sticking this in for a poster who doesn't seem to know what joggers are. They are NOT shorts.

What are Joggers? Originally made for exercise, joggers are a traditional style of sports pant. Lightweight and comfortable, joggers have an athletic appearance and taper in at the leg. Most also tend to have an elastic or drawstring waist and elastic at the ankles.

-VR
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 19:28
    @very-rusty said
    Just sticking this in for a poster who doesn't seem to know what joggers are. They are NOT shorts.

What are Joggers? Originally made for exercise, joggers are a traditional style of sports pant. Lightweight and comfortable, joggers have an athletic appearance and taper in at the leg. Most also tend to have an elastic or drawstring waist and elastic at the ankles.

-VR
    So basically they're 'tights.'
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 19:472 edits
    I'll stick this in for the second poster who doesn't quite have the meaning:

Tights are a kind of cloth leg garment, most often sheathing the body from above the waist to the feet with a tight fit, hence the name. Wearing of tights has a history going back several centuries, when they were worn by men.

EDIT: Joggers are Lightweight and comfortable, joggers have an athletic appearance and taper in at the leg. Most also tend to have an elastic or drawstring waist and elastic at the ankles. Tights do not! 😉

-VR
  5. Gothenburg
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 09:52
    @very-rusty said
    I'll stick this in for the second poster who doesn't quite have the meaning:

Tights are a kind of cloth leg garment, most often sheathing the body from above the waist to the feet with a tight fit, hence the name. Wearing of tights has a history going back several centuries, when they were worn by men.

EDIT: Joggers are Lightweight and comfortable, joggers have an a ...[text shortened]... lso tend to have an elastic or drawstring waist and elastic at the ankles. Tights do not! 😉

-VR
    This will stick forever in my mind.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 12:331 edit
    We are at a -8C with windchill factor of -15 this morning. Really going to bundle up for my walk. I am going to dig out all my warmer joggers and stick with them for the rest of the winter except for warmer days.

A note to the previous poster, the picture will soon leave your mind! 😉

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 13:47
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Rather than sticking in "useful" bits of trivia, how 'bout we just make sure this stays at #1?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 13:58
    @great-big-stees said
    Rather than sticking in "useful" bits of trivia, how 'bout we just make sure this stays at #1?
    I like to stick with FACTS gbs not fiction....Joggers are not shorts or tights which two posters assumed obviously knowing nothing about what they were talking about! 😉

-VR
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '19 14:15
    @very-rusty said
    I like to stick with FACTS gbs not fiction....Joggers are not shorts or tights which two posters assumed obviously knowing nothing about what they were talking about! 😉

-VR
    When someone mentions "joggers", running shoes stick in my head.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 Dec '19 15:33
    @great-big-stees said
    When someone mentions "joggers", running shoes stick in my head.
    Time to stick this in for everyone! 😉

1. person who jogs as a form of physical exercise.
    "there are joggers on every road"

2. loose pants made of a stretchy fabric and typically elasticated at the waist and ankles, worn especially for jogging.
    "sporty types in joggers"

-VR
  11. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 22:26
    Sticky buns. Sticky notes. Sticky issues. Sticky game.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 02:36
    @coquette said
    Sticky buns. Sticky notes. Sticky issues. Sticky game.
    Too many sticks, not enough stones.ðŸĪŠ
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 02:41
    @great-big-stees said
    Too many sticks, not enough stones.ðŸĪŠ
    Now we're talkin'. 😉
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 09:12
    @caesar-salad said
    Now we're talkin'. 😉
    Talking wll get us nowhere.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Dec '19 13:02
    @torunn said
    Talking wll get us nowhere.
    As long as we stick to the thread's "Raison d'être", everything should be fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree