General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Jun '13 22:222 edits
    "Sticky Thread Game's 4 Year Anniversary"

    * Original Post: 19 Jul '09 23:26
    "The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail." (Ice Cold)

    * Page One Posters (in chronological order): cashthetrash; Kewpie; rookie54; Traveling Again;
    zozozozo (“Thread Killing Chimp); Silverstriker: First Bump: "bump"; and coquette.

    * Total Posts to Date: 8,138 Eight Thousand, One Hundred and Thirty Eight (on 543 pages)

    * Timeline: July 19, 2009 to June 16, 2013 or 1,262 Days (33 days shy of four years)

    * Average Posts Each Day of STG's Life:
    An Incredible, Sustained Average of 6.45 Posts/Day (8,138/1,262)

    * Two Questions:
    a) What do you think accounts for the continuing appeal of a thread about nothing?
    b) Why hasn't it failed or even faltered from page one during these 1,262 days?

    * An RHP General Forum Thanks to Ice Cold:
    For this casual initiative which has entertained us all. Be Safe. Stay Well. (gb)
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    920415
    16 Jun '13 23:52
    i only posted in STG by mistake. i was confused.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97138
    17 Jun '13 12:54
    OK I was absent from the RHP for what I thought was a couple of days but apparently it was longer by about 3 weeks. ("awhile after July 4th"😉
    Can someone please fill me in on what I've missed...just a brief synopsis of what's been happening so I don't have to spend time looking through all the threads. Tanx.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526108
    04 Jul '13 13:27
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Sticky Thread Game's 4 Year Anniversary"

    * Original Post: 19 Jul '09 23:26
    "The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail." (Ice Cold)

    * Page One Posters (in chronological order): cashthetrash; Kewpie; rookie54; Traveling Again;
    zozozozo (“Thread Killing Chimp); Silverstriker: First Bump: ...[text shortened]... b]
    For this casual initiative which has entertained us all. Be Safe. Stay Well. (gb)[/b]
    anniversary still two weeks away...
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    920415
    04 Jul '13 15:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    anniversary still two weeks away...
    I'm on edge. I can barely wait. I'm making all kinds of plans. Giving away a special treat to some lucky RHP member too!
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    04 Jul '13 22:22
    Originally posted by coquette
    I'm on edge. I can barely wait. I'm making all kinds of plans. Giving away a special treat to some lucky RHP member too!
    Hmm...
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526108
    19 Jul '13 17:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Sticky Thread Game's 4 Year Anniversary"

    * Original Post: 19 Jul '09 23:26
    "The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail." (Ice Cold)

    * Page One Posters (in chronological order): cashthetrash; Kewpie; rookie54; Traveling Again;
    zozozozo (“Thread Killing Chimp); Silverstriker: First Bump: ...[text shortened]... b]
    For this casual initiative which has entertained us all. Be Safe. Stay Well. (gb)[/b]
    6 hours still to go...
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    19 Jul '13 17:50
    Originally posted by coquette

    I'm on edge. I can barely wait. I'm making all kinds of plans. Giving away a special treat to some lucky RHP member too!
    Alert: Anybody heard from or seen coquette?

    Thanks, Sir Ponderable.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    920415
    19 Jul '13 18:461 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Alert: Anybody heard from or seen coquette?

    Thanks, Sir Ponderable.
    Just checked in, I'll be here for it.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97138
    19 Jul '13 19:01
    Originally posted by coquette
    Just checked in, I'll be here for it.
    I brough candles.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    19 Jul '13 20:551 edit
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I brough candles.
    .... I've got wine, few loaves of bread and cheese (Canadian Sharp Cheese, that is, for Thou).
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    19 Jul '13 21:28
    I was gonna say something bright and witty and also amusing, but I don't think it was appropriate for this forum. 😞
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    19 Jul '13 21:332 edits
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

    I was gonna say something bright and witty and also amusing, but I don't think it was appropriate for this forum. 😞
    CP, please post your 'bright and witty and also amusing' stuff over there:

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Sticky_Thread_Game&threadid=116426

    "Giving away a special treat to some lucky RHP member too!" ~coquette

    And, by the way, what will thine own self be bringing for coquette's party this evening?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35774
    20 Jul '13 16:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Sticky Thread Game's 4 Year Anniversary"

    * Original Post: 19 Jul '09 23:26
    "The object is to keep this thread on top of page one. A game destined to fail." (Ice Cold)

    * Page One Posters (in chronological order): cashthetrash; Kewpie; rookie54; Traveling Again;
    zozozozo (“Thread Killing Chimp); Silverstriker: First Bump: ...[text shortened]... b]
    For this casual initiative which has entertained us all. Be Safe. Stay Well. (gb)[/b]
    😞

    (Dammit, Russ! Where's that 'eyeroll' smiley?)

    😞
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    20 Jul '13 18:551 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    😞

    (Dammit, Russ! Where's that 'eyeroll' smiley?)

    😞
    Speaking of internet non verbals,
    "Sticky Thread Game's 4 Year Anniversary" Thumbs score:
    Three (3) Down and One (1) Up.
Back to Top