1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 12:21
    I believe this thead would have done much better in the debates thread. Then people could debate best things to put their money into and when of course timing is always important.

-VR
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 12:44
    @very-rusty said
    I believe this thead would have done much better in the debates thread. Then people could debate best things to put their money into and when of course timing is always important.

-VR
    It seemed to be doing fine just a page ago.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 13:08
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Are you kidding me? That dumpster fire of a forum is about fighting over stuff... Mainly how bad trump is. This thread is a chat, nothing to debate.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 14:05
    @huckleberryhound said
    Would be interesting to know your strategy?

What did you invest in? I'm guessing you couldn't have moved your money around very much back then, the brokerage fees would've been quite high. And, what made you decide which shares to chose?
    my partner at work had been into pennie shares for years and his brother in law was a shrewed investor he gave us a few tips my partner was drip feeding monies monthly but i decided to invest in th same companies but using all the cash i had inherited from my aunt, as i say a grand down i bottled it,but phil continued and he made quite a profit at least 10k, he cashed in his chips about 7 years back,I switched my savings to Isas taking out a new one every year and when their interest rate bombed we maxed out santander paying 3% on 20k twice we also maxed out the premium bonds 50k twice (twice meaning my wife and I)
  5. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 14:17
    I don't see any left-right debates bullstuff in here. Proper investment has its
    debates but it is really not political. What a refreshing change, eh?
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 15:55
    @huckleberryhound said
    Are you kidding me? That dumpster fire of a forum is about fighting over stuff... Mainly how bad trump is. This thread is a chat, nothing to debate.
    Not at all huck, lots could be debated about starting with what to put your money in and when? Would you suggest anyone to put their money in anything the way the economy is world wide right now?

-VR
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 16:03
    @very-rusty said
    Not at all huck, lots could be debated about starting with what to put your money in and when? Would you suggest anyone to put their money in anything the way the economy is world wide right now?

-VR
    Penne stocks. Everyone likes pasta.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 16:25
    @great-big-stees said
    Penne stocks. Everyone likes pasta.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰
    gbs, I don't invest so don't know what would be good to invest in, but don't think anything at this time the way the world economy is would be good to get into right now. I think it would be more a decision if you keep what you have your money invested in or take your loses and get out now?

-VR
  9. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    27 Jun '20 16:41
    @badradger said
    my partner at work had been into pennie shares for years and his brother in law was a shrewed investor he gave us a few tips my partner was drip feeding monies monthly but i decided to invest in th same companies but using all the cash i had inherited from my aunt, as i say a grand down i bottled it,but phil continued and he made quite a profit at least 10k, he cashed in hi ...[text shortened]... r paying 3% on 20k twice we also maxed out the premium bonds 50k twice (twice meaning my wife and I)
    Sure, penny stocks are a dangerous thing. They can go up, or they can disappear altogether. I would throw a couple of bucks at one, but I couldn't invest large at my level of knowledge. Sometimes if the forums are pumping a stock, I'll buy 1 just for fun and tracking purposes.

I have a list of shares I'm watching (proper dividend paying shares). If there is another crash, I intend on buying them as soon as there's signs it's over.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 10:23
    @huckleberryhound said
    Sure, penny stocks are a dangerous thing. They can go up, or they can disappear altogether. I would throw a couple of bucks at one, but I couldn't invest large at my level of knowledge. Sometimes if the forums are pumping a stock, I'll buy 1 just for fun and tracking purposes.

I have a list of shares I'm watching (proper dividend paying shares). If there is another crash, I intend on buying them as soon as there's signs it's over.
    over here the daily mail has a mag called this is money they let you run a virtual portfolio, lets you check your results against the pros, I did it for a few years, not a natural investment guru, best stick to the safe options. although I do have £1000 invested in a potash mine in north yorkshire ( went halves with my sister) I also bought a rental house 10 years back with my daughter, its now in negetive equity so not worth selling and its rent only covers the mortgage(another cock up)
  11. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 12:18
    @huckleberryhound said

You could make a much bigger return on penny stocks than other *if* you hit the
    right one, because your investment buys you a bigger share of the company than
    buying share in a company that has issued millions of shares. Make sense?

Anyway, the only way I would take a serious run at penny stocks is if I have
    insider information of a company about to land a big contract or gets a new
    CEO who is a genius in the making.

And I know I am quite naive about these stocks so I have to play it that safe.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    28 Jun '20 12:25
    @earl-of-trumps said
    You could make a much bigger return on penny stocks than other *if* you hit the
    right one, because your investment buys you a bigger share of the company than
    buying share in a company that has issued millions of shares. Make sense?

insider information of a company about to land a big ...[text shortened]... ius in the making.

And I know I am quite naive about these stocks so I have to play it that safe.
    It's the difference between speculation and investment.

Buying XOM is investment
    Buying NKLA is speculation
    Buying GNUS is Re... Really dumb.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 07:27
    @ponderable said
    The point is that it is evidently true. The Problem is that one can't know beforeghand if it is "low" or "high"...
    Precisely.
    You only know when the market is low after the event.
    Buy "lowish" and it could go lower.

I had a friend (first class honours in Math/CS) whose company wrote
    software for investment houses. They used Chaos Theory to allocate
    probabilities to share movements. It was highly refined but at the end
    of the day he admitted it wasn't much better than "whatever it did
    today it will do tomorrow" which I'd also heard from weather forecasters!
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 07:28
    @earl-of-trumps said
    insider information of a company about to land a big contract
    And hopefully you go to prison for a long time.
  15. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    πŸ€” Bolton
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 13:301 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    And hopefully you go to prison for a long time.
    Unlike Piers Morgan🚬[edit] Shavixmir may have a take on this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree