1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 22:11
    Originally posted by brush
    Thanks for that comprehensive reply. What made me think of the subject was a friend who was convinced he could bring his cat in by just thinking about it. My only experience was on coming home one day with a really bad case of flu, I just wanted to go straight to bed and get warm. A stray ginger cat had adopted us. When I went to bed I just had the passing tho ...[text shortened]... told me that on occasions when he seriously thought of suicide, his dog would get very agitated.
    Just out of curiosity, you're not a random penguin... are you?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 22:13
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    [youtube if you could read my mind...]v5tr_L31StI[/youtube]
    What a tale my thoughts would tell...
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 22:26
    Someone else who was prone to depression, told me that on occasions when he seriously thought of suicide, his dog would get very agitated.
    my dog knows to hide the bullets...
    he's scared i'll shoot him and not myself...
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 07:52
    Thanks for that comprehensive reply. What made me think of the subject was a friend who was convinced he could bring his cat in by just thinking about it. My only experience was on coming home one day with a really bad case of flu, I just wanted to go straight to bed and get warm. A stray ginger cat had adopted us. When I went to bed I just had the passing tho ...[text shortened]... told me that on occasions when he seriously thought of suicide, his dog would get very agitated.
    More than likely your friend's depression was communicated to his dog by other means. (Not telepathically). Dogs tend to pick up on these things and there is probably a 'smell' thing going on when a person is depressed, that a dog is sensitive to.
  5. Joined
    22 Jan '12
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 09:06
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    More than likely your friend's depression was communicated to his dog by other means. (Not telepathically). Dogs tend to pick up on these things and there is probably a 'smell' thing going on when a person is depressed, that a dog is sensitive to.
    I expect you are right but there may be more to it. In a care home featured on TV, a dog would always go into the room of a person who was due to die that night. I can't imagine people who's last night had arrived would smell differently?
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 09:33
    I sat down next to an attractive woman in a bar and told her my watch was telepathic.
    What's it telling you she asked.
    That you are not wearing any panties.
    Well its wrong she said,I am.
    I looked at my watch and said darn thing is an hour fast .
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    I sat down next to an attractive woman in a bar and told her my watch was telepathic.
    What's it telling you she asked.
    That you are not wearing any panties.
    Well its wrong she said,I am.
    I looked at my watch and said darn thing is an hour fast .
    In truth of course, you sat down next to an attractive woman in a bar intending to tell her about your telepathic watch, but before you could do so she stood up and left.

😛
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 11:01
    Has anyone had experience of telepathy, including telepathy with an animal? Just curious.
    Yes, but so far my mind is the only one I can read. Right now I'm working on sending thoughts telepathically to my banker. I check to see if my account balance is increasing. Nothing yet. 😉
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 12:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes, but so far my mind is the only one I can read. Right now I'm working on sending thoughts telepathically to my banker. I check to see if my account balance is increasing. Nothing yet. 😉
    Apologies sir but I have telepathically intercepted your bank details and bought myself a large family of hedgehogs.
  10. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 13:07
    In truth of course, you sat down next to an attractive woman in a bar intending to tell her about your telepathic watch, but before you could do so she stood up and left.

😛
    Thought I saw you in the corner having a quiet smile to yourself.

Story of my life lol
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 22:53
    Apologies sir but I have telepathically intercepted your bank details and bought myself a large family of hedgehogs.
    I knew you would because I telepathically placed the idea in your head.

The hedgehogs are gonna wreck the foundation of your house. 😉
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 11:28
    There is something called "synchronicity".

The Point is: It is remarkable if two similar things happen at the same time (I just thought I should phone you and the phone rings). It is unremarkable if some thought occurs without a matching Happening (I should phone him...sometime, next thought).

So People begin to note the fact that they experienced such a Thing and make a rule from that.

The cat story could be tested by thinking about the cat say ten days in the evening and giving her say half an hour to occur. The homcoming of the cat without "calling" her should be noted to see if any pattern occurs. If the "calling" is succesful statistically significant you may be up to something.

Recommended reading: Christopher Brookmyre: The attack of the unsinkable Rubber Ducks.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 11:57

😛
    Well, he did "watch" her leave, truth be told.
  14. Joined
    22 Jan '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 17:29
    Originally posted by Ponderable

The Point is: It is remarkable if two similar things happen at the same time (I just thought I should phone you and the phone rings). It is unremarkable if some thought occurs without a matching Happening (I should phone him...sometime, next thought).

So People begin to note the fact that they experienced s ...[text shortened]... thing.

Recommended reading: Christopher Brookmyre: The attack of the unsinkable Rubber Ducks.
    Thanks for that. I was interested to hear of other incidents which may have indicated telepathy. You may like: "The roots of coincidence" by Arthur Koestler
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 05:12
    Originally posted by Ponderable

So People begin to note the fact that they experienced s ...[text shortened]... thing.

Well said.

Thanks,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree