1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 05:43
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    More than likely your friend's depression was communicated to his dog by other means. (Not telepathically). Dogs tend to pick up on these things and there is probably a 'smell' thing going on when a person is depressed, that a dog is sensitive to.
    Dogs are now being trained to detect cancer but unfortunately their personal hygiene stops them from becoming physicians - they will keep forgetting to wash their paws in between patients.

https://www.medicaldetectiondogs.org.uk/bio-detection-dogs/
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '16 06:40
    Originally posted by brush
    Thanks for that comprehensive reply. What made me think of the subject was a friend who was convinced he could bring his cat in by just thinking about it. My only experience was on coming home one day with a really bad case of flu, I just wanted to go straight to bed and get warm. A stray ginger cat had adopted us. When I went to bed I just had the passing tho ...[text shortened]... told me that on occasions when he seriously thought of suicide, his dog would get very agitated.
    My recent experience was knowing with absolute certainty that Gramp Bobby would take this opportunity to cut and paste his own post into this thread 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree