1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 16:492 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    Many things look...well they're not particularly "attractive"...but taste, OHHHHH, so good. Give them (Oysters) a go, you may be surprised. Hey, as a bonus, if you get them still in the shell (it will take some shucking), there may be a pearl inside.
    Of all the Oysters I've shucked, was never fortunate enough to find one.

I've only heard of one fisherman finding one, and almost threw it away. He keeps it as a show piece because no one would believe he actually found one. Not the fisherman in this video.

YouTube

-VR
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 17:02
    @great-big-stees said
    Many things look...well they're not particularly "attractive"...but taste, OHHHHH, so good. Give them (Oysters) a go, you may be surprised. Hey, as a bonus, if you get them still in the shell (it will take some shucking), there may be a pearl inside.
    How do they taste, Stees?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 17:301 edit
    @torunn said
    Raw, they just slide down your throat! 😉

I'd say a bit salty!

-VR
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 17:39

Removed by poster

5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 17:39
    @torunn said
    Without adding a wee bit of seafood sauce or lemon they are, like VR said, "a bit salty" (briny). I can't think of something that has a similar taste, off the top of my head. If I do I will get back to you. Some say that you should swallow them whole. I prefer to chew them. It's also a good idea to slide them off the shell (after detaching them of course) and enjoying the liquid contained in the shell. My mouth is watering.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 17:451 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    Without adding a wee bit of seafood sauce or lemon they are, like VR said, "a bit salty" (briny). I can't think of something that has a similar taste, off the top of my head. If I do I will get back to you. Some say that you should swallow them whole. I prefer to chew them. It's also a good idea to slide them off the shell (after detaching them of course) and enjoying the liquid contained in the shell. My mouth is watering.
    I use to chew one then swallow one. I was lucky didn't get sick from any of the raw ones, but like I said had them directly from the water. Only way I would eat them raw. Oysters cooked I don't care for unless they done just right, don't want to over cook them which many people do. I've also had raw clams which not everyone likes!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree