Tell me your favourite something

Tell me your favourite something

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Feb 21

@yo-its-me said
My favourite flower.
Freesias for their scent and sunflower for their cheery appearance.
Favourite sound: bubbles of exhaled air from my regulator

Favourite smell: my wife’s neck

Favourite colour: sunset red

Moves
15 Feb 21

Favorite fruit: papaya
Favorite tree: papaya
Favorite smell: mango

Papaya can't have everything you know.

I did make a song about it though, remember the tequila song? Just replace tequila with papaya. Oh papaya you make me happy...

No i haven't been smoking anything or drinking, or sniffing or whatever.

Now where was I. Oh yes.

Oh papaya...

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
15 Feb 21

a hot shower and clean sheets

Gothenburg

Moves
15 Feb 21
1 edit

I like the smell of Indian food - curry, so you can say it is a favourite of mine.

Moves
16 Feb 21

@torunn said
I like the smell of Indian food - curry, so you can say it is a favourite of mine.
Indian would be my favorite food, there's an Indian guy here who opened a restaurant, it's a bit made for tourists in that it's not very spicy buy decent and cheap nevertheless.

SRB

Moves
16 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Indian would be my favorite food, there's an Indian guy here who opened a restaurant, it's a bit made for tourists in that it's not very spicy buy decent and cheap nevertheless.
Learned to cook Indian food at Uni. One of my daughters came home after her first year and had learned the same. It occurred to me that basically the Asian students teach everybody else how to cook decent food?!?

F

Moves
16 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Favorite fruit: papaya
I concur. Papaya, indeed.

Running it a close second is what we here call "sirsak" which has a Dutch word for it - soursop - and that may be the only vocabulary available to an English speaker.

F

Moves
16 Feb 21

Favourite film.

Glengarry Glen Ross.

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

@fmf said
Favourite film.

Glengarry Glen Ross.
That is a great film, and Jack Lemmon was cruelly robbed of his 3rd Oscar for his stellar performance.

No false bonhomie, just an acknowledgement

F

Moves
16 Feb 21

Favourite spreadable paste made of yeast extract.

Marmite.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

Favourite TV series watched in the last few years.

Gomorrah

[C21st Italian gangsters set in Naples]

Moves
17 Feb 21

@fmf said
I concur. Papaya, indeed.

Running it a close second is what we here call "sirsak" which has a Dutch word for it - soursop - and that may be the only vocabulary available to an English speaker.
I've had this in Asia somewhere, Philippines I think, seems like a lot of work for a fruit. If you can't pick directly from the tree and start eating it I don't want to know😂

F

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

Favourite Ricky Gervais creation.

It's still The Office, for me, although After Life was masterfully done.

F

Moves
17 Feb 21

@trev33 said
I've had this in Asia somewhere, Philippines I think, seems like a lot of work for a fruit. If you can't pick directly from the tree and start eating it I don't want to know😂
Sirsak/Soursop is probably at its best and least inconvenient if someone simply turns it into an ice-cold juice for you.

Moves
17 Feb 21

@fmf said
Sirsak/Soursop is probably at its best and least inconvenient if someone simply turns it into an ice-cold juice for you.
Favourite food: Raw oysters.