1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:10
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Apparently we are guilty of only fighting with words in this forum, instead of fighting physically through our monitors.
    Like I said good with words, I am sure you'll have a fine Prose story again this year! 😉

-VR
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:11
    @fmf said
    No I didn't. I started one about you being an "internet tough guy".
    You said: I seem to remember, some years ago, him muttering darkly - your typical pathetic internet "tough guy" - about what he was physically capable of, his prowess, repeatedly, threats, retribution, blah blah blah blah, pure stodge even more clueless and narcissistic stodge than the regular unfunny dimwitted sabotage of thread after threa ...[text shortened]... tough guy, which we both know you are not! You fight with words, cause that is all you have.

-VR
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:16
    @very-rusty said
    You said: I seem to remember, some years ago, him muttering darkly - your typical pathetic internet "tough guy" - about what he was physically capable of, his prowess, repeatedly, threats, retribution, blah blah blah blah, pure stodge even more clueless and narcissistic stodge than the regular unfunny dimwitted sabotage of thread after threa tough guy, which we both know you are not! You fight with words, cause that is all you have.

-VR
    Yes, I was talking about what a buffoon you make of yourself talking about being tough and "real fights". What do "real fights" have to do with mentioning someone's puberty or chess rating on a message board? "Will not back down", what? "Real fights", what? "Tough", what are you on about?
  4. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:19
    Back in the early 2000s I was travelling Eastern Europe researching exotic condiments for an entry into a section of the appendix of Latvian cookery book for I had generously been asked to contribute.

While I was visiting Georgia I attended a tasting session for Ajika, a very lively variety of spicy dips from the region, and suddenly my phone rang with an urgent message from a friend of mine back in Latvia saying that he had gotten himself into some “nepatikšanas”, that is “bad trouble” in English.

Apparently he had agreed to meet with a person who he been arguing with on the internet and whom he had told he would “cīņa” (fight) and destroy. Being a burly sort of character and a bit of a drinker of alcohol, he believed himself more than capable of sorting this person out and giving him a good lesson in strength.

It turned out that the person he met was indeed quite small but instead of fighting (cīņa), this unremarkable man shoved a broken bottle into his arm (he aimed for his face) and then kicked him hard in the testicles several times causing my friend to vomit on himself.

I just thought I would share this with you as a warning again pretending to be a tough man on the internet.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:20
    Ok, it is a bright sunny day and I am going to go out for my brisk walk. You two think up some crap you can say for when I come back......LOL.....
    Have A Great Day!
    -VR
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Apparently we are guilty of only fighting with words in this forum, instead of fighting physically through our monitors.
    He mentioned my "puberty" earlier. Still a touchy subject for me decades and decades later. There was a guy called Leonardo who had Ant Hill Mob five o'clock shadow at 11. I did not. Still hurts me to think of those times.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:24
    @velns said
    Back in the early 2000s I was travelling Eastern Europe researching exotic condiments for an entry into a section of the appendix of Latvian cookery book for I had generously been asked to contribute.

While I was visiting Georgia I attended a tasting session for Ajika, a very lively variety of spicy dips from the region, and suddenly my phone rang with an urgent message fro ...[text shortened]... thought I would share this with you as a warning again pretending to be a tough man on the internet.
    I frequently pretend that I'm a Samurai on the internet.

In light of your anecdote, I might quit doing this.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:27
    @fmf said
    He mentioned my "puberty" earlier. Still a touchy subject for me decades and decades later. There was a guy called Leonardo who had Ant Hill Mob five o'clock shadow at 11. I did not. Still hurts me to think of those times.
    I went through puberty between the hours of 3pm and 5:45pm on the 14th July, 1987.

True story.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:29
    @velns said
    this unremarkable man shoved a broken bottle into his arm (he aimed for his face) and then kicked him hard in the testicles several times causing my friend to vomit on himself.
    A real fight.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:33
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I went through puberty between the hours of 3pm and 5:45pm on the 14th July, 1987.

True story.
    Sounds more like Peter Perfect or Sergeant Blast than the Ant Hill Mob.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:37
    @very-rusty said
    It doesn't stop you from repeating it over and over though! 😉 😛

-VR
    Same as you? 😉
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:41
    @fmf said
    Yes, I was talking about what a buffoon you make of yourself talking about being tough and "real fights". What do "real fights" have to do with mentioning someone's puberty or chess rating on a message board? "Will not back down", what? "Real fights", what? "Tough", what are you on about?
    When was the last time rusty claimed to be a tough guy and fighting people? Leave the past in the past, people change, let it go.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:42
    @trev33 said
    When was the last time rusty claimed to be a tough guy and fighting people? Leave the past in the past, people change, let it go.
    Thanks for your advice.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

True story.
    When we drove through there it only took us...well less than a minute and even then that was because we had to stop and let a snake slither across what could almost be called the road.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Apr '20 12:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

True story.
    And I thought you were the Ghost of an ancient Duke...🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree