1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 01:262 edits
    2016 seemed a stressy year and I remember people wishing the end of it and hoping 2017 was going to be better, was it for you?

For me this year has not been great; not because of politics and even Trump hasn’t deminished my optimism. It’s losing people that is always tough and I’ve lost connections and suffered bereavements, as I’m sure many of us have. I’ve also had many personal changes going on, mostly positive but sometimes change is so unsettling.

I can’t give 2017 a thumbs up I’m afraid but at least Christmas looks like being fun with the arrival of a newborn in the family πŸ™‚
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 02:04
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    2016 seemed a stressy year and I remember people wishing the end of it and hoping 2017 was going to be better, was it for you?

For me this year has not been great; not because of politics and even Trump hasn’t deminished my optimism. It’s losing people that is always tough and I’ve lost connections and suffered bereavements, as I’m sure many of us ...[text shortened]... fraid but at least Christmas looks like being fun with the arrival of a newborn in the family πŸ™‚
    I feel like we are riding in the dark with no headlights and a maniac at the wheel. Where did we go wrong?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 11:32
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    I feel like we are riding in the dark with no headlights and a maniac at the wheel. Where did we go wrong?
    Nice metaphor. Let's refine it a bit:

We're in a demolition derby in the dark, with multiple contestants, some of whom are maniacs, some of whom flash their lights occasionally blinding us. The brakes and air bags have failed, but the horns and gas pedals still work. Fasten your seat belts; it's going to be a bumpy ride.
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 11:561 edit
    The bad thing is that Sweden is unrecognizable, no control, too much going on.

The good thing is that family wounds are healing.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 12:33
    Worse US president of 2017 - Donald trump

Best US president of 2017 - Donald trump

He'll be so happy with the news
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 15:46
    Originally posted by @trev33

Refinement:

Trump - best US President of 2017

Trump - worst US President ever
  7. RSA
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 17:06

For me this year has not been great; not because of politics and even Trump hasn’t deminished my optimism. It’s losing people that is always tough and I’ve lost connections and suffered bereavements, as I’m sure many of us ...[text shortened]... fraid but at least Christmas looks like being fun with the arrival of a newborn in the family πŸ™‚
    2017 for me was worse than 2016, and 2016 wasn't great. I'll be glad to see the back of this year.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 17:39
    Was held together in 2017 mostly by sleeping tablets and good coffee. I've become closer however to my extended family (Facebook has its uses) and feel I have achieved a lot through my work. (Not a single day off sick, despite the insomnia,.....heck, in spite of it).

I will chalk 2017 up, in balance, as a good year. I hope the same for all of us here in 2018.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Dec '17 21:391 edit
    Originally posted by @trev33

Actually, Obama was still president for the first 3 weeks of 2017.

Ok, now place your votes. πŸ˜›

And Happy New Year !!
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 14:31
    For me personally:

Worst: first half.
    Better: second half, including finding a job.
    Best: playing in the Pirates of Penzance, and the people I did it with.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 21:39
    You'd be the very model of a modern major general!
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    For me personally:

Worst: first half.
    Better: second half, including finding a job.
    Best: playing in the Pirates of Penzance, and the people I did it with.
    Congratulations on getting a job; I hope it’s something you like and pays well. Or, at the least, one or the other.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 23:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 23:262 edits
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    You'd be the very model of a modern major general!
    Alas, only a lowly pirate... although I can almost sing the MG's song by heart, and I believe I could've doubled Samuel had it been necessary.

It honestly was an experience that made my year. The singing and playing was fantastic itself, but the people... f#$$, I needed that. I so needed that, and I didn't even realise it until I joined.

Yeah, I signed up for next year.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Dec '17 23:33
    Congratulations on getting a job; I hope it’s something you like and pays well. Or, at the least, one or the other.
    Thanks. It's... well, I'm learning things, I'm not bored, and my cow-orkers mostly don't get on my nerves. As for the pay, it's basic, but anything's better than zero.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree