1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I haven't said stuff like this... [b]"...In their convoluted, conceited and twisted capacity to reason do they imagine a vain thing. The contempt they have for moral governance is well represented. The blind leading the blind. See how they stumble over each other in the ditch nipping and biting at the carcass of their deadened sense of morality?..." - or any invective even remotely as visceral as this about another poster recently... have you?[/b]
    You have you own way and I have mine. 😉

That's the beauty of it. Except when one is wrong. And we can't know who's wrong if we don't have rules of engagement, which is what Bob has tirelessly tried to point out, but to no avail. Considering.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:07
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Oh, nicely worded. It's not a pack of wolves though. Rather faithful dogs that have had enough. They don't want the mangy wolf skulking through their flock anymore. They want it driven out, marginalized, because that's what absolutely must happen.
    I guess it's a matter of perspective.

I for one see the Truth of the matter based on an objective standard.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's the beauty of it. Except when one is wrong. And we can't know who's wrong if we don't have rules of engagement, which is what Bob has tirelessly tried to point out, but to no avail. Considering.
    So how is it you are taking it upon yourself to declare who is right and who is wrong - as you did on the previous page of this thread? Is that what you mean when you say "That's the beauty of it"? That you choose your side and then declare the 'other side' to be wrong?
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 13:55

So "Truth" is relative? I agree.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 14:02
    You have you own way and I have mine. 😉
    Then isn't this you simply conceding that you are being hypocritical?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 15:53

Truth invariably lies at the bottom of a good Rioja, where one loses both objective standard and perspective, but is rewarded with a drunken insight unavailable to the sober or pious man.
  7. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 15:55
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Truth invariably lies at the bottom of a good Rioja, where one loses both objective standard and perspective, but is rewarded with a drunken insight unavailable to the sober or pious man.
    Truer words have never been spoken.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 16:28
    You don't care to be dragged out into the light do you? The rules apply to other people don't they?
    "You don't care to be dragged out into the light do you?"

"Greetings from afar, Hand of Hecate." ~Bobby
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 16:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    For his hypocrisy, perhaps. Just a suggestion. 😉
    "Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, esp. with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretense, sham. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.[1] In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles.[2]

It occurs when mechanisms and modules in the human brain - which evolved independently, in response to selection pressures, that varied over vast ranges of time and of place - contradict each other. These contradictions are normal, constant, and persistent. It is a cause, as well as a result, of cognitive biases and distortions which predispose humans to effortlessly perceive and condemn faults in others, while failing to perceive and condemn faults of their own.

Hypocrisy has been a subject of folk wisdom and wisdom literature from the beginnings of human history. Increasingly, since the 1980s, it has also become central to studies in behavioral economics, cognitive science, cultural psychology, decision making, discrimination, ethics, evolutionary psychology, moral psychology, political sociology, positive psychology, social psychology, and social psychology (sociology)."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Just in case you.....
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 16:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Just in case you.....
    Do you think josephw was a bit hypocritical with the reasoning he used to defend you in his last few posts on this thread?
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 16:46
    "You don't care to be dragged out into the light do you?"

"Greetings from afar, Hand of Hecate." ~Bobby
    Nothing is every straight forward with you is it? Still couldn't answer a direct question to save your life could you? Is explaining your little life lessons, double entendres and vague innuendos still beyond you as well?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 18:46
    So "Truth" is relative? I agree.
    "relative" to what?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 18:49
    Nothing is every straight forward with you is it? Still couldn't answer a direct question to save your life could you? Is explaining your little life lessons, double entendres and vague innuendos still beyond you as well?
    "Everything you add to the truth subtracts from the truth.
    When truth is discovered by someone else, it loses something of its attractiveness."
    ~Alexander Solzhenitsyn
  14. Playing with matches
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 19:15
    "relative" to what?
    Truth is rarely an absolute. It can be very subjective.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Mar '16 20:06
    "It's only my actual nickname here and offline, HoH." ~Bobby

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree