1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 02:281 edit
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I've been brushed by death. Really. Due to personal reasons, I've spent months without end at a hospice ward, seeing people walking the last meters or actually passing, right next to me --I mean, in the next bed, in front of my eyes.

So, death has turned into a kind of non-subject for me, something which will happen with or without my consent, and a thing ...[text shortened]... t know why. It's kind of confusing.

Has any of you experienced something like this? Thoughts?
    An Assistant Director of Nursing at the Rehab Care Facility (where I was confined for sixteen months) was routinely making her rounds one weekday afternoon. At the Nursing Station #3, while checking patient logs, Larissa who was the picture of health and fitness suddenly began swaying front to back then from side to side; within seconds she crumpled to the floor.
    An R.N. Kathy who had just begun her shift immediately took charge of the situation: giving orders to call for an ambulance; checking her vital signs; placing a blanket over Larissa's body; elevating her head with a towel; and administering mouth to mouth resuscitation. Soon the ambulance responders arrived: deftly securing her unconcious body on the gurney and were on their way to the city's hospital emergency room. Following day we learned that Larissa never regained consciousness from a severe stroke, having departed this life in her mid-thirties the previous evening with family at her bedside.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 14:13
    I've been brushed by death. Really. Due to personal reasons, I've spent months without end at a hospice ward, seeing people walking the last meters or actually passing, right next to me --I mean, in the next bed, in front of my eyes.

So, death has turned into a kind of non-subject for me, something which will happen with or without my consent, and a thing ...[text shortened]... t know why. It's kind of confusing.

Similar experience at the Rehab Care Facility. January 2011 my son visited; doctor told him: "Your father is near death."
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 18:011 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Similar experience at the Rehab Care Facility. January 2011 my son visited; doctor told him: "Your father is near death."
    That reminds me of something my dad would say. Sometimes he'd say "A miss is as good as a mile". Apparently death took a shot at you and missed. lol

YouTube
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 22:09

Similarly obsessed, I find myself every so often gravitating toward sites which contain the morbid poses of death.
    While not complicit in the acts, I am nonetheless entirely engaged and enthralled with the thought of that end scene.
    I want to weigh the soul as it leaves the body, want to know that being moves from here to there.

That membrane bridge is so impenetrable, it requires one's entire collection of tokens to access.
    I don't think of the other side; I wonder more about the passing.
  5. In your face
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:021 edit
    We should all die death to its fullest.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:09
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    it's
    :'(
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:11
    :'(
    I didn't want to point it is out and ruin the moments.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:16
    We should all die death to it's fullest.
    Then... what?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I couldn't die in peace seeing such a blunder.
  10. In your face
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Then... what?
    Wait for the grammar police to come and arrest us 😲
  11. In your face
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:24
    I couldn't die in peace seeing such a blunder.
    I have atoned for my sins and righted my wrongs. You can now rest, my child.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 23:27
    Wait for the grammar police to come and arrest us 😲
    Its inevitable.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 05:10
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I've blown it, haven't I? :'(
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 14:11
    If it's possessive it's its. If it ain't it ain't.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 23:41
    I've blown it, haven't I? :'(
    Must'nt cry o'er spil't milk, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree