1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 00:03
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I have atoned for my sins and righted my wrongs. You can now rest, my child.
    May rest is better
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 00:041 edit
    I cry entangled tears
    borrowed from a blistering light;
    'hold me tight' she said
    as her wings were shattered.

This poem by Darth Vader made me reflect on what we're talking about here.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 00:30
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I cry entangled tears
    borrowed from a blistering light;
    'hold me tight' she said
    as her wings were shattered.

This poem by Darth Vader made me reflect on what we're talking about here.
    Ashes to ashes
    dust to dust.
    If you don't shoot that gun
    It's gonna rust.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 00:52
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It's gonna rust.
    If you don't use it, you lose it. You know it.
  5. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 23:301 edit
    I've been brushed by death. Really. Due to personal reasons, I've spent months without end at a hospice ward, seeing people walking the last meters or actually passing, right next to me --I mean, in the next bed, in front of my eyes.

So, death has turned into a kind of non-subject for me, something which will happen with or without my consent, and a thing ...[text shortened]... t know why. It's kind of confusing.

Has any of you experienced something like this? Thoughts?
    Oh, yes...

http://mais.uol.com.br/view/9p4y0ig452qu/policiais-militares-passam-por-reabilitacao-apos-acidentes-040299326CC4898307?types=A

YouTube
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 03:231 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    May rest is better
    Mae West was okay too.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:28
    I've been brushed by death. Really. Due to personal reasons, I've spent months without end at a hospice ward, seeing people walking the last meters or actually passing, right next to me --I mean, in the next bed, in front of my eyes.

So, death has turned into a kind of non-subject for me, something which will happen with or without my consent, and a thing ...[text shortened]... t know why. It's kind of confusing.

Has any of you experienced something like this? Thoughts?
    Seitse, I'm so pleased that you're back.
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 12:30
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Seitse, I'm so pleased that you're back.
    Thanks, friend, your kind words mean a lot to me.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 17:09
    Thanks, friend, your kind words mean a lot to me.
    It's mutual, mon frère. "I've spent months without end at a hospice ward, seeing people walking the last meters or actually passing, right next to me --I mean, in the next bed, in front of my eyes." Your original post mirrors my own sixteen month confinement in a medical care/rehab facility following partial paralysis Friday, December 2010; discharge April 2012.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 19:07
    An Assistant Director of Nursing at the Rehab Care Facility (where I was confined for sixteen months) was routinely making her rounds one weekday afternoon. At the Nursing Station #3, while checking patient logs, Larissa who was the picture of health and fitness suddenly began swaying front to back then from side to side; within seconds she crumpled to th ...[text shortened]... roke, having departed this life in her mid-thirties the previous evening with family at her bedside.
    "An Assistant Director of Nursing at the Rehab Care Facility (where I was confined for sixteen months) was routinely making her rounds one weekday afternoon. At the Nursing Station #3, while checking patient logs, Larissa who was the picture of health and fitness suddenly began swaying front to back then from side to side; within seconds she crumpled to the floor.
    An R.N. Kathy who had just begun her shift immediately took charge of the situation: giving orders to call for an ambulance; checking her vital signs; placing a blanket over Larissa's body; elevating her head with a towel; and administering mouth to mouth resuscitation. Soon the ambulance responders arrived: deftly securing her unconcious body on the gurney and were on their way to the city's hospital emergency room. Following day we learned that Larissa never regained consciousness from a severe stroke, having departed this life in her mid-thirties the previous evening with family at her bedside."

Seitse, this morning during breakfast while thinking back on this event, I realized her name is Lisa. She was beautiful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree