1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 13:331 edit
    Trump built his pre-election platform partly on the national debt.

"It's 19 trillion right now, he said, and it will soon be 21 trillion if we don't do something about it''

Well, his tax cut has ensured the national debt will far exceed 21 trillion which is where it is at right now.

The projection of that debt may exceed ONE HUNDRED TRILLION in another 40 years or so.

This represents THE most serious threat to the US EVER.

This FOR SURE will not be featured on Faux News.

If you think I am BSing about this, look up the issue:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/216998/forecast-of-the-federal-debt-of-the-united-states/

Up more than 50% in just ten years.

And that doesn't even factor in Trumps incredibly stupid tariff wars, like right now Harley Davidson is moving to Europe for production based 100% on the tariff wars, just the first casualty of this insane policy.
    That 33 trillion is based on the US going ahead with its 3% growth but that will come crashing down into another recession when the trade wars starts killing US jobs by the thousands.

That is only the first one.

Also the Supreme court now passed the travel ban and today will cut down the rights of unions in the US.

THAT will hit Trump's base, eh.

I think the national debt issue is the knife that will destroy the US as a world power, and we better start taking Mandarin courses.

I say that because China is the largest debt holder of the US and already just the INTEREST on the national debt is climbing up to be THE largest portion of the national budget, right up there with the military budget.

And of course who will feel this the most? Elderly, medicare stripped, Social security stripped, when they rob even more out of those kind of programs. They have already cut down money for food stamps.
    That is a fact. I guess that won't bother the Trumpites here but in another 50 years there may not BE a USA anymore, but a protectorate of China.

Of course I will be safely dead by then but some of you will be alive and I hope you can figure out which country will take you when the US dissolves into chaos, even more than it is now.

As bad as it is now over the issue of thousands of babies abducted, kidnapped, whatever you want to call it, the national debt issue will strike the heart of the US.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 13:48
    This sounds as it would belong to "Debates" or the proposed "US Politics" Forum
  3. Standard membernevare
    TRUMP
    Canada
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 13:55
    So it's TRUMP to blame? Not Obama or the president's before him? Anyways...when that debt gets too high the good ole USA will start a major war to reset the balance. God bless America.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 14:21
    In 2017 the US tax revenue was the highest ever recorded.
    In 2018 it is predicted to be higher.

Try again.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 14:321 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

Try again.
    So the tariff wars means nothing to you? You do know HD has already plans to go to Europe and cut jobs here in the US, right? You think Obama caused that?

Did you not see the official forecast of the national debt and that based on the idea the US will continue the present growth rate which will be impossible if the tariff wars continue as it has been so far.

How many more jobs will be lost in these wars? Food stamp money is already being cut, what will be next? I guess it won't effect you but goodbye medicare, social security, well it WILL effect you eventually but you don't know it yet.

So you best start learning Mandarin or Cantonese. You have no idea just how serious this situation is.

RIght now, the US is living off money borrowed from mainly China, now BTW, a trillion dollars more GNP than the US.

That alone doesn't bother you?
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 14:34
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So the tariff wars means nothing to you? You do know HD has already plans to go to Europe and cut jobs here in the US, right? You think Obama caused that?

Did you not see the official forecast of the national debt and that based on the idea the US will continue the present growth rate which will be impossible if the tariff wars continue as it has been ...[text shortened]... best start learning Mandarin or Cantonese. You have no idea just how serious this situation is.
    I refuted your claim that by cutting taxes, the debt necessarily increases. Tax revenue has increased under Trump and will continue to increase.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 14:371 edit
    I refuted your claim that by cutting taxes, the debt necessarily increases. Tax revenue has increased under Trump and will continue to increase.
    You mean the numbers showing tax revenue up from 236 billion to 238 billion in Feb.? WOW, almost DOUBLE.

Take a look at this report from Fortune mag:

http://fortune.com/2018/03/15/us-national-debt-trump-tax-cuts/
  8. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 16:42
    You mean the numbers showing tax revenue up from 236 billion to 238 billion in Feb.? WOW, almost DOUBLE.

Take a look at this report from Fortune mag:

http://fortune.com/2018/03/15/us-national-debt-trump-tax-cuts/
    I don't need to see the article. Tax revenues have risen to record levels under Trump and the trend is estimated to continue. Since revenues are going UP, you can't say tax cuts are in any way responsible for debt. Expenses have to be the culprit and they are, thanks to Trump's out of control spending which is a problem we have had every year since Bush the younger.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 18:44

Try again.
    Tax revenue may indeed have gone up. That leaves open the question whether it went up enough to reduce the debt. If debt is going up faster than revenue, Some sort of economic crash is a probable outcome.
  10. Standard membernevare
    TRUMP
    Canada
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 18:51
    ...and that will lead to war. Beautiful.
    Do you really think the USA would let some other country be the world power? I don't see that happening. WWIII cometh.
  11. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 21:47
    Trump built his pre-election platform partly on the national debt.

"It's 19 trillion right now, he said, and it will soon be 21 trillion if we don't do something about it''

Well, his tax cut has ensured the national debt will far exceed 21 trillion which is where it is at right now.

The projection of that debt may exceed ONE HUNDRED TRILLION in a ...[text shortened]... idnapped, whatever you want to call it, the national debt issue will strike the heart of the US.
    Very true, but look on the bright side: The Wall Street fat cats are still drawing their billions in corporate welfare money every year. Doesn't that make you feel better?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 22:28
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Very true, but look on the bright side: The Wall Street fat cats are still drawing their billions in corporate welfare money every year. Doesn't that make you feel better?
    Oh yeah, that makes me feel GREAT. Of course those billions will be down to a few hundred bucks if the entire economy tanks.

WW3? when the whole country tanks who would we kill? Russia? NK?
  13. Standard membernevare
    TRUMP
    Canada
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 22:38
    Oh yeah, that makes me feel GREAT. Of course those billions will be down to a few hundred bucks if the entire economy tanks.

WW3? when the whole country tanks who would we kill? Russia? NK?
    Duh...if you owe China and you can't pay up then go to war with them. The trade war is just the beginning.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 22:41
    Originally posted by @nevare
    Duh...if you owe China and you can't pay up then go to war with them. The trade war is just the beginning.
    So how would that play out? We nuke Beijing, they nuke NYC and DC, meanwhile POTUS and buddies are in Norad headquarters a mile underground with enough food for all 2000 of them there to last 100 years.
    Well, it would solve the financial crisis.
  15. Standard membernevare
    TRUMP
    Canada
    Moves
    27 Jun '18 22:45
    Yep. And no more debt. Wars erase debts and make money. There is no guarantee it would be a nuclear war.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree