The Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition 3

The Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition 3

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
10 May 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Joe Fist
Mind you in no way am I a writer and perhaps I am not qualified to make such criticisms
I would say that, as a reader, you are more than qualified. After all, who do writers write for? I would certainly take no offence, criticism is always welcome.

EDIT: Even if it's wrong 😛

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
10 May 05

Oh, and my votes:

1. Blister
2. Final Round
3. Letter for Anna

p

Non-Sub Recs: 0

Moves
10 May 05

1. Final Round
2. The blank page
3. A letter for Anna

h

Moves
10 May 05

The current scores:

1) Blister: 26
2) Final Round: 18
3) Projection: 10
4) The Blank Page: 9
5) A letter for Anna: 7

Keep the votes coming!

I'd also like to remind everyone to get busy on the prose for round four. I'll be posting ALL of the entries, not just five, and I'll be announcing the authors for First, Second, and Third place. On another note, there is a serious lack of interest by female writers, who seem to be only good at writing verse... mmm? Maybe the female members of rhp have no life stories to tell. Prove me wrong.

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
10 May 05

1.Blister
2.Final Round
3.Projection

h

Moves
12 May 05

ONLY 8 days until submission for the Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition 4 closes!

u

Moves
12 May 05

... On another note, there is a serious lack of interest by female writers, who seem to be only good at writing verse... mmm? Maybe the female members of rhp have no life stories to tell. Prove me wrong.[/b]
maybe they just don't have time to write in between the cooking and cleaning and ironing and childraising

🙂

S

Moves
12 May 05

1) Blister

2) Blank Page

3) Final Round

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 May 05

1) The Blank Page
2) Final Round
3) Blister

I kind of found myself in the same boat as The Fist. I very nearly didn't vote at all, but decided to give this glorified bump.

The Blank Page got number one because the feelings it expressed are quite true for when u sit down to write something. The plot of Final Round was enjoyable in a lighthearted way, although the writing wasn't the best. Blister had a couple of excellently written paragraphs (I especially liked the first couple, which were very Palahniuk-esque), but the story was all over the shop, completely disjointed and random. Some of the imagery just seemed to be trying too hard, and the "story" suffered as a result.

Projection seemed to be as though it would have been better suited to the RHP Verse competition, and I couldn't really read A Letter to Anna. The first couple of paragraphs struck me as being from literotica, and after a quick skim showed no flesh, I hadn't the interest to finish it. Maybe being last was a disadvantage???

That concludes the voting of the completely shagged, sleep deprived, irishman. Ciao. Later. Slan leat. Aribaderci. Auf Wiedersen. Pet.

D

n

Spokane, WA

Moves
15 May 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Blister had a couple of excellently written paragraphs (I especially liked the first couple, which were very Palahniuk-esque)
Chuck Palahniuk is exactly what came to mind while reading this piece.

ncrosby🙂

n

Spokane, WA

Moves
15 May 05

1. Blister
2. Blank Page
3. Final Round

S

Moves
16 May 05

le bump et les votes s'il vous plait

S

Moves
17 May 05

el bump y los votes por favor

h

Moves
17 May 05

Originally posted by Starrman
el bump y los votes por favor
você está dizendo mais votos satisfaz povos?

h

Moves
19 May 05

shameless bump