1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:22
    @torunn said
    I would think that without Philip, the love of her life, she will feel as tired as she should at her age and after so many years of loyal service to her people. I think William and Kate are ready and well prepared.
    Charles is next.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:231 edit
    @torunn said
    I would think that without Philip, the love of her life, she will feel as tired as she should at her age and after so many years of loyal service to her people. I think William and Kate are ready and well prepared.
    Again I concur torunn, although wouldn't William's father be next in line? Or is he going to get skipped over because of everything with his personal life?

-VR
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:26
    @very-rusty said
    Again I concur torunn, although wouldn't William's father be next in line? Or is going to get skipped over because of everything with his personal life?

-VR
    I think the natural thing would be to prefer William and Kate, they are the right personalities and age and give a solid impression. Charles and Camilla, nice as I'm sure they are, do not give that impression, partly because of their history. All in my opinion of course.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:29
    @torunn said
    I think the natural thing would be to prefer William and Kate, they are the right personalities and age and give a solid impression. Charles and Camilla, nice as I'm sure they are, do not give that impression, partly because of their history. All in my opinion of course.
    Any man who would kick Diana to the curb for Camilla doesn't deserve the throne.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    @torunn said
    Charles has waited most of his adult life to be king. William's time will come, but only after his father.

I think Charles will make a very good king. He has mellowed well.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    @suzianne said
    Any man who would kick Diana to the curb for Camilla doesn't deserve the throne.
    Love is a curious animal.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:30
    @torunn said
    Yes, that was quite messy between Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales. We all know what happened there.

-VR
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:31
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Charles has waited most of his adult life to be king. William's time will come, but only after his father.

I think Charles will make a very good king. He has mellowed well.
    You have followed him much closer than I have - I only know from Swedish media. If you say he will make a good regent together with his wife Camilla, I believe you.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:34
    @torunn said
    You have followed him much closer than I have - I only know from Swedish media. If you say he will make a good regent together with his wife Camilla, I believe you.
    25 years ago I would have answered differently. 🙂
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:35
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Love is a curious animal.
    Charles loved Camilla before he met Diana. The tragedy is that nobody stopped him from marrying Diana. Camilla is the love of his life.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:36
    @torunn said
    Seems odd that she often lived at a different address to Phillip though. When I visited the old royal yacht, Britannia in Scotland a few years ago I was also struck by the separate bedrooms and living arrangements on the relatively small boat that they toured on. She is a very successful diplomat so I would be shocked if she said anything other than 'he was the love of my life' or did anything other than promote the image of a harmonious royal family so it's difficult to know what to believe really. Beyond the rhetoric very little looks harmonious about the royal family.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:422 edits
    @relentless-red said
    Seems odd that she often lived at a different address to Phillip though. When I visited the old royal yacht, Britannia in Scotland a few years ago I was also struck by the separate bedrooms and living arrangements on the relatively small boat that they toured on. She is a very successful diplomat so I would be shocked if she said anything other than 'he was the love of ...[text shortened]... now what to believe really. Beyond the rhetoric very little looks harmonious about the royal family.
    Elderly couples, and even younger, prefer separate bedrooms and sometimes separate living. I would too. It has nothing to do with love, just comfort and consideration.

Edit: I need to correct myself here, I should have said: It doesn't necessarily have to do with love or not - I can't answer for other people, it's just my observations.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:42
    @suzianne said
    Looks aren't everything Suzie Q, Camilla and Charles were in love before Diana ever came into the picture. I do think though it was a very messy situation and agree he doesn't deserve the throne, of course you are from the U.S. and I am from Canada.

-VR
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:50
    I'll take the long shot Harry
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 17:08
    @lemondrop said
    I'll take the long shot Harry
    Do you actually follow what is going on lemon?

Or do you say these things just to be controversial?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree