1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 10:28
    @suzianne said
    Any man who would kick Diana to the curb for Camilla doesn't deserve the throne.
    It wasn't him that did the kicking, though. Diana was 100% the culprit in that situation. Her bodyguard, a Welsh rugby player, and reputedly a whole company of Horse... that innocent face did not hide an innocent mind.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 10:34
    @torunn said
    Charles loved Camilla before he met Diana. The tragedy is that nobody stopped him from marrying Diana. Camilla is the love of his life.
    The tragedy is that they did stop him from marrying Camilla until it was too late, and then forced him to marry Diana, just because she was from Sloane Square. If I were Charles, I'd fire 90% of the Palace advisors the day I got to the throne. Meddling, image-addled bunch of biddies.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 10:40
    @shallow-blue said
    It wasn't him that did the kicking, though. Diana was 100% the culprit in that situation. Her bodyguard, a Welsh rugby player, and reputedly a whole company of Horse... that innocent face did not hide an innocent mind.
    The extra-marital affairs were on both sides, driven by Charles' already existing attachment to Camilla. Diana's situation was a set-up for abuse, blinded by innocence.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 11:16
    @torunn said
    I think the natural thing would be to prefer William and Kate, they are the right personalities and age and give a solid impression. Charles and Camilla, nice as I'm sure they are, do not give that impression, partly because of their history. All in my opinion of course.
    anyone who would like to be a tampon is not fit to be king.
  5. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 11:23
    @badradger said
    anyone who would like to be a tampon is not fit to be king.
    Well I guess GOAD should keep his day job then 🤔
  6. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 11:49
    @divegeester said
    He’s a nitwit.
    A rare quality indeed for a prince.

YouTube
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 11:49
    @very-musty said
    Well I guess GOAD should keep his day job then 🤔
    Still not letting you in...
  8. Joined
    14 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 12:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Still not letting you in...
    The Queen shall hear of this! 😠
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 13:27
    @very-musty said
    The Queen shall hear of this! 😠
    I'm following her instruction.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 19:28
    I didn’t watch much of it, but I really really feel for Elizabeth. Losing your life partner after 73 years is going to hurt no matter what privilege you have.

This photo from Sky of her gazing at her husband’s coffin as she sits alone in the chapel is telling.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-philip-funeral-queen-arrives-at-st-georges-chapel-ahead-of-minutes-silence-as-duke-of-edinburgh-is-laid-to-rest-12278005
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:00
    @divegeester said
    I didn’t watch much of it, but I really really feel for Elizabeth. Losing your life partner after 73 years is going to hurt no matter what privilege you have.

This photo from Sky of her gazing at her husband’s coffin as she sits alone in the chapel is telling.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-philip-funeral-queen-arrives-at-st-georges-chapel-ahead-of-minutes-silence-as-duke-of-edinburgh-is-laid-to-rest-12278005
    In this situation she is as lonely as every other woman losing her dearest friend after a long life together. She was fortunate to have him for so many years.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:071 edit
    @torunn said
    In this situation she is as lonely as every other woman losing her dearest friend after a long life together.
    To be fair, I think 73 years (of marriage) is not typical of every other woman
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:08
    @suzianne said
    The extra-marital affairs were on both sides, driven by Charles' already existing attachment to Camilla. Diana's situation was a set-up for abuse, blinded by innocence.
    Oh, nonsense.

Charles had one association, and he's now happily married to her. Something which neither the court biddies nor the press nor the world-wide Diana worshipers - that means you! - would have allowed forty years ago. Because she Wasn't Good Enough.

Diana was a gold-digger who had numerous affairs, flings, and let's not mince words here: f@%^ affairs, all through her so-called marriage. Innocence? Her? Come on! She was a Sloane Ranger! She'd had all holes stuffed by any comer a decade before she met Chaz, and if you do not believe that you are hopelessly naive.

Diana knew exactly what she was getting into, she was getting into it for the money and the glamour, and she never was and provedly did not give up the d&^#k game while being married.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:11
    @divegeester said
    Yup. We had something similar, though not nearly as long-lived, here in the Netherlands when prince Claus died.
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 20:27
    @divegeester said
    To be fair, I think 73 years (of marriage) is not typical of every other woman
    That is unusual, but I would think that every woman who has been living with her loved one for many years would feel a similar loss.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree