General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    13 Apr '18 17:33
    Why the kids are so messed up...

    YouTube
  2. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138473
    13 Apr '18 21:57
    analysis of nothing... zzzzzzzzzz
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525981
    14 Apr '18 12:13
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Why the kids are so messed up...

    [youtube]As8XkJNaHbs[/youtube]
    Elatives are always suspicious.
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7183
    14 Apr '18 18:13
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    Elatives are always suspicious.
    The Internet remains firnly unbroken.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    14 Apr '18 19:41
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    analysis of nothing... zzzzzzzzzz
    uh, the entire thing is an analysis...what, exactly, did you find to not be an analysis of why kids (millenials) are messed up?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35769
    15 Apr '18 03:34
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Why the kids are so messed up...

    [youtube]As8XkJNaHbs[/youtube]
    Just another opinion.

    The world is full of them, and the internet is full of them, and most of them mean nothing.

    And guess what? Yeah, everyone has one.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    15 Apr '18 04:35
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Just another opinion.

    The world is full of them, and the internet is full of them, and most of them mean nothing.

    And guess what? Yeah, everyone has one.
    that's alot of words without saying anything.

    What is YOUR opinion on why the kids are messed up. Or do you think they are just fine....perhaps you are one of the parents who've engaged in "failed parenting strategies"....?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35769
    15 Apr '18 13:11
    Originally posted by @uzless
    that's alot of words without saying anything.

    What is YOUR opinion on why the kids are messed up. Or do you think they are just fine....perhaps you are one of the parents who've engaged in "failed parenting strategies"....?
    I'm not a parent for a reason.

    And your question is not exactly a question I've asked myself, like ever.

    But I do know that 20 people in a room will have 20 different opinions. On any subject. People don't look to agree with anyone any more, and usually take offense when people don't. I don't have time for those people.
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138473
    15 Apr '18 13:23
    Originally posted by @uzless
    uh, the entire thing is an analysis...what, exactly, did you find to not be an analysis of why kids (millenials) are messed up?
    the kids are not messed up...
    humans are as humans have always been, a struggling, clueless animal intent on survival...
    the observed behaviors that may seem 'different' than what you or i have experienced is illusion, in that the struggles are exactly the same as has always been, only the names have changed...
    any chance for humans to break free of this circular uzlessness requires a focus that few are able to find, even as the search becomes frantic...

    i know my penchant for fewer words to describe that which i see does me no favors, as in most cases, i am not clear about exactly what i mean...

    the kids are alright, this analysis doesn't show me anything new,
    but,
    i am heartened by someone, anyone, banging a drum...
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    525981
    15 Apr '18 13:26
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    the kids are not messed up...
    humans are as humans have always been, a struggling, clueless animal intent on survival...
    the observed behaviors that may seem 'different' than what you or i have experienced is illusion, in that the struggles are exactly the same as has always been, only the names have changed...
    any chance for humans to break free of thi ...[text shortened]... alysis doesn't show me anything new,
    but,
    i am heartened by someone, anyone, banging a drum...
    I thumbed this one up.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7183
    15 Apr '18 13:50
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    the kids are not messed up...
    humans are as humans have always been, a struggling, clueless animal intent on survival...
    the observed behaviors that may seem 'different' than what you or i have experienced is illusion, in that the struggles are exactly the same as has always been, only the names have changed...
    When I look around me at the children I see (right now, waiting merrily for Chess to restart, but also the ones in my town), what I see is that almost all of them are just fine. No, it's the parents I worry about, and most of all the grumpy gits who complain about "the kids of today".
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Joined
    28 Mar '06
    Moves
    9908
    16 Apr '18 05:04
    Originally posted by @rookie54
    the kids are not messed up...
    well, i see students come in to my workplace every summer and I can tell you they are messed up. I remember when i was a student and our sense of entitlement was no where near their level, as the dude in the video points out correctly.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7183
    16 Apr '18 08:12
    Originally posted by @uzless
    I remember when i was a student and our sense of entitlement was no where near their level
    You mean, that chip didn't land on your shoulder until you were out of school?
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138473
    16 Apr '18 12:51
    Originally posted by @uzless
    well, i see students come in to my workplace every summer and I can tell you they are messed up. I remember when i was a student and our sense of entitlement was no where near their level, as the dude in the video points out correctly.
    you have an unparalleled opportunity during this (and future) teaching moments...
    toss this at those entitled brats,
    "ask not, what yer internship can do for you, ask what you can do for yer internship..."
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2365
    16 Apr '18 20:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Just another opinion.

    The world is full of them, and the internet is full of them, and most of them mean nothing.

    And guess what? Yeah, everyone has one.
    When my wife wants my opinion, she gives me one.
Back to Top