The ultimate chocolate bar competition.

The ultimate chocolate bar competition.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Jun 20
1 edit

@badradger said
Beer means Beer/light ale means light ale/ stout means stout/ lager means larger/ etc
Right, the one is not the other. They are distinguished.

So, don't you think it is useful to distinguish candy from chocolate, too? They are two different species of the genus confectionery.

Moves
22 Jun 20

@moonbus said
I understood you to mean chocolate bars, not candy bars.

Snickers, Mars, Bounty, and co. are candy, not chocolate, bars.

Yorkie, Hershey, Lindt, Toblerone are chocolate bars.
Ok, it’s the sun, the worse ‘news’paper in the uk but it makes the point Wolfgang already said, we don’t have ‘candy bar’, it’s a completely American term.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/9460722/chocolate-bars-ranked-from-worst-to-best/amp/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Jun 20

@moonbus said
Right, the one is not the other. They are distinguished.

So, don't you think it is useful to distinguish candy from chocolate, too? They are two different species of the genus confectionery.
what part of not inthe fukking UK do you not understand.....idiot.

Über-Nerd

Moves
22 Jun 20

@badradger said
what part of not inthe fukking UK do you not understand.....idiot.
What part of bitter is not lager do you not understand, plebeian?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jun 20

WOW...........Name calling and it isn't directed towards me!.........LOL.......

-VR

Über-Nerd

Moves
23 Jun 20

@Very-Rusty

I offer to disambiguate two things which are obviously different, and badradger says 'not in the UK'. Hilarious. So the UK wants to remain ambiguated. Maybe Britain should hold a referendum on that, 'should the UK remain ambiguated?'

So, Rusty, do tell: do Canadians know the difference between candy and chocolate, or are Canadians ambiguated?

SRB

Moves
23 Jun 20

@moonbus said
@Very-Rusty

I offer to disambiguate two things which are obviously different, and badradger says 'not in the UK'. Hilarious. So the UK wants to remain ambiguated. Maybe Britain should hold a referendum on that, 'should the UK remain ambiguated?'

So, Rusty, do tell: do Canadians know the difference between candy and chocolate, or are Canadians ambiguated?
Some in the UK realise that we cannot solve everything with the binary logic of Descartes. The placing of the Tunnock's bars with the biscuits and yet the Jaffa Cake within the biscuits and not the cakes does not in any way represent a mistake. It represents a culture steeped in history and tradition that must be studied in detail to be understood. You would be surprised what we have lived through to end up falling over pi$$ed on the Costa del Sol.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 20

@moonbus said
What part of bitter is not lager do you not understand, plebeian?
I know bitter is not lager u vvanker

Moves
23 Jun 20

@moonbus said
@Very-Rusty

We don't call it candy in the UK. We call them sweets. Sweets pretty much covers anything that isn't covered in chocolate. Everything else is chocolate. So what you would call candy bars we do call chocolate bars.

SRB

Moves
23 Jun 20

@badradger said
I know bitter is not lager u vvanker
And what of Mild or a pint of Mixed. Tradition, culture and warm beer with just a hint of the fluid from when the pipes were cleaned. Only when you have experienced these things can you truly classify chocolate.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jun 20

@petewxyz said
And what of Mild or a pint of Mixed. Tradition, culture and warm beer with just a hint of the fluid from when the pipes were cleaned. Only when you have experienced these things can you truly classify chocolate.
or a black & tan/snakebite/largertop/or the wifebeater.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Jun 20

@moonbus said
So, don't you think it is useful to distinguish candy from chocolate, too?
Yes useful.
But not used in UK or NZ.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Jun 20

@badradger said
or a black & tan/snakebite/largertop/or the wifebeater.
"Snakebite" ... had an argument with my wife recently about what that was!
She used to work in a bar.
I have some considerable knowledge of them.

She said it's strong cider and blackcurrant.
I said it's cider & lager.
We arm-wrestled and decided on cider/lager/blackcurant

SRB

Moves
23 Jun 20

@wolfgang59 said
"Snakebite" ... had an argument with my wife recently about what that was!
She used to work in a bar.
I have some considerable knowledge of them.

She said it's strong cider and blackcurrant.
I said it's cider & lager.
We arm-wrestled and decided on cider/lager/blackcurant
Sounds like your knowledge of drinks is better than your arm wrestling technique.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jun 20

@moonbus said
@Very-Rusty

I can not speak for all Canadians moonbus!

-VR