1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 16:38
    Here's the rules, list your 3 favorite chocolate bars and I will create a random knockout style tournament bracket from all the entrants in order to determine which chocolate bar is crowned the king of the chocolate bar land.

I'll create a poll for every chocolate bar match-up in order to determine which advances into the next round.
  2. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 16:42
    @trev33 said
    Here's the rules, list your 3 favorite chocolate bars and I will create a random knockout style tournament bracket from all the entrants in order to determine which chocolate bar is crowned the king of the chocolate bar land.

I'll create a poll for every chocolate bar match-up in order to determine which advances into the next round.
    Don't want to be picky but where do you stand on caramel coated wafers, types of toffees etc. Are we talking strict interpretation of chocolate bar or something more modern and laissez faire?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 16:48
    @trev33 said

1. Texas bar (No longer exists)
    2. Lion bar
    3. Twirl
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 16:48
    @petewxyz said
    Don't want to be picky but where do you stand on caramel coated wafers, types of toffees etc. Are we talking strict interpretation of chocolate bar or something more modern and laissez faire?
    If we could have a variety of chocolates to choose from, it would be easier. I don't know the English names, but a description would give me a clue what they are.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 16:52
    @petewxyz said
    If it has chocolate and it's in your top 3 in makes the tournament.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:05
    American Bars:
    - Heath
    - Hershey's Milk Chocolate
    - 100,000 Dollar
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:14
    @torunn said
    If we could have a variety of chocolates to choose from, it would be easier. I don't know the English names, but a description would give me a clue what they are.
    I shall provide you with descriptions and stories as well.

1. Tunnock's Caramel Bar. The wafer has just been softened to the right amount by the chewy but not too chewy caramel layers, all coated in chocolate. It's a decent sized chunky rectangular bar. This has been my half time bar for many years and a few years back in an early round of the league cup I found I was sat next to a Glasgow Rangers fan whose daughter lived in Liverpool. He worked for Tunnocks! I listened sympathetically as he told me about Rangers' relegation to the bottom tier of Scottish football. Turned out he had the same seat again for the next round of the cup and he turned up with a new version of the caramel bar in case we met again.

2. The Marks and Spencer's Belgian champagne truffle. A round chocolate coated truffle with better quality chocolate than the more familiar Thornton's version imo (apologies to Badradger). I discovered them when my wife was given some for her birthday and ended up helping her out more than she had intended (as I later discovered). I had previously only used M&S as my underwear tailor.

3. The Mars Bar. It's a cliche but this is just raw energy. A gorgeous mixture of chocolate and caramel which was the go to bar when I was a more serious runner. Big enough to make a real difference!
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:271 edit
    1. https://www.laderach.com/shop/en/catalog/product/view/id/252/s/blackberry/category/99/

When you've had this, you won't care about second or third place.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:29
    1. Bounty
    2. Club
    3. Picnic
  10. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:32
    1. Fry's chocolate cream
    2. Toblerone
    3. Star bar
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:32
    @torunn said
    Get your Swedish bars in, if I don't know a bar I'm going to google it and vote for the one which looks the best.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:36
    I ate them when I was younger but I don't really care for that kind of factory product these days.

So: none of the above. I don't even eat dark chocolate now.
  13. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:37
    @trev33 said
    Get your Swedish bars in, if I don't know a bar I'm going to google it and vote for the one which looks the best.
    There is a Swedish chocolate bar called Plopp. Just sayin'.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:45
    @wolfgang59 said
    1. Bounty
    2. Club
    3. Picnic
    Bounty?!

😴
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Jun '20 17:472 edits
    Don't be shy ask for a cherry blossom! πŸ˜‰ The Candy by the way not the flower! πŸ˜‰

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree