1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 10:34
    Originally posted by Trev33
    Nice, a lot of people around the world say they'd like to visit the north of Scotland or Ireland so for sure you picked a nice one. Would like to visit the north of Scotland myself someday... and go back to India, that was a cheap holiday.
    The Islands are the best me thinks, get a Caledonian MacBrayne Island hopper and if
    you are skint stay in youth hostels, or take a tent, but its soooo true Trev, i feel like i
    am becoming assimilated as a borg, half man/half machine, always plugged in, i need
    to go unplugged i think.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 17:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The Islands are the best me thinks, get a Caledonian MacBrayne Island hopper and if
    you are skint stay in youth hostels, or take a tent, but its soooo true Trev, i feel like i
    am becoming assimilated as a borg, half man/half machine, always plugged in, i need
    to go unplugged i think.
    Ah the 60's.🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 22:54
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Ah the 60's.🙂
    No joke, Scottish highlands are full of tourists on their motorcycles who tour with tents, many camp sites are excellent if you don't fancy roughing it in a field by the river, one also sees what you guys call motor homes, which to us are essentially hotels on wheels. 🙂
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    What's woderful. Not a word I'm familiar with
    I guess it means "full of woders" ...

I don't know what a woder is. Sounds German or something.
  5. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 20:29
    Originally posted by sumydid
    I guess it means "full of woders" ...

I don't know what a woder is. Sounds German or something.
    Our Trevor speaks a language all his own.
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 08:011 edit
    Did you go to Glen Nevis and do the rope bridge?

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/30454354@N06/2878734103/

has a beautiful waterfall at the end of the trail, this is the way all those mental people climb the back of Ben Nevis rather than do he tourist walk. The walk itself along the river is pretty enough.
    No. I was there with my four children and my mum- so we didn't do things like that. We saw a big re-enactment thing at Fort George, shopped, watched Brave, learnt to play Marriells in the museum and sight saw.

Is that you on that bridge rope??
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 08:051 edit
    Nice, a lot of people around the world say they'd like to visit the north of Scotland or Ireland so for sure you picked a nice one. Would like to visit the north of Scotland myself someday... and go back to India, that was a cheap holiday.
    What was India like, where there dead things in lakes!? Did you do any charity work?

I loved Ireland (my sister and I went to the south about 14y ago) and I have a friend in County Armah I'd like to visit. But passports are a problem, we could go to Scotland without them on Easyjet flights but it seams to be harder to fly accross to Ireland. Maybe a ferry would be better.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '12 08:59
    Originally posted by yo its me
    What was India like, where there dead things in lakes!? Did you do any charity work?

I loved Ireland (my sister and I went to the south about 14y ago) and I have a friend in County Armah I'd like to visit. But passports are a problem, we could go to Scotland without them on Easyjet flights but it seams to be harder to fly accross to Ireland. Maybe a ferry would be better.
    Armagh is in the uk, in fact if you fly to Belfast you can travel all around Ireland without a passport... just just need a normal ID to fly into Belfast with EasyJet or into to Derry with Ryanair. Train to Dublin from Belfast is £10, south is more expensive though.

India is really travel friendly, trains are comfortable and cheap, can travel across the country in a couple of days on them if you want. Food is probably amongst the best in the world, if not the best... people are curious, sometimes a little to friendly and sometimes a little rude but that's mostly a cultural thing.

Dead things in lakes? They have the ganges which is one of the dirtiest rivers on the planet, they use it for everything, to bury people, to wash themselves and clothes, i even saw someone brushing their teeth in the river... India is pretty crazy.

I planned to work at an orphange for 2 weeks but only stayed for 6 or 7 days, it was a mess. Did volunteer at a tea plantation for 2 weeks though which was nice, brought back some awesome tea as well and saw what goes into a tea bag 😲
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 07:26
    Armagh is in the uk, in fact if you fly to Belfast you can travel all around Ireland without a passport... just just need a normal ID to fly into Belfast with EasyJet or into to Derry with Ryanair. Train to Dublin from Belfast is £10, south is more expensive though.

India is really travel friendly, trains are comfortable and cheap, can travel across the c ...[text shortened]... hough which was nice, brought back some awesome tea as well and saw what goes into a tea bag 😲
    That's fantastic then. It didn't seam that easy before when I looked at going there, but maybe we only looked at Easyjet for Inverness. I think we'll go to Ireland in 2014 becasue I've already booked the holiday for next year (Pontins).

I will have to wait a while till I can go to India, but I definatly will. I have a feeling I don't want to know what's really in tea bags!?!! I like having loose leaves in my stump pot- probably a good thing! 😀
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 13:11
    No joke, Scottish highlands are full of tourists on their motorcycles who tour with tents, many camp sites are excellent if you don't fancy roughing it in a field by the river, one also sees what you guys call motor homes, which to us are essentially hotels on wheels. 🙂
    I wasn't joking. The roughing it by a stream/river sounds like heaven to me. We still do as much of that as we can.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 13:22
    Get out there and see it.
    woderful, just wonderful. 😉
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 13:45
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I wasn't joking. The roughing it by a stream/river sounds like heaven to me. We still do as much of that as we can.
    You guys in Canada are so blessed, you got huge big rivers that you can canoe down with your kit. I have a Canadian canoe but its a modern type, not the real thing made out of strip wood that you guys got, a ting of beauty for sure.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 15:17
    Making fun of typos is a nice hobby, when you don't have anything else worth saying. 😉
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 16:53
    Originally posted by yo its me
    That's fantastic then. It didn't seam that easy before when I looked at going there, but maybe we only looked at Easyjet for Inverness. I think we'll go to Ireland in 2014 becasue I've already booked the holiday for next year (Pontins).

I will have to wait a while till I can go to India, but I definatly will. I have a feeling I don't want to know what's ...[text shortened]... ally in tea bags!?!! I like having loose leaves in my stump pot- probably a good thing! 😀
    After seeing what goes in them i'm surprised they even taste like tea. Basically the leaves go through a bunch of processes with the different qualities of tea getting separated with the final 'tea' and anything else that happened to be on the floor and swept up and send to be put in tea bags.

Did Pontins used to be called Butlins?
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '12 17:00
    You guys in Canada are so blessed, you got huge big rivers that you can canoe down with your kit. I have a Canadian canoe but its a modern type, not the real thing made out of strip wood that you guys got, a ting of beauty for sure.
    25 years ago I got instructions from an outdoor magazine on how to build (from scratch) a cedarstrip canoe. It said that it would take "about" 26 hours to build. It's 25 years later and it's 95% finished. Isn't there a procrastination thread here somewhere? 🙂
    When we canoe we use a premade one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree