1. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:21
    I just played a game against a person who had never moved before the game I played with it. I suspect it is an "it" because it did superhuman moves on me and then stopped moving after our game. Do you think it could be a trial run account?
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:28
    Originally posted by Tygert
    I just played a game against a person who had never moved before the game I played with it. I suspect it is an "it" because it did superhuman moves on me and then stopped moving after our game. Do you think it could be a trial run account?
    I suspect the moves weren't superhuman at all and that you just got beat like a government mule.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:29
    It could be anything. If you suspect that you played a machine do an analysis of the moves and send feedback via the button on the bottom of the page.
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 May '13 18:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It could be anything. If you suspect that you played a machine do an analysis of the moves and send feedback via the button on the bottom of the page.
    So it can be ignored?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '13 21:43
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    I suspect the moves weren't superhuman at all and that you just got beat like a government mule.
    >smirk<
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 May '13 22:01
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    So it can be ignored?
    Anything can be ignored.

Just ignore it and it will go away ...
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 May '13 23:32
    It is reasonable to assume that some percentage of the games we play here are against computers.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 May '13 23:45
    Originally posted by JS357

It is reasonable to assume that some percentage of the games we play here are against computers?
    "Cheating with technology"

"Technology has been used by chess cheats in several ways. Perhaps the most common way is to use a chess program while playing chess remotely, e.g. on the Internet. Another type of cheating, with the aim of boosting one's rating on an Internet chess site, is to sign on with a different IP address and user name (a form of sockpuppetry) to play and lose against themselves. Electronic communication with an accomplice during face-to-face competitive chess is another reported type of cheating..." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_chess
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 May '13 23:51
    Oh God, they beat you?? They HAD to be cheating Mr. Kasparov. 😞
  10. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    09 May '13 00:021 edit
    In my experience I find that those who ridicule people who suspect their opponents of progging are probably progging themselves.

Just because you suspect someone is progging doesn't mean you think you're Kasparov.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 May '13 00:07
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    In my experience I find that those who ridicule people who suspect their opponents of progging are probably progging themselves.
    More so those that run around accusing, but believe what you will numbnuts.
  12. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    09 May '13 00:09
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    More so those that run around accusing, but believe what you will numbnuts.
    Thanks for giving me permission, cowgirl
  13. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    09 May '13 14:221 edit
    I'm guessing this is the game you're talking about Game 9989435.

I don't see any "super human moves" black played very naturally. White played a very poor opening and got punished for it.

It is probably best if you don't accuse others of cheating when they beat you convincingly.
  14. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    09 May '13 15:57
    Thanks. Will do this if I can work out how to use the engine!
  15. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    09 May '13 18:20
    Thanks. Will do this if I can work out how to use the engine!
    Why bother? The player wasn't cheating and has left the site anyway. Use your head, kid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree