General Forum

General Forum

  1. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42153
    22 May '17 13:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does "the vote Difference for California" have to do with "Most votes wins the election"?
    Because if my memory serves (no guarantee), the college system was put in place to prevent the most populous states controlling power.
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30152
    22 May '17 13:26
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Because if my memory serves (no guarantee), the college system was put in place to prevent the most populous states controlling power.
    What does how populous a state is have to do with the people who happen to live there and who cast votes for the people they want?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12814
    22 May '17 14:06
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    1. Simple majority to elect President.

    2. Reduced powers for President.

    3. Independent Boundaries Commission to sort out gerrymandering.
    No, what needs addressed is Congress first.

    Congress gave the President term limits citing corruption as the reason for the need for term limits, however, they never set any for themselves.

    The problem is, Congress is the one who passes laws, so it is a pipe dream to think they would do it to themselves. The only way to get it done Is the Article V movement. In the process they can do other things to curtail the increasing powers in the Federal government that are routinely abused.
  4. Subscriberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Joined
    12 Oct '05
    Moves
    42153
    22 May '17 20:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does how populous a state is have to do with the people who happen to live there and who cast votes for the people they want?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=college+voting+system
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30152
    23 May '17 00:03
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Because if my memory serves (no guarantee), the college system was put in place to prevent the most populous states controlling power.
    I'm not interested in a link to the interwebz. I'm more interested in what you have to say about what you said. What is it about the people who live in California ~ and whose wishes are those of the majority ~ that means their votes should count for less than people who live within some other administrative boundaries ~ and whose wishes are in the minority?
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30152
    23 May '17 00:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Congress gave the President term limits citing corruption as the reason for the need for term limits, however, they never set any for themselves.
    Tackle corruption by all means, but term limits surely restrict democratic choice. I don't want to be told 'X has represented you before, you want X to represent you again, but you are not allowed to choose X because X is not allowed to represent you anymore'.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    93673
    23 May '17 03:14
    Originally posted by JS357
    Each of us could begin by being kinder.
    and less greedy, materialistic ..
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    93673
    23 May '17 03:18
    Originally posted by apathist
    Warlord, but you offered some other stuff I'm too drujnk too figure out right now. I don't like you to disrespect women.
    .. man ... I haven't been drunk since I drank bourbon ... so jealous ...
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36355
    23 May '17 08:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Population arms itself. Bricks itself in. One strike and you're out (and so build more prisons). Downward pressure on poor and middle class incomes so as not to demotivate them. Upward pressure on the incomes of the wealthy so as not to demotivate them. Allow rubbish food to be fed to children in schools. Restrict access to healthcare for unhealthy people who ar ...[text shortened]... ts who shout questions out at elected officials in public places. Not necessarily in this order.
    These are the worst ideas I've ever heard.

    But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    48791
    23 May '17 08:27
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    These are the worst ideas I've ever heard.

    But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.
    hook
    line
    and
    sinker
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30152
    23 May '17 08:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Originally posted by FMF
    Population arms itself. Bricks itself in. One strike and you're out (and so build more prisons). Downward pressure on poor and middle class incomes so as not to demotivate them. Upward pressure on the incomes of the wealthy so as not to demotivate them. Allow rubbish food to be fed to children in schools. Restrict access to healthcare for unhealthy people who are impecunious. Frame the environment, legally, as an entity with human rights and then protect its right to be polluted. Defund any projects around the world that have the word 'woman' in the title. Prosecute journalists who shout questions out at elected officials in public places. Not necessarily in this order.

    Originally posted by Suzianne
    These are the worst ideas I've ever heard. But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.

    Something is bothering you about my post?
  12. SubscriberFMF
    Studying God figures
    Human Condition East
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30152
    23 May '17 08:291 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    hook
    line
    and
    sinker
    hook
    line
    and
    sinker
    hiss
    fumble
    swish
    and
    miss
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Hero of the masses
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    21110
    23 May '17 11:271 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    These are the worst ideas I've ever heard.

    But what's bothering me isn't the stupid ideas in your post. It's that so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.
    Why are you making out his 'ideas' were anything other than ironic?

    And I struggle to locate the 2 people you say agreed with these ironic comments. (The thumbs up are more likely in appreciation of the irony).
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36355
    23 May '17 23:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Population arms itself. Bricks itself in. One strike and you're out (and so build more prisons). Downward pressure on poor and middle class incomes so as not to demotivate them. Upward pressure on the incomes of the wealthy so as not to demotivate them. Allow rubbish food to be fed to children in schools. Restrict access to he ...[text shortened]... so far, 2 people have actually agreed with you.


    Something is bothering you about my post?[/b]
    You can read, yes?

    I told you what bothered me about your post if you'd care to read it before 'auto-sneering' it.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    36355
    23 May '17 23:31
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why are you making out his 'ideas' were anything other than ironic?

    And I struggle to locate the 2 people you say agreed with these ironic comments. (The thumbs up are more likely in appreciation of the irony).
    Are you saying that people might 'thumb-up' the poster instead of the content of the post?

    I was clear about what I was reacting to. 'Auto-sneer' doesn't really look that good on you.
Back to Top