General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    13 Jan '16 05:452 edits
    Originally posted by coquette
    Amazingly successful thread
    Yet so short lived
    Is there a next show
    A page 2
    An encore?
    “A quiet conscience makes one strong!” ―Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2512
    13 Jan '16 06:50
    Originally posted by coquette
    Amazingly successful thread
    Yet so short lived
    Is there a next show
    A page 2
    An encore?
    Thanks for being here, croquette. You grace this site.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    12443
    13 Jan '16 17:35
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Dear Sir,

    May it come to your attention that free leaflets are free. As we have made zero profit on them, we are happy to transfer to your numbered Swiss bank account the sum of 0% of our profit on the free leaflets. Just fill in the attached forms in triplicate, notarized, citing your authorization etc. etc.

    Yours,

    The Swiss Bankers' Association
    ...[text shortened]... maintaining your Swiss bank account.

    PPS Would you care to receive one of our free flealets?
    Dear sir,

    We acknowledge our administrative error in billing you for the distribution of your free leaflets. We note however, in your last correspondence, that you offered to send us one of your free 'flealets.'
    You are hereby notified that is a criminal act to 'let out fleas' without first notifying the Inland Revenue. We therefore inform you of the penalty charge of £1200 which we ask you to forward at your earliest convenience.

    Yours,

    Chief Tax Officer
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2512
    13 Jan '16 19:37
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Dear sir,

    We acknowledge our administrative error in billing you for the distribution of your free leaflets. We note however, in your last correspondence, that you offered to send us one of your free 'flealets.'
    You are hereby notified that is a criminal act to 'let out fleas' without first notifying the Inland Revenue. We therefore inform you of ...[text shortened]... f £1200 which we ask you to forward at your earliest convenience.

    Yours,

    Chief Tax Officer
    Dear Sir,

    We hereby acknowledge a grievous typographical error which unintentionally occurred in our previous correspondence. This was due to a fault in the speech recognition software on our recently upgraded-to-Windows-10 computer. We kindly ask you to forward your claim to Redmond Calif.

    Yours most sincerely,

    The Swiss Banker


    PS The offer of three teapots still stands.

    PPS Excuse the typographical error. That should have been freak tree snots.

    PPPS We are rolling back to Windows 8.1 forthwith.

    PPPPS If you should require a numbered bank account free of service fees, we are at your disposal.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Jan '16 01:38
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Thanks for being here, croquette. You grace this site.
    Ever read @coquette's Red Hot Pawn Profile?
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2512
    14 Jan '16 02:01
    I have now.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    14 Jan '16 02:17
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I have now.
    It epitomizes your comment: "You grace this site."
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    14 Jan '16 03:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    It epitomizes your comment: "You grace this site."
    Thanks for being here, Bobby.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    958714
    16 Jan '16 01:48
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Thanks for being here, croquette. You grace this site.
    Thank you, kind chess friend
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    958714
    16 Jan '16 01:50
    So much civility and dignity
    A new leaf
    Indeed
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    12443
    16 Jan '16 08:36
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Dear Sir,

    We hereby acknowledge a grievous typographical error which unintentionally occurred in our previous correspondence. This was due to a fault in the speech recognition software on our recently upgraded-to-Windows-10 computer. We kindly ask you to forward your claim to Redmond Calif.

    Yours most sincerely,

    The Swiss Banker


    PS The offer of ...[text shortened]... PPS If you should require a numbered bank account free of service fees, we are at your disposal.
    Dear sir,

    We, at the Tax Office, are very much impressed at your tenacity and are prepared to overlook your preoccupation with tea pots. Further, we would like to headhunt you into the Inland Revenue and offer you a lucrative position and salary. In order for us to process your paperwork,....please forward a cheque for £1200 at your earliest convenience.

    Yours,

    Chief Tax Officer
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 Jan '16 19:57
    Originally posted by coquette
    So much civility and dignity
    A new leaf
    Indeed
    Thanks in part to you.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89491
    16 Jan '16 20:01
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Thanks for being here, Bobby.
    You grace this site Andy. God bless you and your posts.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    2512
    17 Jan '16 00:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Dear sir,

    We, at the Tax Office, are very much impressed at your tenacity and are prepared to overlook your preoccupation with tea pots. Further, we would like to headhunt you into the Inland Revenue and offer you a lucrative position and salary. In order for us to process your paperwork,....please forward a cheque for £1200 at your earliest convenience.

    Yours,

    Chief Tax Officer
    Dear Sir,

    It appears that you are desperately hard up to raise 1200 pounds. (Accumulated Dartford Tunnel crossings, perhaps? Well, none of our business, really.)

    We would be happy to extend to you a credit for 1200 pounds at an interest rate of 12% per annum (you seem to like twelves).

    Pay us back whenever you should return to solvency; we’re not in a hurry. We do ask, however, that you make payments in gold sovereigns.

    Yours,

    The Swiss Banker

    PS The free leaflets are still free.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    12443
    18 Jan '16 21:15
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Dear Sir,

    It appears that you are desperately hard up to raise 1200 pounds. (Accumulated Dartford Tunnel crossings, perhaps? Well, none of our business, really.)

    We would be happy to extend to you a credit for 1200 pounds at an interest rate of 12% per annum (you seem to like twelves).

    Pay us back whenever you should return to solvency; we’re not in ...[text shortened]... yments in gold sovereigns.

    Yours,

    The Swiss Banker

    PS The free leaflets are still free.
    🙂 Think i'll just take the leaflet.
Back to Top