twice

Subscribermlb62
General 20 Apr '20 15:27
  1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 00:04
    @wolfgang59 said
    I saw something the other a day - an expert, saying that it wasn't known what
    level of immunity if any, survivors would have. I found that rather worrying.
    Why was it so worrying when the virus didn't exist 5 months ago? Give them time to work it out.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 00:201 edit
    @petewxyz said
    I think I have it too. I have had it for six weeks now. I expect a few of us are going through it so I don't mind talking about. I'll share some detail below so don't read on if you don't like that but it isn't that bad what I have had!

I seem to have the biphasic pattern that is being described so I keep feeling pretty much recovered, sometimes for most of the day now, t ...[text shortened]... ning about it. I only had one week where there were flu like aches and pains and they weren't often.
    I also think I've had it, about 4 weeks ago it started with a mild sore throat then starting coughing a couple of days later with chest tightness, found it hard to breathe at times but wasn't so bad. That lasted for about a week, thought it was gone then a couple of days later had a fever and cough which was much worse than before. Woke up the next morning and was other than coughing at times still felt completely fine and have done since.

Wasn't tested either but never had anything like that before, felt like my chest was under attack so can only assume it was covid. I had a regular flu a few weeks beforehand so already my chest was recovering, guess was more susceptible to new viruses.

Edit: I think you should be drinking more water. I usually drink a lot anyway but found myself drinking more when I felt sick, 5/6 pints a days probably, maybe why I recovered quite quickly. Was two weeks from the start of the symptoms to all but a lingering cough which 4 weeks later is also pretty much gone.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 08:241 edit
    @trev33 said
    I also think I've had it, about 4 weeks ago it started with a mild sore throat then starting coughing a couple of days later with chest tightness, found it hard to breathe at times but wasn't so bad. That lasted for about a week, thought it was gone then a couple of days later had a fever and cough which was much worse than before. Woke up the next morning and was other than c ...[text shortened]... the start of the symptoms to all but a lingering cough which 4 weeks later is also pretty much gone.
    Thanks Trev, that is good advice. Although it seems to be very different for different people the bit that stands out is the way you get the false sense of total recovery only for it to come back full force like you describe. I never came across a virus illness that could do that and it seems pretty distinctive. I think that's the bit that they are now referring to as biphasic. So if anybody has it and they get to that bit don't do anything to celebrate your recovery take it really easy and wait a good few days as your body may well still be fighting the virus!
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    21 Apr '20 08:501 edit
    @trev33 said
    Edit: I think you should be drinking more water. I usually drink a lot anyway but found myself drinking more when I felt sick, 5/6 pints a days probably, maybe why I recovered quite quickly. Was two weeks from the start of the symptoms to all but a lingering cough which 4 weeks later is also pretty much gone.
    BTW I should have said the two pints of water I kept sipping was extra, on top of my usual drinking with meals etc. Trev is right that would definitely not be enough on it's own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree