1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 21:10
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Collection please for Great Big Stees,

give generously now please thank you.

This money is for a TV to keep him out of the bedroom.
    Please no TV just books (my tastes are very eclectic although I do lean towards non-fiction)...ta.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '13 23:06
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees

Please no TV just books (my tastes are very eclectic although I do lean towards non-fiction)...ta.
    "The phenomenon to say one has "an eclectic taste in music" --meaning they
    like "all" music--when in actuality they like no music.

John: I like to think I have an eclectic taste in music.
    Jane: But you can't name any albums that have come out in the last year?

John: Yeah, what's your point?
    Jane: You like no music--you have eclectic ambivalence.

(Urban Dictionary)
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 01:25
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "The phenomenon to say one has "an eclectic taste in music" --meaning they
    like "all" music--when in actuality they like no music.

WHAT RUBBISH

Even with the internet at your finger tips you still screw up!

Eclectic - Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles

You looked at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eclectic%20taste
    Which has the grand total of 19 thumbs up .... and 28 thumbs down!
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 01:33
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    WHAT RUBBISH

Even with the internet at your finger tips you still screw up!

Eclectic - Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles

You looked at http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eclectic%20taste
    Which has the grand total of 19 thumbs up .... and 28 thumbs down!
    Must have looked at it 'In the moonlight'.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 02:20
    Must have looked at it 'In the moonlight'.
    You can't please all of the people all of the time.

So, best you can do is just please yourself.

Everything else will fall into place. 😉
  6. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 02:402 edits
    Originally posted by ale1552
    I had two sons and two daughters. All good kids, but the girls are as different as night from day. Had three sisters, no brothers. Each of us were so different that you would not imagine we could have had the same parents. Even our coloring. Sister #1: petite, blonde, green-eyes, quiet.
    Sister # 2: slender, medium brown curly hair, hazel eyes. never s ...[text shortened]... ter #4: (Me) Tallest, slender, mahogony wavy hair, blue eyes, quiet until I got away from home.
    Your Father had 4 daughters including you. I hope there's no offense, but did it ever occur to you that dear ol' Dad tried 4 times to have a son and then finally just gave up? 🙂

I have a sister and a half Sister and half Brother. My sister is the spittin' image of my Mom. I'm not just saying that. I mean, if they were put side by side at the same age, you would think they were identical twins. Had another half Brother but he died the same year my Mom did, back when I was just 3. I remember neither of them.

Interestingly, the 3 of us who share the same Father (my living half Brother included) we have a whole bunch in common; our most pronounced common link is our quick wit and sense of humor. My Father's genes dominated in the mix. What did I get from my Mother? Alcoholic tendencies (not full-blown) and strong emotions. Mom came from a long line of alcoholics who wear their emotions on their sleeve. 🙂
  7. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    12 Jan '13 04:00
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Your Father had 4 daughters including you. I hope there's no offense, but did it ever occur to you that dear ol' Dad tried 4 times to have a son and then finally just gave up? 🙂

I have a sister and a half Sister and half Brother. My sister is the spittin' image of my Mom. I'm not just saying that. I mean, if they were put side by side at the same ag ...[text shortened]... ions. Mom came from a long line of alcoholics who wear their emotions on their sleeve. 🙂
    Yes, I was obviously a great disappointment until I proved that I was an exceptional child. 😀
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 15:02

Yes, I was obviously a great disappointment until I proved that I was an exceptional child. 😀
    What was he thinking? What was it in his own family that caused him to be bent that way?

You could have survived the Titanic by swimming to shore with the Captain in tow.
  9. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 19:53
    What was he thinking? What was it in his own family that caused him to be bent that way?

You could have survived the Titanic by swimming to shore with the Captain in tow.
    I might be strong in many ways, but....(whispers...I never have learned how to swim)😳
  10. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 20:16
    I might be strong in many ways, but....(whispers...I never have learned how to swim)😳
    When I was a child, I used to spend the summer holidays with my grandmother in the countryside, with farms all around. The farmers' children never learnt how to swim because summer was the busiest time of the year and nobody had time to take the kids to the lake. If they ever learnt how to swim, they did so as adults.
  11. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 20:24
    Originally posted by lolof
    When I was a child, I used to spend the summer holidays with my grandmother in the countryside, with farms all around. The farmers' children never learnt how to swim because summer was the busiest time of the year and nobody had time to take the kids to the lake. If they ever learnt how to swim, they did so as adults.
    That was part of the reason that many ND kids did not learn to swim. The sloughs were too shallow, and they did not have time. When I moved to the Puget Sound area, I did learn to tread water in the salt water bays, but was always afraid to stick my head under water.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 05:12

All the ponds too far away or frozen over?
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 05:16
    Understanding the opposite sex.

I don't think it is possible...Just know when to say yes dear, & no dear if you're male.

I think we all have an understanding the women are in charge. 😉
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 05:31
    I have boys and girls. Guess who comes play some cards.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 16:35
    Originally posted by apathist
    I have boys and girls. Guess who comes play some cards.
    Both, I'd assume.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree