1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 21:36
    Originally posted by A*hitaka
    The Vatican city was given to the papacy by Mussolini, far from god.

Italy isn't the holy land.

Latin isn't the holy language.

The pope is elected by men, not god.

The Vatican city is such an obscene show of wealth I felt ill in st Peter's basilica. No spiritual feelings in that entire monstrosity.

In short, Catholicism is a farce and fa ...[text shortened]... e can't forget it). You won't succeed in changing anyone's feelings about the day or "morality".
    Actually the points that vendervelde makes are on topic and present an alternative view.
  2. RSA
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 21:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually the points that vendervelde makes are on topic and present an alternative view.
    Nobody likes lessons in morals from one of the most immoral institutions in all of history: the Catholic church, who have killed hundreds of millions of people throughout history and continue to support discrimination against people like me.

That he has the gall to preach morality about "love" and "real love" after posting that horrific thread about weird sexual fantasies is quite astounding.

They are an alternative but hypocritical view.

On the other hand we know who thumbed his up for the third time and who thumbed mine down for the third time.
  3. RSA
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 21:45
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Ash believes Catholics burn dissenters at the stake. And not only on Ash Wednesday.
    Yeah. That's about the total of it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 21:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 21:57
    Originally posted by A*hitaka
    Nobody likes lessons in morals from one of the most immoral institutions in all of history: the Catholic church, who have killed hundreds of millions of people throughout history and continue to support discrimination against people like me.

That he has the gall to preach morality about "love" and "real love" after posting that horrific thread about wei ...[text shortened]... hand we know who thumbed his up for the third time and who thumbed mine down for the third time.
    thats fine but it is the place for it and your contention was that he spoiled the thread where infact he introduced an intellectual element to it.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 22:37
    I bought my wife a brand new comforter with matching pillows and pillow cases. When she got up to shower, I remade her bed, put flowers, a card and peanut-butter wafers on plate for her on the bed. I also bought (I think they're called "throw blankets"; blankets that you just wear around the house like on couch) that was made of really soft material and feels good on the skin.

The roses I bought her were dyed this sort of navy blue color. She gave two of them to my four-year-old to give to his teachers for V-day (she also helped him make cards for his classmates). The female faculty at the school seemed to really like them.

I also bought her a handheld-charger, simply because I saw them on my way to the register. I figured she'd like the thought of being able to recharge her phone without needing to plug into a wall. It was only $2.99.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 22:41
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    For some reason every time I try to quote and reply to the post above I am warned that offensive posting is not allowed?

I looked up Single AF and discover that it means menstruation.
    AF = as fck

What you found online was probably a joke, indicating that women are single during their menstruation.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 23:07
    Time is too slow for those who wait,
    too swift for those who fear,
    too long for those who grieve,
    too short for those who rejoice,
    but for those who love, time is eternity.

~ Henry Van Dyke
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 23:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 02:42
    and the thread returns to mush, thanks Andrew πŸ˜€
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 02:52
    and the thread returns to mush, thanks Andrew πŸ˜€
    Love conquers all.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 06:53
    “...love is as much an art as painting or living; it requires practice, finesse, determination, humility, energy and delicacy.”
    ―from THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF LOVE by Hannah Rothschild
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 07:071 edit
    thats fine but it is the place for it and your contention was that he spoiled the thread where infact he introduced an intellectual element to it.
    If he's an intellectual, then you, sir, are a jackass.

Actually, you're a jackass whether or not he's an intellectual.

His post was clearly offensive. Why you can't see that, I couldn't say. It might have something to do with you being a jackass.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 07:12
    Originally posted by Ash
    Suzianne I was quoting him from a few months back.

I didn't say anything bad about women to my knowledge...

I don't swing that way anyway, so I doubt I would be talking about what type of woman I prefer.
    I'm sorry that I misunderstood your post, it didn't immediately occur to me that you were just quoting him. I never saw his original message.

Sheesh, I think I need new reading glasses. That's twice now in one month I misinterpreted a post.

(And I did answer this earlier at work, but I forgot about shortening your name and got the warning, but I was on my phone and couldn't easily copy and paste to a new message so I just said "screw it, I'll wait 'til I get home". )
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '17 07:15
    Like 'alternative facts', right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree