General Forum

General Forum

  1. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    15 Feb '17 12:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I didn't say he was an intellectual snowflake, I said his argument was. Perhaps if you manage to divorce the proposer from their argument you may do better, but it seems that a few swing and misses is really the pinnacle of your forum contributions these days.
    Your defense reminds me on an episode of comic, hugely popular in Yugoslavia, "Alan Ford". In that episode, a lawyer defended someone in court:
    - Look at him. It's difficult to tell him from hypopotam's baby, his eyes belongs to a gorilla, he's obvious a nenderthtal, he is short as moouse, and ugly as an elephant man, but still, he couldn't kill anybody, mercy for him.
  2. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    15 Feb '17 12:16
    As Gustaff Mahler said on love:
    Love, like chess, like punk rock, has the power to make men happy.
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '17 13:27
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Your defense reminds me on an episode of comic, hugely popular in Yugoslavia, "Alan Ford". In that episode, a lawyer defended someone in court:
    - Look at him. It's difficult to tell him from hypopotam's baby, his eyes belongs to a gorilla, he's obvious a nenderthtal, he is short as moouse, and ugly as an elephant man, but still, he couldn't kill anybody, mercy for him.
    😀
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    11621
    15 Feb '17 16:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    😀
    Did you manage to give you good wife a whole box of chocolates this year old chap?
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '17 16:283 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Did you manage to give you good wife a whole box of chocolates this year old chap?
    Sorry I'm with Vandervelde on this issue, its a commercialized devil worshiping sacrifice to mammon which destroys the very fabric of society due to its decadence! One cannot trust the Americans with anything, they have no sense of good taste. 😵
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    15 Feb '17 16:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry I'm with Vandervelde on this issue, its a commercialized devil worshiping sacrifice to mammon which destroys the very fabric of society due to its decadence! One cannot trust the Americans with anything, they have no sense of good taste. 😵
    Harsh but fair.
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    15 Feb '17 16:56
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    Happy lady too!

    Well done to you and the other romantics here.
    Thanks for praise.
    You got to love Shell.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    11621
    15 Feb '17 17:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Sorry I'm with Vandervelde on this issue, its a commercialized devil worshiping sacrifice to mammon which destroys the very fabric of society due to its decadence! One cannot trust the Americans with anything, they have no sense of good taste. 😵
    So, on principle, you bought a box of chocolates and ate them yourself?
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 Feb '17 19:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So, on principle, you bought a box of chocolates and ate them yourself?
    Lol busted again! 😵
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    15 Feb '17 19:24
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    As Gustaff Mahler said on love:
    [b]Love, like chess, like punk rock, has the power to make men happy.
    [/b]
    Gustav Mahler, in his good fortune, never knew from punk rock.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    15 Feb '17 20:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We don't do "Valentine's Day" in our house.
    "We".

    You mean "you".
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    11621
    15 Feb '17 20:491 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "We".

    You mean "you".
    In fairness, Dive doesn't believe in altruism. 🙂


    (If I didn't do Valentine's day in my house, i'd be in the shed).
  13. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8962
    15 Feb '17 20:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "We".

    You mean "you".
    LOL that's a great one.
    But don't forget her house was filled with dear chums over Christmas
    and she only had time to pour scorn on everyone here 200 times a day.
Back to Top