1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 12:38
    @moonbus said
    @Executioner-Brand

I friend of mine smoked for years, tried to ease out by vaping. His advice: go cold turkey.
    I wholeheartedly agree. That's how I did it after many decades of smoking. But having said that, what works for one may not for another and often doesn't. Just do whatever works because smoking is a very hard addiction to kick and often the way you do kick it takes time and a "never (pun intended) quit trying". BTW to help me, I announced to all my co-workers (smoking when I quit, was still allowed in most, if not all places) "here is my last package of cigarettes, this is my last cigarette and finally this is my last puff". The rest, as they say, is history. That was about 35+years ago.
  2. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 18:40
    @ava2699 said
    Cannabis now can be the next Alternative medicine that can relief pains, lessen the seizures and can be infused in your dishes, I tried frozen yogurt infused cannabis before and it really tastes good! and now, there’s new and something interesting! On the other hand, Ingesting Cannabis has a side effect that can lead you addiction because of its high dosage that you’ll never ...[text shortened]... le and learning that there are many kinds of cannabis or kylekushman.com/topic/co2-ppm-growth-rates/
    Yeah, vaping weed could be a safer way to take it for medicinal purposes that isn't exposing the user to CO and more likely... cancer.
  3. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 18:441 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I wholeheartedly agree. That's how I did it after many decades of smoking. But having said that, what works for one may not for another and often doesn't. Just do whatever works because smoking is a very hard addiction to kick and often the way you do kick it takes time and a "never (pun intended) quit trying". BTW to help me, I announced to all my co-workers (smoking ...[text shortened]... e and finally this is my last puff". The rest, as they say, is history. That was about 35+years ago.
    I'm sticking to the plan. I've been over a week without a dirty cigarette so I already are like a person given up. No extravagant costs. I go from spending $100-$130 a week to $20 for near a month(in costs).

Congrats on giving up but you didn't have these options available to you 35 years ago. Options that make quitting a lot easier.
  4. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 18:56
    wake, vape n bake. Life is good.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 20:17
    @executioner-brand said
    Yeah, vaping weed could be a safer way to take it for medicinal purposes that isn't exposing the user to CO and more likely... cancer.
    Thread reminder, Cannabis use is linked to drug-induced psychosis.

'Episodes of substance-induced psychosis are common in emergency departments and crisis centers. There are many precipitating substances, including alcohol, amphetamines, cannabis, cocaine, hallucinogens, opioids, phencyclidine (PCP), and sedative/hypnotics.'

https://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/professional/psychiatric-disorders/schizophrenia-and-related-disorders/substance-medication%E2%80%93induced-psychotic-disorder
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 21:03
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

'Episodes of substance-induced psychosis are common in emergency departments and crisis centers. There are many precipitating substances, including alcohol, amphetamines, cannabis, cocaine, hallucinogens, opioids, phencyclidine (PCP), and sedative/hypnotics.'

https://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/pr ...[text shortened]... isorders/schizophrenia-and-related-disorders/substance-medication%E2%80%93induced-psychotic-disorder
    Yea, it is all bad for a person for sure!

-VR
  7. Joined
    28 Jun '19
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 15:023 edits
    I'm not a pro vaper, but I use pod systems for a quite long period of time. I have a couple or three friends using e-nicotine and no one has complains about his health or the health of his family, pets, etc. I think it's the most suitable cigarette alternative. As for the places where to buy pod kits, I use the store (link attached) for buying supplies. Any other vapers out there?[gid]http://mygadget.us/[/gid]
  8. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 15:286 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

https://www.msdmanuals.com/en-gb/pr ...[text shortened]... isorders/schizophrenia-and-related-disorders/substance-medication%E2%80%93induced-psychotic-disorder
    When I first ended up in the mental health court my psychiatrist said amongst having links to terrorists stated I was growing and smoking my own weed, clearly stating to the judge it was the cause of schizophrenia. It wasn't mine and drug tests in the mental hospital(I found out the results whilst representing myself in court) confirmed this or harder drugs I have never taken which could easily cause mental disturbances.. Since then I have used weed to medicate the forced medication, akin to a cancer patient going through chemotherapy, to make it more bearable... always stating I have done well. Basically, from the facts they believed, psychiatrists have confirmed to me weed is beneficial. Today I don't have any and as usual, in my current circumstances, I am awake at 3am with the trucks due to the real effects of noise sensitivity as a result of traumatic brain injury which despite beliefs cannot be successfully treated with schizophrenia drugs. Marijuana changes that because it promotes sleep so for me it is beneficial.
  9. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 15:377 edits
    2 weeks today without a smoke. Another 2 weeks and I decrease the dosage as I don't see any advantage to smoking cigs or vaping nicotine. It is just a dirty habit which will be removed(fingers crossed) like when I gave up alcohol 3 years ago. Weed is illegal here and you cannot buy supplies for vaping. If it became legal(which I'm sure it will) I would look into buying cannabis products for vaping. With the $100+ extra this week I went to a police auction and brought 2 pushbikes. One I have used for parts for my bike and another mountain bike I will give to my 9 year old nephew when he comes to stay.

srry. 7 edits. I keep finding mistakes and adding bits due the poor sleep.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 17:07
    @Executioner-Brand

CBD and THC affect sleep in different ways. (Both components of cannabis) - THC is psychoactive (gives you the high) while CBD doesn’t have such an effect. Strains therefore of cannabis that are high in CBD versus THC may actually have the opposite effect and damaged quality of sleep.

Also, if you are taking cannabis to sleep you are probably inhibiting REM which is actually a really important part of sleep that comes at the end of the sleep cycle. You will not be surprised to hear that I recommend caution.
  11. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 17:222 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @Executioner-Brand

CBD and THC affect sleep in different ways. (Both components of cannabis) - THC is psychoactive (gives you the high) while CBD doesn’t have such an effect. Strains therefore of cannabis that are high in CBD versus THC may actually have the opposite effect and damaged quality of sleep.

Also, if you are taking cannabis to sleep you are probably ...[text shortened]... hat comes at the end of the sleep cycle. You will not be surprised to hear that I recommend caution.
    I don't care what you think or believe. It doesn't walk with the truth.

Smoking weed could also help you sleep as it would help you with the psychological problems of ruining so many lives.

Psychiatry no longer promotes smoking to mental health patients, even giving it helps you relax. Why is that? Death is more important then 'feeling' relaxed.
  12. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 17:241 edit
    @mogleygull said
    I'm not a pro vaper, but I use pod systems for a quite long period of time. I have a couple or three friends using e-nicotine and no one has complains about his health or the health of his family, pets, etc. I think it's the most suitable cigarette alternative. As for the places where to buy pod kits, I use the store (link attached) for buying supplies. Any other vapers out there?[gid]http://mygadget.us/[/gid]
    Why pay for something that doesn't benefit you, even if it is cheaper today given it isn't taxed for health problems that are currently unknown. To look cool!?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 17:35
    @executioner-brand said
    I don't care what you think or believe. It doesn't walk with the truth.

Smoking weed could also help you sleep as it would help you with the psychological problems of ruining so many lives.
    Your 'truth' isn't the truth for everybody. That's the point. For some people, cannabis can aggravate rather than aid sleep problems.

You are naive to think otherwise.
  14. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 17:362 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

it benefits me, unlike schizophrenia medications used to treat TBI.

one of my friends under the mental health act recently killed himself with a drug overdose. they were saving him from schizophrenia with big pharma drugs and ignored a serious drug problem probably caused by people like you forcing medications which do not help his situation, despite your ongoing beliefs.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '19 17:37
    @executioner-brand said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

it benefits me.
    Are you everybody?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree