1. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 23:39
    @executioner-brand said
    I started vaping near a week ago. Haven't had a normal smoke in 4 days now which feels real strange for me after 30 years every day. I already notice breathing becoming easier as the dangerous CO levels they(the quit smoking clinic) test for decreases.

The idea is to switch to vaping(done) and then give that up which isn't an established addiction like 30 years of smoking.

Has anyone else had success using a vape to quit this disgusting habit?
    Just shove a fag in your gob and chill.
  2. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 00:25
  3. Standard memberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 00:40
    I understand smoking looks stupid and is unhealthy but sucking on a machine that looks like a miniature vacuum looks much worse.

Everyone dies.
    Why quit smoking?
    I've seen old people have problems just walking...why live like that?
    "Hi grandpa how are you?"
    "I'm 74 and I woke up this morning and realized I crapped in the bed"

No thanks.
    I'd rather die at an age where I haven't lost my dignity.

*Lights up a smoke*

Ahh yes...come and get me Grim Reaper 😉
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 06:03
    @Executioner-Brand

See the following:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/5-truths-you-need-to-know-about-vaping
  5. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 07:08
    @suzianne said
    The jury's still out on whether it helps quit. Theoretically, it should.

The caveats are that you can get a much higher dose of nicotine and get more addicted, and of course the physical constraints of the device itself. I've heard of these things catching people's pants or purses on fire.
    5 fast clicks and it turns on or off the vape I purchased. If it's on when you put it in your pocket or purse the button may be depressed.
  6. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 07:10
    @the-gravedigger said
    Just shove a fag in your gob and chill.
    No thanks and I'll take the $90 in savings this week.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 07:21
    @executioner-brand said
    I started vaping near a week ago. Haven't had a normal smoke in 4 days now which feels real strange for me after 30 years every day. I already notice breathing becoming easier as the dangerous CO levels they(the quit smoking clinic) test for decreases.

The idea is to switch to vaping(done) and then give that up which isn't an established addiction like 30 years of smoking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/1405923318

This book worked for me many years ago after unsuccessfully trying many times. I highly recommend it. Don’t underestimate yourself and your ability to shake the dreadful habit and drug.

Nicotine may be highly addictive but the withdrawal symptoms don’t wake you up in the night...so really how hard can it be? This book opens your eyes to the monster in your head!!

Try it.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 07:49
    @divegeester said
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/1405923318

This book worked for me many years ago after unsuccessfully trying many times. I highly recommend it. Don’t underestimate yourself and your ability to shake the dreadful habit and drug.

Nicotine may be highly addictive but the withdrawal symptoms don’t wake you up in the night...so really how hard can it be? This book opens your eyes to the monster in your head!!

Try it.
    "Don’t underestimate yourself and your ability to shake the dreadful habit and drug."

That's what it's about in many cases - just because it's difficult doesn't mean it's insufferable. With every day without smoking, you are one more day away from addiction - It's the habit that causes anxiety, just a habit.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 14:52
    @Executioner-Brand

I friend of mine smoked for years, tried to ease out by vaping. His advice: go cold turkey.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 15:21
    @moonbus said
    @Executioner-Brand

I friend of mine smoked for years, tried to ease out by vaping. His advice: go cold turkey.
    I think replacing vaping with eating cold turkey is a poultry suggestion.
  11. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 15:55
    @executioner-brand said

Smoked for about 43yrs and gave up about a hundred times. Started vaping last October and not had a ciggie since. Lungs feel a hell of lot better and my bank balance is a lot healthier too.
    I’ve gone from 2.4 to 0.6 so definitely less reliant on nicotine than I was.
    One word of advice, if your just sitting around vaping start timing it or you can end up vaping more than you ever smoked I give it five minutes to simulate a ciggie.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 18:22
    @executioner-brand said
    I go back to the stop smoking clinic tomorrow so I'd probably need to seek advice on that. Not sure if it's best to decrease the nicotine(mg) levels or just go cold turkey. I was thinking a month.

edit: can't wait to test my carbon monoxide levels again to see how much change from dangerous levels I now have in my breath.
    YouTube
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 18:231 edit
    @hand-of-hecate said
    Vaping is for skids and posers.

Try this instead. Open a new pack of your favorite brand of cigarettes. Have a friend stick the filter end of one cigarette into his ass and randomly place it back in the pack. Butthole cigarette roulette is a great way to quit.
    Yes, in San Francisco and your local prison.
  14. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 00:121 edit
    Just been to the stop smoking clinic.

My Carbon Monoxide levels went from a dangerous level (28) last week to (2) today. Not sure what that is measured in but up to 6 is a non smokers reading. CO is created from burning, even weed. But vaping doesn't burn anything.

I asked about the dosages and lowering them and was told they like to keep people at a comfortable level for a month(vape, patches or gum) and then start to lower it. So I will be sticking to 12mg for the next 3 weeks.
  15. Joined
    27 Jun '19
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 08:11
    Cannabis now can be the next Alternative medicine that can relief pains, lessen the seizures and can be infused in your dishes, I tried frozen yogurt infused cannabis before and it really tastes good! and now, there’s new and something interesting! On the other hand, Ingesting Cannabis has a side effect that can lead you addiction because of its high dosage that you’ll never know how much dosage that food has. By continually do researching, I came across in this article and learning that there are many kinds of cannabis or kylekushman.com/topic/co2-ppm-growth-rates/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree