1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 06:44
    So Trump is quite happy to advocate torture.
    "Fight fire with fire"

Is this a step too far even for the alt-R ?
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 07:14
    Once a population gets used to American Idol, the concept of "torture" becomes quite elastic.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 08:45
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Fight fire with fire"

I think it's quite outrageous and just another case of the Orangeman babbling more outrageous crap to keep his face in the media. He craves the attention and he keeps getting it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 08:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think it's quite outrageous and just another case of the Orangeman babbling more outrageous crap to keep his face in the media. He craves the attention and he keeps getting it.
    Junk sells
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 10:41
    "Fight fire with fire"

As for torture, Trump said "Do I feel it works? Absolutely, I feel it works."

Who spoke to him (or what did he read), and what was claimed therein, that makes him think torture "works"? Did he speak to any advisers who don't thinks it "works"?
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 13:22
    "Fight fire with fire"

He's just letting you know that its happening right now ( waterboarding ,torture ).
  7. Joined
    19 Oct '14
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 18:04
    The USA has always used torture it was just re-branded as 'special renditioning' under Bush/ Obama. I am amazed given the corruption in American politics that people are so blind as to think that the 'values' the USA stands for are anything but corporate corruption, exploitation, warfare and greed.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 18:21
    Originally posted by beardmusic
    The USA has always used torture it was just re-branded as 'special renditioning' under Bush/ Obama. I am amazed given the corruption in American politics that people are so blind as to think that the 'values' the USA stands for are anything but corporate corruption, exploitation, warfare and greed.
    I'm sure covert torture occurs in other Western democracies but the BIG difference here is
    a Head of State saying it's ok.

Secondly his "rationale" for using it is really puerile. "Fight fire with fire".
    What sort of C21st leadership is that?

What next? Tit for tat killings?
  9. Joined
    19 Oct '14
    Moves
    26 Jan '17 18:561 edit
    I'm sure covert torture occurs in other Western democracies but the BIG difference here is
    a Head of State saying it's ok.

Secondly his "rationale" for using it is really puerile. "Fight fire with fire".
    What sort of C21st leadership is that?

What next? Tit for tat killings?
    I agree that it is a backward step to condone it, but saying nice things about human-rights whilst carrying out 'special-renditioning' is arguably no better. Illegal assassinations were also carried out under Obama, Bin Laden being the most famous.
    That said I don't think it will stop a single terrorist attack and probably provoke many more.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 09:17
    I posted this on wrong thread...
    Well, who likes terrorists? They destroyed my hobby - attending rock gigs, so I like them tortured with water and other means.
    Hey, why Obama did not terminate torture and Guantanama in Guadallahara? Oh yes, he was busy getting Nobel prize for peace.
    But I sense here liberals' old fear of abuse the power. Trump might use Chinese water dripping and water boarding on Meryl Streep and De Niro. Streep eserved it with her bad acting. De Niro could have excuse for Deer Hunter and Raging Bull.
    But there are only liberals sissies, chess players who should be afraid, so take care of yourselves you chess nerds.
    I am antityrkish highway robber from Balkan.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 11:36
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Well, who likes terrorists? They destroyed my hobby - attending rock gigs, so I like them tortured with water and other means.
    Hey, why Obama did not terminate torture and Guantanama in Guadallahara? Oh yes, he was busy getting Nobel prize for peace.
    But I sense here liberals' old fear of abuse the po ...[text shortened]... fraid, so take care of yourselves you chess nerds.
    You joke but it is going to get very serious indeed. There are bets ongoing about how long it will take for Trumpf to get impeached. Which would be a good thing. But it would also leave us with Pence, who is somewhat to the right of Ghengis Khan.
  12. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 21:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    As for torture, Trump said "Do I feel it works? Absolutely, I feel it works."

Who spoke to him (or what did he read), and what was claimed therein, that makes him think torture "works"? Did he speak to any advisers who don't thinks it "works"?
    Hello again FMF. Interesting that you should throw your tuppence worth into this thread. Presumably, like me, this is something you have knowledge of.
    And, as you've placed the word 'works' in inverted commas, you appear to think that torture does not work. Is that what you think? I'd be inclined to disagree.
  13. Standard memberExecutioner Brand
    Grass Farmer
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 23:221 edit
    Mate, there is nothing like a good icy water boarding when you're sweating from the medications in the middle of summer..
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 23:40
    But I sense here liberals' old fear of abuse the po ...[text shortened]... fraid, so take care of yourselves you chess nerds.
    That's nothing, Obama signed the NDAA. Now the government can arrest it's own citizens without due process.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 02:23
    Bring it jerk

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree