What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Nov 15

rc

Moves
18 Nov 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
A crime novel, how apt! plenty of deceit and betrayal no doubt!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
A crime novel, how apt! plenty of deceit and betrayal no doubt!
Don't forget blood and guts.....

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
18 Nov 15

'One Second After'
just finished it
eye opener

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Nov 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Proxima by Stephen Baxter, when I finished it I realized it was part of a series, the next one 'Ultima'.
Did you happen to read Baxter's 2000 collaboration with Arthur C. Clarke, "The Light of Other Days"? If so, what did you think? It's a timely philosophical work, especially in these times of threatened decreased privacy.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Nov 15

Currently reading Andy Weir's "The Martian". So far, better than the movie.

Moves
19 Nov 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Currently reading Andy Weir's "The Martian". So far, better than the movie.
The only movie made from a book that I thought was "pretty close" to the book was The World According To Garp. Hey I may be a stickler. ๐Ÿ˜‰

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
03 Dec 15

I am currently reading Peter Hamilton: The Abyss beyond dreams.

I like the book and have found out that I should probaly read a couple of others which set up the backstory for this one...

Moves
05 Dec 15

trash spy novel Orange Wednesday

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Dec 15

I have just read a trilogy intended for Young Girls: ruby red by Kerstin Gier. It was entertaining.

l

Moves
08 Dec 15

I can recommend 'The Man from Beijing' by Swedish writer Henning Mankell published in 2008 under the title Kinesen (The Chinese).
"... The Man from Beijing is not only a first-rate mystery. Its characters are refreshingly intelligent, though also very human..."

l

Moves
08 Dec 15
1 edit

"The Defender" (Det kan vi stå för) by Geir Lippestad, the defense lawyer of Anders Behring Breivik, who confessed to shooting 69 people dead at the Utoya Island youth camp and killed eight further people in central Oslo.
"...In the most wonderful way, Lippestad succeeds in planting the flag of principle and at the same time delve into the details of a case which can make any principle shake. But Lippestad’s hand remains steady. The way he includes himself, his life, his challenges at home in his work, gives a perfect insight into his handling of the Breivik defense..."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Did you happen to read Baxter's 2000 collaboration with Arthur C. Clarke, "The Light of Other Days"? If so, what did you think? It's a timely philosophical work, especially in these times of threatened decreased privacy.
Haven't seen that one. I'll put it on my list. Right now, finished 'The Martian' Andy Weir and now halfway through Modessit, "The eternity artifact', from 2005 but it had remained hidden in my attic till I rummaged through my junk there and found it unread. I can tell if I had read it by the smoothness of the binder, if I read it, the binder gets crinkled.

So now I have to find out if the artifact book is part of a series๐Ÿ™‚

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
08 Dec 15

Chris Hedges' Wages of Rebellion.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
01 Feb 16

Neal Stephenson Anathem

I am rereading this one and it still reads well ๐Ÿ™‚