What are you thinking right now?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jul 13

Nunya....

lol

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]What are you thinking right now?

Nunya....

lol[/b]
I'm thinking I am frigging tired, been at work for 11 hours and a physical day it was! Aiming for some beer now🙂

Moves
01 Jul 13
1 edit

Nunya....

lol[/b]
I am looking for the thread in which I reported on my bees. I'll report the finale here.

To recap and leave out details: On Saturday a huge swarm showed up, found a crack in the house exterior, and hived between the exterior and interior wall of my garage. Today, bee people showed up as requested (very early, while it was cool enough that the bees were quiet) cut a hole in the drywall, vacuumed them out, gave them a better hive for transport, then sealed the crack. These bee people have 1000's of hives they move around to orchards on demand. It was amazing how the bees all went into the new hive once the queen was there. Well, we have a few lonely remainders.

In just a day or so the bees had completed a significant amount of honeycomb. New honeycomb is pure white and slightly oily feeling. It is a remarkable feat that DNA is able to program bees to build these structures. Reportedly these bees are quite docile until they have eggs in the honeycomb, and then they will drive you from your home if you come near, which the location would have forced upon us.

Across from us, neighbors with a shake-framed chimney are undergoing the same work today, except it is 30 feet up, and the hive is old enough that the bee people have pulled out several gallons of honey.

The bee people were a two-man team, one female. He was primarily a Spanish speaker although quite adequate en Ingles and she was, I thought, bilingual, until she told me she also speaks fluent Farsi. They are based in Fremont across San Francisco Bay from me, which is a good place to be trilingual in that particular way.

They said there were tens of thousands of bees in our hive.

So that's been on my mind.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jul 13

Originally posted by JS357
I am looking for the thread in which I reported on my bees. I'll report the finale here.

To recap and leave out details: On Saturday a huge swarm showed up, found a crack in the house exterior, and hived between the exterior and interior wall of my garage. Today, bee people showed up as requested (very early, while it was cool enough that the bees were quie ...[text shortened]...

They said there were tens of thousands of bees in our hive.

So that's been on my mind.
"I suddenly have a mayor arrival of bees in my garage wall, through a crack in the furnace flashing, and they will be someone's orchard beehive on Monday, which we really need. They are docile. Apparently there are two swarms that are deciding whose queen to worship.

We've had this before in the neighborhood, in some cases yielding several pounds of honey.

Any good surprises out there?" (JS357)

JS, please see: RHP Spirituality Forum: "You Are What You Think"

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse

I'm thinking I am frigging tired, been at work for 11 hours and a physical day it was! Aiming for some beer now🙂
BEST BEERS AVAILABLE IN PENNSYLVANIA, USA

"These are the best beers you can find in this region's stores and restaurants based on the availability information provided by RateBeerians in this area. A beer has to have 5 or more ratings to be listed here."

NAME BREWER RATINGS SCORE

1 Russian River Pliny the Elder Russian River Brewing 2086 100

2 Bells Black Note Stout Bells Brewery 559 100

3 Rochefort Trappistes 10 Brasserie Rochefort 3789 100

4 AleSmith Speedway Stout AleSmith Brewing Company 2034 100

5 Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) Founders Brewing Company 1549 100

6 Russian River Pliny the Younger Russian River Brewing 653 100

7 Bells Expedition Stout Bells Brewery 2458 100

8 Westvleteren 12 (XII) Westvleteren Abdij St. Sixtus 2634 100

http://www.ratebeer.com/BestInMyArea.asp?CountryID=213&StateID=38

Sonhouse, you're in luck. What's your pleasure?

Moves
01 Jul 13

BEST BEERS AVAILABLE IN PENNSYLVANIA, USA

"These are the best beers you can find in this region's stores and restaurants based on the availability information provided by RateBeerians in this area. A beer has to have 5 or more ratings to be listed here."

NAME BREWER RATINGS SCORE

1 Russian River Pliny the Elder Russian River Brewing 2086 100 ...[text shortened]... ?CountryID=213&StateID=38

Sonhouse, you're in luck. What's your pleasure?
What beer do you like/drink? We can find top ten lists anywhere.

I like Sierra Nevada IPA or Anderson Valley IPA but will try any IPA. I like hops. On the world scale, Pilsner Urquell or Bass Pale Ale (less hops, but fine). Heineken is fine, but for some reason, Guinness doesn't grab me by the lapels and force me to reorder next time.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jul 13

What beer do you like/drink? We can find top ten lists anywhere.

I like Sierra Nevada IPA or Anderson Valley IPA but will try any IPA. I like hops. On the world scale, Pilsner Urquell or Bass Pale Ale (less hops, but fine). Heineken is fine, but for some reason, Guinness doesn't grab me by the lapels and force me to reorder next time.
I've lost interest in beer per se but have recently enjoyed "Angry Orchard’s Crisp Hard Cider" over ice.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
01 Jul 13

Nunya....

lol[/b]
I had a girlfriend that used to ask me that, notice had and used. 😕

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
01 Jul 13

Nunya....

lol[/b]
The fish is tasty
The rice is weird
The broccoli is

Moves
02 Jul 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I had a girlfriend that used to ask me that, notice had and used. 😕
Was the had and used because you said you were thinking about having a beer?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Jul 13

Nunya....

lol[/b]
I'm thinking what the hell Nunya means

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I'm thinking what the hell Nunya means
Nunyabiz.

ha,

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
02 Jul 13

Was the had and used because you said you were thinking about having a beer?
http://lol0.com/lol-its-me-talking-to-my-beer-funny-photo.html

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
02 Jul 13

"I suddenly have a mayor arrival of bees in my garage wall, through a crack in the furnace flashing, and they will be someone's orchard beehive on Monday, which we really need. They are docile. Apparently there are two swarms that are deciding whose queen to worship.

We've had this before in the neighborhood, in some cases yielding several pounds of ...[text shortened]... s out there?" (JS357)

JS, please see: RHP Spirituality Forum: "You Are What You Think"
I've got a couple of bee stories. Here on the farm there are two trees with cavities in the trunks of them that bees had moved into. One tree is an old, old oak tree, (kind of like GB) that the bees still live in and must be just full of honey. They are docile as stated in another post by JS and you can run your finger in the cavity and get a little of the honey that is dripping down. When the breeze is right you can smell the honey in the yard. The other was in a pear tree and I had a stick or a handle to something propped up against this remnant of an old fence (kind of like GBS) and the queen had apparently flown out, landed on the stick and the hive gathered around her. I did get a very cool picture of the swarm. It was just the coolest thing to observe.

Moves
02 Jul 13

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
http://lol0.com/lol-its-me-talking-to-my-beer-funny-photo.html
She's OK with that.