1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 13:49
    @drewnogal said
    I’ve been educating myself with a few documentaries.
    Plan to watch ‘Black Death in the Congo - King Leopold II of Belgium’ on youtube tonight.
    I watched it not long ago.
    A sad expose'.

The evils that were committed under the influence of greed were apparently boundless.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 Mar '19 13:53
    2019 is the 30th anniversary of Michael Wood's phenomenal PBS series "Art of the Western World".

I've been watching it on YouTube as time permits. Very well crafted, both musically and visually.
  3. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '19 20:05
    "Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood" I'm 5 episodes in, it's pretty good so far.

YouTube
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 10:091 edit
    @suzianne said
    Online? Would this be on BBC.com, or... where?
    Nah, the Beeb doesn't let foreigners watch video on their site. (Radio, for some reason, yes; but not video.) Even if they did, I don't think they keep programmes available that long.

They might be on the RI YouTube channel - they certainly have a lot of content there - but the main page is <http://www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures/watch>.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '19 11:05
    @shallow-blue said
    Nah, the Beeb doesn't let foreigners watch video on their site. (Radio, for some reason, yes; but not video.) Even if they did, I don't think they keep programmes available that long.

They might be on the RI YouTube channel - they certainly have a lot of content there - but the main page is <http://www.rigb.org/christmas-lectures/watch>.
    Have you tried using a proxy server?
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 13:11
    @divegeester said
    Have you tried using a proxy server?
    I've considered it, but for now it's too much effort for what little I would use it for. I'm hardly an Eastenders addict, after all Reveal Hidden Content
    Boom, boom, boom boom boom
    . The few things I would like to watch eventually find their way to YouTube, anyway.
  7. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 20:141 edit
    Counterpart (series just ended) ...provocatively double awesome.
    Second season of American Gods starts in a couple of weeks.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 08:00
    @suzianne said
    I wanted to try this, but not sure about it. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't that close to the original.
    Well as I wrote before the first season is reasonable near to the original, but it is not really the film Version of the book, but takes some liberties already.

Seasons two and three develop the motives further and thus have not much to do with the original work, save a s Inspiration.
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 07:43
    A smart rat called Mandy that can detect landmines.

YouTube
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 08:081 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 08:10
    I’m half way through the second series of Timeless and thoroughly enjoying it despite it having a bit too much of a “relationships” element. Well scripted imaginative storylines against an interesting, if somewhat flimsy at times, science fiction backdrop. The delightful Abigail Spencer helps of course!

YouTube

Anyone else watched it?
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 08:572 edits
    @divegeester said
    I’m half way through the second series of Timeless and thoroughly enjoying it despite it having a bit too much of a “relationships” element. Well scripted imaginative storylines against an interesting, if somewhat flimsy at times, science fiction backdrop. The delightful Abigail Spencer helps of course!

[youtube]JiPq_w8b2wc[/youtube]

Anyone else watched it?
    Took a look at the trailer but can’t get into scientific time travel drama.

Have been watching The State on ITV. It’s brilliant, I feel it’s a drama that will more likely deter people from joining ISIS than decide to join it.

YouTube

Also enjoying MotherFatherSon on BBC2. There’s an interesting dynamic between the 3 main characters.

YouTube
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 09:25
    @divegeester said

[youtube]JiPq_w8b2wc[/youtube]

Anyone else watched it?
    Where can I catch this?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 10:101 edit
    @suzianne said
    Where can I catch this?
    Netflix.

Be interested to read what you think of it. Give it a couple of episodes to get going.

Well Netflix UK currently, not sure if US Netflix is screening it atm.
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 13:37
    @suzianne said
    I mean 'lately', not necessarily 'right now'.

Movies, TV, tell us what you're into or something new you've found.
    It's not new but I "LOVE" Schitt's Creek. It's kinda the Canadian version of Arrested Development another of my favs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree