1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:12
    I suspect it's what most people want. I click on a thread which doesn't have my name as last poster, hoping to find a discussion on a topic which interests ME and where I can add MY contribution, hopefully keeping the topic moving along and inspiring the next poster to do the same.

What I don't want is more of what I already saw in the last thread I looked at, which appeared to be on a totally different topic.

I'm always hopeful, that's why I'm still here, even though it seems others don't want the same as I do.
  2. In your face
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:14
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I suspect it's what most people want. I click on a thread which doesn't have my name as last poster, hoping to find a discussion on a topic which interests ME and where I can add MY contribution, hopefully keeping the topic moving along and inspiring the next poster to do the same.

What I don't want is more of what I already saw in the last thread I looke ...[text shortened]... ays hopeful, that's why I'm still here, even though it seems others don't want the same as I do.
    I think you must be in the wrong forum darling.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:20
    I just look for stuff to make fun of. 😕
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 00:21
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I think you must be in the wrong forum darling.
    No it's the right forum, just the wrong people. 😕

See wut I meen
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 02:021 edit

What I don't want is more of what I already saw in the last thread I looke ...[text shortened]... ays hopeful, that's why I'm still here, even though it seems others don't want the same as I do.
    Lively conversation with other relaxed site members (who have the emotional maturity to accept differences in others) in threads, pieces of string, with a series of opinions and questions is nice to find in public forums in today's world. (imo)
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:19
    I want a thread that doesn't get removed.
    😞
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:20
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Lively conversation with other relaxed site members (who have the emotional maturity to accept differences in others) in threads, pieces of string, with a series of opinions and questions is nice to find in public forums in today's world. (imo)
    That sounds like an ad for Carnival Cruise Lines. 😛
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:23
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I want a thread that doesn't get removed.
    😞
    And how long would you like your unmovable thread to live (before its round bubble head turns red)?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 03:24
    Little wonder they sometimes sink.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 04:49
    Anyone for shuffle board?

"Capn', we comin' up alongside a long diaganol..."

oops... we already done that <-----Reveal Hidden Content
    lower case

Reveal Hidden Content
    Arrr!
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 05:49
    No it's the right forum, just the wrong people. 😕

See wut I meen
    Former Georgia Governor Lester Maddox’ famous comment was that there was nothing wrong with his state’s prisons, they just needed a better class of prisoners.
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 06:59
    Originally posted by JS357
    Former Georgia Governor Lester Maddox’ famous comment was that there was nothing wrong with his state’s prisons, they just needed a better class of prisoners.
    Are you suggesting we need a better class of forum posters?
  13. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 08:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 13:501 edit
    Actually, i want to be educated and entertained, something with intellectual content, but not so much that its brow beating, but not so little that its the equivalent of a tabloid newspaper, to my mind Bosse de Nage is the best, failing that, dancing girls in a spaghetti western will do.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 16:18

I like seeing my name as the last poster because then I know that any posts lower than it on the list are ones I've already passed on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree