1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 01:05
    What are the most boring things you face in your everyday life?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 01:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    None.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 01:31
    I find peeling boiled eggs boring, especially if they've been cooked in such a way that the shell only wants to come off in tiny bits rather than large sections.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 01:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Threads like this, by people like you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 02:10
    I also find cleaning out the kittens' litter tray boring and I have delegated it to my younger son whose feelings of boredom are not within the remit of this thread.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 02:50
    I'll support that litter tray thing. My two used to be happy to use the mulch in the garden, but a few bird dive-bombings have scared them inside. Definitely boring. 🙁
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 03:291 edit
    pretty much anything that repeats itself...
    circular logic causes my eyes to recede and a stupor clouds my flow...
    on the other hand, i find marble mazes to be fascinating, even tho they tend to repeat themselves...
    i admit to doing the same yoga nearly every day, but, it's not every day so it doesn't count...
    a lot of times when a game of chess is virgin, i anticipate an epiphany that i will suddenly have me see the most brilliant opening move ever played...
    and i push e4...
    that sometimes is boring to me...
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 03:30
    Lengthy power cuts after dark when I am alone at home and it's too early to sleep.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:12
    Waiting on the phone for the someone whom my call is allegedly important to. 😠
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:182 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Threads like this, by people like you.
    "Are you contending for the prize of the nastiest and most unintelliigent response in 2016?"
    [Startreader]
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    I find peeling boiled eggs boring, especially if they've been cooked in such a way that the shell only wants to come off in tiny bits rather than large sections.
    I used to find that tedious, but then someone showed me a way that makes it quick. It's illogical....you hit the boiled egg on the side & roll it: the middle section crumbles & can be peeled away in a broken ring: then the two ends pop off.
    I would love to know if you try it out.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:50
    Originally posted by yo its me
    I used to find that tedious, but then someone showed me a way that makes it quick. It's illogical....you hit the boiled egg on the side & roll it: the middle section crumbles & can be peeled away in a broken ring: then the two ends pop off.
    I will do what you say to the next boiled egg I encounter.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:52
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Do it under a running tap, is another trade-marked top tip
  14. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 06:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Waiting on the phone for the someone whom my call is allegedly important to. 😠
    I have to call government departments most days and even the intermediatory phone numbers are not answered for 30, 45, 60 minutes at times. So I usually get on with something else & have it on speaker which is annoying for the whole office. Same nauseating poorly played tunes. Then someone answers and they inverably can not answer my question because it's not on thier system, have to wait for a call back from a decision maker.
    I find all ^^^^ that very boring and time wasting.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Feb '16 07:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do it under a running tap, is another trade-marked top tip
    Tap water is not drinking water here. Your glib assumption about this matter, I feel, is a mild form of oppression of those of us in the developing world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree