1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 17:56
    rock song of Massachusetts ?
    The Massachusetts Legislature actually has a bill before it concerning this?
    There may even be two bills.
    Discuss.
    GB what say you Beantown Boy?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:212 edits
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees

rock song of Massachusetts ?
    The Massachusetts Legislature actually has a bill before it concerning this?
    There may even be two bills.
    Discuss.
    GB what say you Beantown Boy?
    Unaccustomed as I am to Public Speaking (and Public Forums), I'm somewhat surprised by your question and at a complete loss for words. Off the Cuff my suggestions would be "Dream On Patriot NFL Rivals, You'll Still be Eating Dirt in 2013" or "Gratitude for Plymouth Rock" or "Let All Law Abiding Citizens of the Bay State Colony which Became the Commowealth of Massachusetts Give Thanks on the Auspicious Occasion of this GBS Thread that Thanks to Boston Lad's Disappearance Our People are No Longer Between a Rock and A Hard Place as They Were When He was Here and Constantly in Their Face". Hope that entries with titles containing 750 words or less are acceptable as they were for the Legislature of 2012.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:352 edits
    Bee Gees

Massssssssaaaaaachuuuuuuuusssssseeeeettts
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:37
    Modern World by the Modern Lovers
  5. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:381 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Unaccustomed as I am to Public Speaking (and Public Forums), I'm somewhat surprised by your question and at a complete loss for words. Off the Cuff my suggestions would be "Dream On Patriot NFL Rivals, You'll Still be Eating Dirt in 2013" or "Gratitude for Plymouth Rock" or "Let All Law Abiding Citizens of the Bay State Colony which Became the Commoweal ontaining 750 words or less are acceptable as they were for the Legislature of 2012.
    Although, as far as I am able to ascertain, that wasn't one of the 2 frontrunners (Dream on & Roadrunner) for the honour/honor, you may want to submit it. Now having said that I am envisioning issues (problems) with having that emblazoned on ball caps, T-shirts or coffe/tea mugs.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:42
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Bee Gees

Massssssssaaaaaachuuuuuuuusssssseeeeettts
    A good and obvious choice but I think they may be looking for a "tune" from a "local" group.
  7. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 18:511 edit
    Although, as far as I am able to ascertain, that wasn't one of the 2 frontrunners (Dream on & Roadrunner) for the honour/honor, you may want to submit it. Now having said that I am envisioning issues (problems) with having that emblazoned on ball caps, T-shirts or coffe/tea mugs.
    Roadrunner is an amazing song by an amazing songwriter. Not having known the nominees I went with the Modern Lovers as well. If it is overlooked for a song as terrible as Dream On, I would be appalled for everyone in Massachusetts. Or perhaps they deserve it?
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:06
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Roadrunner is an amazing song by an amazing songwriter. Not having known the nominees I went with the Modern Lovers as well. If it is overlooked for a song as terrible as Dream On, I would be appalled for everyone in Massachusetts. Or perhaps they deserve it?
    The members of the legislature will be the ones to decide I think as these are Bills but I've got to assume that pressure from their constituents would have some power. If you are not living in the state then what you think will have little effect.
    I, as a Canadian, think it's a good idea and may see if I can convince my member of parliament to put forth a private members bill suggesting that the Stomping Tom Connors (recently deseased 🙁) ditty, "The Hockey Game" be Canada's Rock song.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:12

---> "Dream On Patriot NFL Rivals, You'll Still be Eating Dirt in 2013"
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]---> "Dream On Patriot NFL Rivals, You'll Still be Eating Dirt in 2013"[/b]
    "I see", said the blind man.😳...The rest blurred my "vision".
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:28
    The members of the legislature will be the ones to decide I think as these are Bills but I've got to assume that pressure from their constituents would have some power. If you are not living in the state then what you think will have little effect.
    I, as a Canadian, think it's a good idea and may see if I can convince my member of parliament to put ...[text shortened]... Stomping Tom Connors (recently deseased 🙁) ditty, "The Hockey Game" be Canada's Rock song.
    I am Canadian as well and I, too, mourn the great Stompin' Tom.

It's tough to find a song that speaks to all of Canada. There are so many that speak to each Province but no real song, that I can think of off hand, that ties us together. You might be right about The Hockey Game.

First period...
  12. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:30
    By the way, Jonathon Richman and Tom Connors are both way more punk than the boring establishment-approved sterile fluff that is Aerosmith. God bless both those men.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 19:36
    A good and obvious choice but I think they may be looking for a "tune" from a "local" group.
    Well that rules out having to pay royalties to anyone famous.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:18
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Well that rules out having to pay royalties to anyone famous.
    Now I see why the Boston Tea Party happened (in 1776). Take your head out of the past and join the "now". OK the near past.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Mar '13 01:30
    Now I see why the Boston Tea Party happened (in 1776). Take your head out of the past and join the "now". OK the near past.
    I have enough bother getting it out of my ass, I think you young scallywags should decide which of it's many famous minstrels are going to represent that fine Colony.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree